30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 23h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    i don't think it was lilangel? she has(had?) an entire petpage of fake pb colors and some of them have been released, and i do know that eventide was on there.. so was 8bit, maractite, magma, etc. but she used to work for neopets and i know there's no way she'd quit especially over something like this
    Her stuff is really awesome! She has covered just about every sort of color scheme that I can imagine, so it's no surprise when the new colors line up a little with what she has got up. I don't think she really minds either. If they pulled some more of her ideas I'd be happy because they are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorbu View Post
    I just visited lilangel's profile and dat girl did not quit! Her art is amazing though...! <3
    Quit working on TNT
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Lazuli (07-08-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/1
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    41d 3h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Her stuff is really awesome! She has covered just about every sort of color scheme that I can imagine, so it's no surprise when the new colors line up a little with what she has got up. I don't think she really minds either. If they pulled some more of her ideas I'd be happy because they are great!

Quit working on TNT

Oh, whoops! Wait what? She quit TNT because they stole her art while she was working for them? This is confusing

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    you're not allowed to post pictures of yourself on neopets and i'm pretty sure there's a rule that says that somewhere.

blessed by @Clefairy for a prosperous and eggy 2022
    and blessed by @honeycomb with snek on a string crowley ily

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    While it is unfortunate, and definitely something that'd make me quit Neopets, it is in their TOS that anything we put on the site is free for them to use, and they don't have to give credit. Therefore, I don't put any of my artwork on that site.
    EEL SUSHI

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Well if you ask me you have to expect TNT to do this because once you send it to them they can do what ever they want.

Like every free pic site out there lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    If neopet have a legit art directing process I would assume a project like a new paint brush colours takes a while and don't happen right after someone put up something similar. It is easy to say someone stole your stuffs but really, how original is it in first place lol. eventide is like the godfather of sparkle dogs

TBH the above statement I'm not so sure anymore cause everything they released in news page is POOP!
    NOT DOWN!
    I want cute stuffs ....

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    i just don't get why everyone's being so pissy about this i know no one reads the TOS for anything but if something like this happens and you get butthurt it's your own fault lmao 'i'd quit if they stole my artwork' honey please a. it was a concept, not the artwork itself (and like i said, a really lame and unoriginal one) and b. if you get mad about people stealing your drawings of neopets you need more things to fill out your daily life

blessed by @Clefairy for a prosperous and eggy 2022
    and blessed by @honeycomb with snek on a string crowley ily

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowley For This Useful Post:

cloudxcrash (07-09-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    260/0
    Mentioned
    243 times
    Time Online
    47d 2h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    tbh it is in writing that they can use the ideas whether we like it or not. It would have been different if they did not have that anywhere on the site and available to the users it would be a different story

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by banana View Post
    If neopet have a legit art directing process I would assume a project like a new paint brush colours takes a while and don't happen right after someone put up something similar. It is easy to say someone stole your stuffs but really, how original is it in first place lol. eventide is like the godfather of sparkle dogs

TBH the above statement I'm not so sure anymore cause everything they released in news page is POOP!
    NOT DOWN!
    I want cute stuffs ....
    JS might be hiring new staff for that since they axed lots of old staff but who knows.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    11d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    i just don't get why everyone's being so pissy about this i know no one reads the TOS for anything but if something like this happens and you get butthurt it's your own fault lmao 'i'd quit if they stole my artwork' honey please a. it was a concept, not the artwork itself (and like i said, a really lame and unoriginal one) and b. if you get mad about people stealing your drawings of neopets you need more things to fill out your daily life
    Tto me, it's more the principle of stealing art work or any idea at all: 1. TNT discourages art stealing with other users, and 2. with any other thing, it would suck: in competition, another studio stealing your choreography. Or in music, if an artist sampled a major part of your music without credit (people sue over the sampling thing). And suppose you had a great idea for a cartoon or movie, post it on neopets to share with friends but you lose all the funding when viacom sues for copyright (I know they aren't in charge but totally a move they would make)...it not only destroys creativity but discourages anyone from trying anything original. That's why with copyright laws, it's often hard to figure out how much the fee should be: too much would discourage anything original, killing creativity and too little people would be taking advantage of the system. (or in this example of cooking, even if a family member claims your special recipes is their and takes all the credit and glory, you want to slap them because that's not their recipe...I could go on with these examples)

I know it's stupid to think that anything big can come from artist from neopets, and I do think if any of them has a problem with it, there are other sites that won't steal...I can't help feel a bit bitter they can legally get away with this type of thing, especially if art is something that a person has always been into and love. I'm glad nothing like that has even happened to me but if it did, yeah, I would whine and probably quit (mainly because it would be the last straw)...art isn't just something insignificant, it's my life, I breathe creativity, and I know a lot of passionate artist do as well. Plus, when your daily life is filled with drawing and doodling all day and you're happy, it's a daily thing, it's an identity thing, it's that thing you have in common with fellow people...of course I would be mad when people try to claim my stuff as their own.