DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 16h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Just saying, but is there a way of modifying the itinerary?
    I get that this is supposed to be stealthy and to keep you off the tables, but an average clear time of over 24 hours feels kind of excessive.
    From the point of view of safety, it feels like it'd be incredibly suspicious that so many players are purposefully training in the least efficient way possible, in areas where you get 20 exp when you need like 10k to level up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 14h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardan View Post
    Just saying, but is there a way of modifying the itinerary?
    I get that this is supposed to be stealthy and to keep you off the tables, but an average clear time of over 24 hours feels kind of excessive.
    From the point of view of safety, it feels like it'd be incredibly suspicious that so many players are purposefully training in the least efficient way possible, in areas where you get 20 exp when you need like 10k to level up.
    I don't think this NQ1 player has such an inefficient training route for the playthrough from what I recall. The NQ2 one did have one or two areas where the training might have been slightly inefficient.
    If you feel that you would rather move on to the next area sooner, you can edit the code in 'NQLoop.py' under the classes folder:

Code:
    elif self.curStage == "102":
                ## Loop until level 3
                while (int(self.curLevel) < 3):
    That trains the character till level 3 in that area, if you would like to move on from level two just change the value to 2 like in this example:

Code:
    elif self.curStage == "102":
                ## Loop until level 2
                while (int(self.curLevel) < 2):
    The location of stage number 102 can be found under the stages.txt under the main folder.
    If you would like to train at a totally different location from the program you will have to completely code the algorithm yourself.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tatnoob For This Useful Post:

Mardan (01-06-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 16h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by tatnoob View Post
    Alright, thank you. I think I know where to mess with things if I want to tweak my Insane playthrough now.
    Another issue I'm having, but that I can't deal with because of my lack of knowledge in python, is how to deal with the frequent crashes.
    The client will just close itself at random on a pretty much hourly basis, and there is no way of leaving it be without having to worry about it stopping.
    The log doesn't say anything, and it doesn't provide any hints as to what actually caused it.

If it was an .exe I could just use a process monitoring program to restart it on crash, but as a .py I have no idea what to do, and all google solutions would require coding on my part.
    Would a guardian script of sorts be hard to implement?
    Just a second client that checks if the Neoquester is running, and forces a call to client.py if it's not.

EDIT:
    I adapted a batch script to work for this.
    This will check if the client is running, start it if it is not, and check that it's still running in 15 minutes.
    If it's not running, the client will be restarted. If it is, the countdown is reset to another 15 minutes.
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF

SET EXEName=python.exe
    SET EXEFullPath=PATH OF THE NEOQUESTER

:Begin

TASKLIST | FINDSTR /I "%EXEName%"
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO :StartQuester
    Timeout 900
    GOTO :Begin

:StartQuester
    START "" "%EXEFullPath%"
    Last edited by Mardan; 01-06-2019 at 01:17 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mardan For This Useful Post:

tatnoob (01-08-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 14h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardan View Post
    Alright, thank you. I think I know where to mess with things if I want to tweak my Insane playthrough now.
    Another issue I'm having, but that I can't deal with because of my lack of knowledge in python, is how to deal with the frequent crashes.
    The client will just close itself at random on a pretty much hourly basis, and there is no way of leaving it be without having to worry about it stopping.
    The log doesn't say anything, and it doesn't provide any hints as to what actually caused it.

If it was an .exe I could just use a process monitoring program to restart it on crash, but as a .py I have no idea what to do, and all google solutions would require coding on my part.
    Would a guardian script of sorts be hard to implement?
    Just a second client that checks if the Neoquester is running, and forces a call to client.py if it's not.

EDIT:
    I adapted a batch script to work for this.
    This will check if the client is running, start it if it is not, and check that it's still running in 15 minutes.
    If it's not running, the client will be restarted. If it is, the countdown is reset to another 15 minutes.
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF

SET EXEName=python.exe
    SET EXEFullPath=PATH OF THE NEOQUESTER

:Begin

TASKLIST | FINDSTR /I "%EXEName%"
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO :StartQuester
    Timeout 900

:StartQuester
    START "" "%EXEFullPath%"
    I've had the same problem with you with the program crashing often. It's due to the program losing network connectivity to the server, or that the server doesn't respond and the session times out. I actually did a batch script too to counteract this:

Quote Originally Posted by tatnoob View Post
    I just used a batch script to relaunch the python script whenever it crashes, I'm too lazy to read the code so this is a solution (which isn't so elegant) which works for me

In case anyone is interested, for Windows you can create a text file with the following code:

Code:
    :start
    [Python exe path] client.py %*
    goto start
    Example:
    Code:
    :start
    C:\Python\python.exe client.py %*
    goto start
    Save the file as 'Launcher.bat' and place this file in the same folder at client.py.
    Launch the bat file to start the program.
    Yours is better since it does wait a while before re-launching it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 23h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I am currently playing on InSaNe! everything went smoothly besides taking forever to get to level 50, but I died on the final boss, is there a way to make the program stockpile potions so this doesn't happen?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Hello, got an error running this script the first time.

this is where I ended up when I looked at where it left me

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerkmid View Post
    Hello, got an error running this script the first time.

this is where I ended up when I looked at where it left me
    Hi! Use this site to locate where you are ((you need an account to see links))

Youre in the dank caves I couldnt pinpoint what level based of that pic bc im in a rush but find out where you are

Once you find out where you are locate the nearest "stage" by opening the stages folder in your program you're near one of these:

if you need further help id be glad just shoot me a pm and I can more indepth!

I just finished the game with this bot a few weeks ago so i can understand its a lil tricky

i cant recieve private messages on here im not ignoring u

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Milly For This Useful Post:

Shoyru (01-17-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 15h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by ohboy View Post
    Hi! Use this site to locate where you are ((you need an account to see links))

Youre in the dank caves I couldnt pinpoint what level based of that pic bc im in a rush but find out where you are

Once you find out where you are locate the nearest "stage" by opening the stages folder in your program you're near one of these:

if you need further help id be glad just shoot me a pm and I can more indepth!

I just finished the game with this bot a few weeks ago so i can understand its a lil tricky
    I was on the right level to fight Xantan, but I guess the bot got lost or something
    I reset it to the top of the stairs and it seemed to find its way this time. No idea what happened with it though! Thank you for your help

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerkmid View Post
    I was on the right level to fight Xantan, but I guess the bot got lost or something
    I reset it to the top of the stairs and it seemed to find its way this time. No idea what happened with it though! Thank you for your help
    No problem glad you got it solved, I had a hiccup around there as well but after that it was smooth sailing good luck!

i cant recieve private messages on here im not ignoring u

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I tried running it but it closed automatically (after less than a second). I put it in IDLE, pressed F5, and got this error:

========== RESTART: C:\Users\Rachel\Downloads\NeoQuester\client.py ==========
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Rachel\Downloads\NeoQuester\client.p y", line 14, in <module>
    import classes.battle
    File "C:\Users\Rachel\Downloads\NeoQuester\classes\batt le.py", line 1, in <module>
    from output import *
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'output'
    >>>
    What do I do?

EDIT: Just wanted to say that I recently got a new computer and it worked perfectly on my old computer (got all trophies using it). Is it this new computer or possibly the most recent version of Python?

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast