Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What shitty thing did your roommate/friend do that caused you to leave without second thought

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Agony View Post
    I have to say this post makes me so super glad that I have never had to have a room mate. I don't know how well id cope in any of these situation s to be honest.

My worst experience that even comes close, There was a woman who lived three doors away from me, and she just up and stole my dog out of our back yard one day, I seriously saw her do it. She moved away a couple of days after and I never saw my dog again. What goes through these peoples heads?!
    May I ask why you didn’t do anything about it if you saw her do it? I’d go ballistic on some bitch who stole my dog, lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealisticError For This Useful Post:

Ganymede (08-19-2018),Synth Salazzle (09-23-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    11d 2h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    My roommate, and closest friend for the first two years of college, decided I was too depressing to be around after I was diagnosed with a chronic illness and tried to completely cut me off with a week's notice to find a new living situation for the next semester. Not as bad as some of these other stories, but still a gross person lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    May I ask why you didn’t do anything about it if you saw her do it? I’d go ballistic on some bitch who stole my dog, lol
    I called the police on her right away and went to her door but she wasn't there in the property, I even went as far as to enter the property in search of my dog, the police couldn't track her down and two/three days later the landlord was there and informed me she had moved on. So im guessing she either took my dog as she moved out and left the same day, or was staying somewhere else for the couple days inbetween.

Otherwise you can believe id have had some serious words

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Agony View Post
    I called the police on her right away and went to her door but she wasn't there in the property, I even went as far as to enter the property in search of my dog, the police couldn't track her down and two/three days later the landlord was there and informed me she had moved on. So im guessing she either took my dog as she moved out and left the same day, or was staying somewhere else for the couple days inbetween.

Otherwise you can believe id have had some serious words
    Jesus, that’s so awful I’m sorry that happened to you let’s just assume she was a loving dog owner who kept good care of your dog.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    21h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I had a roommate who would constantly tell me about how she wasn't racist because she only had sex with black men. But like, she'd bring them to the room which was fine but what crosses the line was when one night she thought I was asleep and she settled in to have sex with her man of choice

While I was in the room.

Turns out a bit later that this guy got her pregnant and she's complaining to me about how much it sucks and I'm just like stunned about the whole situation honestly.

I've got worse stories but this one has always stuck with me because it's somewhat funny even though it's irritating.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 14h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by ratrising View Post
    I had a roommate who would constantly tell me about how she wasn't racist because she only had sex with black men. But like, she'd bring them to the room which was fine but what crosses the line was when one night she thought I was asleep and she settled in to have sex with her man of choice

While I was in the room.

Turns out a bit later that this guy got her pregnant and she's complaining to me about how much it sucks and I'm just like stunned about the whole situation honestly.

I've got worse stories but this one has always stuck with me because it's somewhat funny even though it's irritating.
    She's complaining about how much it sucks? What else did she think barebacking was going to achieve!?

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Here's a fun living situation I was in for almost a year:
    I had a friend who had just bought a house. My fiance and I decided to rent a room from him, and another friend "rented" the other available room (the guy still lived in the house with us).
    He told us rent for our room would be $500 including utilities. We agreed on that cost, and moved in. Later he said he wanted to change how he was going to charge for rent. He decided on $350 per PERSON, plus utilities. This raised our rent $200, while lowering the other friend's rent (who had a room to herself). We agreed to pay $700 because we knew how expensive it was to own a home and he was our friend. We wanted to help him.
    The other roommate ended up never paying him a single dime for rent or utilities. We were paying him $700 on time, every month.
    We all continue living like this for a while, until the roommate who wasn't paying started taking liberties she did not deserve. She started throwing peoples things away, or just taking peoples things to keep for herself. She would yell at people for trivial things, like leaving a single dish in the sink. I talked to the friend who owned the house to tell him I didn't feel like she was fitting into the household very well. He agreed, said that she was causing a lot of unneeded stress and drama. I then found out from her, that he said she was the "most important" roommate, and that he wanted her there more than anyone? He confirmed that with me, and then told me I needed to not use him as a middle man.
    Then....he invited another friend to come live with us. There were no spare rooms. He invited her to sleep on my couch and take up the entire living room so that no one could utilize it She brought a large black german shepherd with her (who i LOVE), and she never trained him to do basic things like not bark incessantly at night. He hated my fiance, growled and barked at him every day, and was never reprimanded for it. Then she invited her boyfriend into the situation.
    All this time, nobody was paying this guy rent except for my fiance and I. And he ended up asking us to leave.

We are in a much better situation now. We are no longer friends with the first two roommates. Interestingly, I did stay friends with the girl and her dog.