DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    If I go to someone's userlookup and try to click on their pets (to visit their petlookup), I can't. Is anyone else having this issue? Maybe this has something to do with the latest Chrome update.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxus View Post
    If I go to someone's userlookup and try to click on their pets (to visit their petlookup), I can't. Is anyone else having this issue? Maybe this has something to do with the latest Chrome update.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    The issue is occurring due to an incompatibility with newer versions of Google Chrome and the bxSlider jQuery extension that Neopets is using. For whatever reason, that extension is recognizing Google Chrome as a mobile browser, and is adding "pointerdown" event handlers which are absorbing button, checkbox and radio click events that occur within each element on the site that has a "viewport" class reference.

I've created a workaround that can be used with (you need an account to see links) for Google Chrome. It targets every "viewport" element and removes the "pointerdown" event listener, which allows checking and clicking to occur normally.

Tl;dr Neopets JavaScript is broken in Google Chrome, so here's a fix.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Avatar (04-02-2019),Cookie Tray (04-03-2019),Cybun (04-02-2019),Dasvidaniya (04-03-2019),Eureka (04-03-2019),Feepit (04-02-2019),Flordibel (04-03-2019),Gotch (04-04-2019),Meepit (04-04-2019),Menine (04-02-2019),Pinecone (04-03-2019),Poem (04-11-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (04-03-2019),Sarah (04-02-2019),Shoyru (04-03-2019),Star Dream (04-03-2019),Stocking Anarchy (04-02-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    The issue is occurring due to an incompatibility with newer versions of Google Chrome and the bxSlider jQuery extension that Neopets is using. For whatever reason, that extension is recognizing Google Chrome as a mobile browser, and is adding "pointerdown" event handlers which are absorbing button, checkbox and radio click events that occur within each element on the site that has a "viewport" class reference.

I've created a workaround that can be used with (you need an account to see links) for Google Chrome. It targets every "viewport" element and removes the "pointerdown" event listener, which allows checking and clicking to occur normally.

I just +repped the fuck outta you because I can finally give you rep again lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Bat (04-02-2019)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post

Odd, you are the hero that the greater Neopets community needs but doesn't deserve. Thank you

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

Bat (04-03-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (04-03-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Is anybody having trouble getting on to neopets everytime i try it brings me to the login page and when i input my username and password it says this site cannot be reached any ideas it sometimes works in incognito but not usally
    Travis

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisP1018 View Post
    Is anybody having trouble getting on to neopets everytime i try it brings me to the login page and when i input my username and password it says this site cannot be reached any ideas it sometimes works in incognito but not usally
    Nope...might you have issues with your IP, like an IP ban from Neopets?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Bat (04-11-2019)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Hey, @(you need an account to see links)! That does sound like a potential IP address ban, or perhaps your account has had its password reset - there has been a rash of those lately. You can determine if you're IP banned by connecting your computer to another wifi network and attempting to log in, or by disconnecting your smart phone from your home wifi network (in order to use its data plan), then attempting to log in through your phone. If you're able to log in successfully from either of those options, then you're IP banned. If you're still unable to log in, then you should issue a (you need an account to see links) for your account.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    excellent thanks everyone i will check out those options also why would it work it incognito if i was IP banned

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Update guys I am able to into neopets on my phone while connected to my home wifi however i get the same issue on my PC that is on a wired connection any ideas it tells me the site cannot be reached and then when i hit refresh it tells me that there is no username in their database that matches please try again but i know its the right username as i just used it to log in on my phone.
    Travis

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisP1018 View Post
    Update guys I am able to into neopets on my phone while connected to my home wifi however i get the same issue on my PC that is on a wired connection any ideas it tells me the site cannot be reached and then when i hit refresh it tells me that there is no username in their database that matches please try again but i know its the right username as i just used it to log in on my phone.
    If you're certain that your computer and your smart phone are both using the same outgoing IP address, then perhaps the issue could be related to your browser or the Neopets url. Before you log in, could you please confirm that the url in your address bar looks like:

and not:

There is an issue with form submission and request validation on the Neopets site when the url you're submitting from is "http://www.neopets.com//". The extra forward-slash throws off the site's validation process, which can result in unexpected behavior such as blank pages or "connection aborted" messages.

If you're still unable to login after confirming that your url is correct, could you please try logging in using a different browser? Microsoft Edge is automatically installed on Windows 10, Internet Explorer is automatically installed on Windows 10 and below, Safari is automatically installed on Mac, and you can also alternate between (you need an account to see links), (you need an account to see links) or (you need an account to see links).