Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you feel about the recent immigration updates?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablo View Post
    Read through the thread a bit more and I'd like to say..

I'm a white dude born in Canada, but I can see why people would want to come here.

Places like mexico are very unsafe environments for raising a family with high murder rates and huge cartel influence. Suggesting that the typical illegal immigrant is a
    - Worthless gang member
    - probably looking to sell drugs or traffic drugs
    - a leech on society

is more than borderline racist, it is racist. How would you feel if you were born in mexico and heard stories of countless opportunities in america. Lets say you are a family man or woman, you have are expecting a child, do you want them to grow up in America where they have a chance to do anything they want, or in Mexico where they will likely get caught up in drug trade?

Please attempt to put yourself in the shoes of these PEOPLE. Human beings EXACTLY like you, they have desires and dreams JUST LIKE YOU. Would you want to raise your kids in a shitty part of mexico?

Suggesting that they would be leeching on society is not racist, it's a reality.

This article provides some pretty good insight into what we can expect to see as a result of these illegals being allowed to stay in the country:
    (you need an account to see links)

"But the President neglected to mention that the income of the typical illegal immigrant is so low that he would pay no net income taxes, and become eligible for welfare benefits like Obamacare. According to a 2006 report from the left-leaning Century Foundation, “it is likely that the undocumented workers will end up receiving rather than paying the Treasury money.”"

^This is true of a lot of people in the country, the economy is pretty shitty. Lots of people live at poverty levels and as such, need help from the government. That's fine, as long as they are at least doing their part and contributing. It's the people who abuse the system that cause the real issues, and it happens MUCH more than the government would ever admit. What we don't need is millions more people coming to the country illegally, and then depending on the government to provide for them. We have enough to deal with already.

"The employer mandate’s fines are only levied on companies that don’t offer health coverage to workers eligible for Obamacare exchange subsidies; if the amnestied population is not eligible for those subsidies, employers are better off higher those individuals over legal immigrants and citizens."

^I have read similar things in other places as well. The health care system is so screwed up now, that we would eventually end up paying for the new illegal immigrants health care as well, with tax payer money. Personally, I'm still under my parents plan, but I pay my part of the plan for my medical expenses. This year alone, the price has shot up and is expected to go up even further next year. It's pretty ridiculous actually. It's not saving us anything, or making anything more affordable. We are just paying for other peoples plans and soon there will be even more people to pay for.

And finally:
    "The unintended consequences of President Obama’s actions will be far-reaching. We’ll see what happens. What we know for sure is that those Americans who’ve worked hard and played by the rules will be asked to pay more and receive less."
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablo View Post
    Read through the thread a bit more and I'd like to say..

I'm a white dude born in Canada, but I can see why people would want to come here.

Places like mexico are very unsafe environments for raising a family with high murder rates and huge cartel influence. Suggesting that the typical illegal immigrant is a
    - Worthless gang member
    - probably looking to sell drugs or traffic drugs
    - a leech on society

is more than borderline racist, it is racist. How would you feel if you were born in mexico and heard stories of countless opportunities in america. Lets say you are a family man or woman, you have are expecting a child, do you want them to grow up in America where they have a chance to do anything they want, or in Mexico where they will likely get caught up in drug trade?

Please attempt to put yourself in the shoes of these PEOPLE. Human beings EXACTLY like you, they have desires and dreams JUST LIKE YOU. Would you want to raise your kids in a shitty part of mexico?
    We could welcome them more easily if they did it the legal way.. there is a process. Follow it like all of the others before them

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    To some extent I agree then other points I disagree.

I think if a minor is born here illegally they should be aloud to stay. It's not like they had a choice.

What bothers me, is encouraging skilled immigrants to get a drivers license.
    Skilled immigrants able to drive = better paying jobs for them, harder job opportunity for American citizens.

Can't be easy being the president thats for damn sure lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    To some extent I agree then other points I disagree.

I think if a minor is born here illegally they should be aloud to stay. It's not like they had a choice.

What bothers me, is encouraging skilled immigrants to get a drivers license.
    Skilled immigrants able to drive = better paying jobs for them, harder job opportunity for American citizens.

Can't be easy being the president thats for damn sure lol
    There are definitely a lot of complications with the issues, but the thing that bugs me is how it seems the president is looking out for people who aren't even citizens more than he is looking out for your average Americans.
    He should have taken a look at what would help us advance more, what would help and what would hurt our economy. I don't see one benefit to allowing these people to remain in the country. Sure there's the who "they are people too" - but they will be taking more than they are giving.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

|2eap (11-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    And I agree, there are legal ways to get across the border, and yea we can't accept everyone.

I can understand why people wish to leave their current countries and come to America. However we must look after our own before we look after others.

It's not necessarily being racist, but immigrants in general are leeches to society.
    The ones that aren't who really wanna make a change most of the time get a work visa then do not wanna go back when it expires.

When we say leeches, all that untaxed under the table money is money that we could have records of. Money that can go back into paying for themselves through taxes doesn't make it there because its all under the table. This is why I am a big republican.

You know, if you need help by all means I'll give you help. I'll help you and give you the tools to make it happen. But if you just disregard my help, or take advantage of it then fuck it. I tried but if your not going to help yourself or even try then your wasting my clean air and i do not want you in my presence ever. Using up my resources I work for.

But people don't use the system as it is designed to be. Which really sucks for the ones that do because I'm sure there are a bunch who use government assistance to really better themselves. And when we finally say fuck helping all these people who don't give a damn, I'm going to feel bad for those who did give a damn but everyone else ruined it for them.

/endrant

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Sure there's the who "they are people too" - but they will be taking more than they are giving.
    This, this right here is what gets me lol Fuckin irks me dude.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-24-2014),zxzero (11-24-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Anybody still following this?
    There's been more talk going around lately about this the past few days.

One of the most interesting things I've read about is regarding the interview with Jeh Johnson, the Secretary of Homeland Security. When questioned, he couldn't think of one reason that the new immigration policies help the economy or the American citizens.
    The most troubling bit has to do with the affordable care act and how it will impact the jobs that are available.

The general breakdown:
    -Employers will face a fee (a few thousand per employee) if they don't offer health care
    -The new immigrants aren't under the affordable care act, so employers aren't required to offer them coverage
    -Immigrants have work permits and would be able to take those jobs if offered, legally, not under the table anymore
    -Employers may be more inclined to hire new (read illegal) immigrant to save money

It's pretty screwed up. More incentive to hire illegal immigrants than actual American CITIZENS. Unreal.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Immigrants are fine, but illegal immigrants just pi$$ me off. They are more than capable of doing the right thing in their country instead of coyotes bringing them across the boarder for almost double what it cost to get a boarder pass. I mean don't get me wrong, if your an illegal immigrant I won't rat you out. But I also won't respect you as much as I would a regular immigrant. I know its hard to work in the countries that they come from, but they can also just tough up and do it. But what they don't understand is that the American Dream is dead, and it has been for a long time. They would have to work almost just as hard or even twice as hard to achieve it anymore. There is no more way to easy wealth like there was before the 90's. But then again that is basically like a compliment to us. Saying there country sucks and they have to sneak into ours. So thanks I guess illegal immigrants.