Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortions - Pro Choice or Pro Life?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    because i love chi im editing this out
    Last edited by whatareyoudoingomgSTOP; 01-07-2012 at 05:51 AM. Reason: because i love chi thats why

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    How old are you? 2?

Okay so menstruation is aborting an unfertilized egg.
    Just because an egg is fertilized doesn't make it a human being. Its not classified as a human until it has a functioning brain. My point is that if you are pro-life you accept that abortion is wrong from day 1, but you should also be pro-life from the time the egg is ready to be fertilized. What difference does that cell (the ova or sperm) from the cells that are developing at day 2? None (besides the fact that they have 46 chromosomes - sometimes less). They are just cells that have the potential to develop into a human.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    because i love chi i dont want him to hate me i just i really like him
    Last edited by whatareyoudoingomgSTOP; 01-07-2012 at 05:51 AM. Reason: BECAUSE I LOVE CHI I SAID

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Edit; I'm also a woman.

I just think your argument is pathetic and not even thought out.

Just because an egg is fertilized it does not make it human. It's just another cell. It has the POTENTIAL to develop into a human, and when there is a functioning brain it can be classified as a human but up until that point its just a group of cells that have developed to a certain point.

The body can naturally abort this as well - which to me is a sign that the body may abort it because it believes its a foreign and dangerous object. Miscarriages generally happen BEFORE the brain is formed (20 - 21 weeks)

What is a miscarriage?
    Miscarriage is the loss of a pregnancy in the first 20 weeks. (In medical articles, you may see the term "spontaneous abortion" used in place of miscarriage.) About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage, and more than 80 percent of these losses happen before 12 weeks.
    This doesn't include situations in which you lose a fertilized egg before a pregnancy becomes established. Studies have found that 30 to 50 percent of fertilized eggs are lost before or during the process of implantation – often so early that a woman goes on to get her period at about the expected time.
    What causes a miscarriage?
    Between 50 and 70 percent of first-trimester miscarriages are thought to be random events caused by chromosomal abnormalities in the fertilized egg. Most often, this means that the egg or sperm had the wrong number of chromosomes, and as a result, the fertilized egg can't develop normally.

Sometimes a miscarriage is caused by problems that occur during the delicate process of early development. This would include an egg that doesn't implant properly in the uterus or an embryo with structural defects that prevent it from developing.

When the fertilized egg has chromosomal problems, you may end up with what's sometimes called a blighted ovum (now usually referred to in medical circles as an early pregnancy failure). In this case, the fertilized egg implants in the uterus and the placenta and gestational sac begin to develop, but the resulting embryo either stops developing very early or doesn't form at all.
    Because the placenta begins to secrete hormones, you'll get a positive pregnancy test and may have early pregnancy symptoms, but an ultrasound will show an empty gestational sac. In other cases, the embryo does develop for a little while but has abnormalities that make survival impossible, and development stops before the heart starts beating.
    If the body can naturally abort a embryo up to 20 weeks of pregnancy then it must be a natural process that happens every day - therefore its not unnatural to have abortions. Furthermore if you are pro-life for religious reasons and god chooses to abort a child at 20 weeks then does that make him immoral for murdering a fetus?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post

If the body can naturally abort a embryo up to 20 weeks of pregnancy then it must be a natural process that happens every day - therefore its not unnatural to have abortions. Furthermore if you are pro-life for religious reasons and god chooses to abort a child at 20 weeks then does that make him immoral for murdering a fetus?

God is the creator of life, and He can control it. when He believes that a fetus is unfortunately not meant to be, then so be it. God, the controller of life, created us, He didnt create us to control life. God created animals and gave animals the function to reproduce. when God created a little egg cell to reproduce with a sperm cell, He is beginning life and you are insulting Him by not letting His work happen. God has his reasons for what He does. Even if you don't understand it, you just have to trust Him that he has the best intentions, that's called faith.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by whatareyoudoingomgSTOP View Post
    God is the creator of life, and He can control it. when He believes that a fetus is unfortunately not meant to be, then so be it. God, the controller of life, created us, He didnt create us to control life. God created animals and gave animals the function to reproduce. when God created a little egg cell to reproduce with a sperm cell, He is beginning life and you are insulting Him by not letting His work happen. God has his reasons for what He does. Even if you don't understand it, you just have to trust Him that he has the best intentions, that's called faith.
    And there we go ladies and gentlemen.

There are people that don't believe in god or the same god as you. Therefore they are not subject to the same laws. Therefore you should have the CHOICE to do what you want and they should have the choice to do what they want. If your god doesnt want you to abort - then dont. If they want to - its their choice.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    165 times
    Time Online
    8d 11h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    But if God did not want us to do anything else than to obey his wishes; Why did he give us a will of our own and did he not simply make us have a slave state of mind?

A sad, crude, twisted little girl.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouse For This Useful Post:

LeMiguel72 (06-02-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Well there isn't enough space in heaven so he let's you choose to sin or not.

It's a choice but most people end up going to hell either way.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoSunset View Post
    So if you're going to say that abortion should only be allowed in the case of rape, how are you going to decide when a rape has happened?
    Still waiting for an answer from someone who thinks abortion should only be permitted in rape cases.

Quote Originally Posted by whatareyoudoingomgSTOP View Post
    you are insulting Him by not letting His work happen.
    If 'god' is omnipotent, as I think most major Western religions say he is, how can a puny little human stop his work from happening? Maybe it was part of this 'god's plan that a woman should get an abortion- if he disagreed, he could easily make it medically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelsaint View Post
    Well there isn't enough space in heaven so he let's you choose to sin or not.
    This omnipotent 'god' couldn't even create an infinite heaven? What sort of omnipotence is this?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Okay Indigo, let's not blow things out of proportion. I never said he was omnipotent.

In fact, I believe God is a wrathful god, his angels are his warrior, destroying man kind and recreating it. If you read the different Bibical works, There are different versions of "God".

That's if he does exist.

However, Creation is the greatest miracle. The Miracle of life, pure innocence, a baby born with a clean slate and uncharted potential. When you knowingly take that potential away, it becomes murder.

You stamp out the seed of life. So if you don't care, or it doesn't matter to you, :/

Don't want?

Adoption.

Please do not flush them down the toilet or wrapped them in plastic bags :x