15/0
    Mentioned
    340 times
    Time Online
    53d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    55m
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Every day that goes by is another day I lose faith in TNT of bringing NC UCs :/ What is the hold up dawg?
    They have a solid excuse now!

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapdos For This Useful Post:

howdy (06-20-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    422 times
    Time Online
    86d 21h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Every day that goes by is another day I lose faith in TNT of bringing NC UCs :/ What is the hold up dawg?
    Also looking forward to this. I mean that's a big cash income to let go of right?

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    153 times
    Time Online
    86d 18h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Yessss, anxiously awaiting a NC UC announcement just like everyone else and a little part of me hopes that part of the "exciting announcements" TNT Willow mentioned will somehow be related to them, but every time I get my hopes up with announcements they are shot down. So I'll keep cruising with no/little expectations for now I honestly don't expect much change in either direction with this Jumpstart news, but I'm a little hopeful by nature.
    ♥  slowpoke  ♥

♥  thanks, Zenitsu! for the art + graphics! ilysm! ♥
    ♥  thanks, Woohoo for the avatar!! ♥
    ♥  thanks, Lyrichord for the profile picture! ♥
    ♥  thanks, Charmander for the custom Ryu + userbar! ♥

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-16-2023),Fiore (06-16-2023),Lyrichord (06-16-2023),Zenitsu (06-16-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Yessss, anxiously awaiting a NC UC announcement just like everyone else and a little part of me hopes that part of the "exciting announcements" TNT Willow mentioned will somehow be related to them, but every time I get my hopes up with announcements they are shot down. So I'll keep cruising with no/little expectations for now I honestly don't expect much change in either direction with this Jumpstart news, but I'm a little hopeful by nature.
    I took a peek at the Roadmap and there's nothing planned for anything for 2023, although I thought I did see more info about them at some point; not sure if they went back and edited it? I'll screengrab it too.

Spoiler because image might be huge!

We haven't had any news as to "when" other than their usual "soon!â„¢" Not sure how many phases they think production is gonna take but hopefully it's not on the back burner. I think their goal might be to distract us with whatever little plot they have planned though.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Slowpoke (06-16-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-16-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i feel like the UCs are going to take a long time to implement. turning a pet UC is small potatoes, they're done it to the entire site on accident before, it's just the matter of coding it to selectively happen because of a paint brush. they usually have staff oversee that kind of thing, and now they gotta automate it. knowing how horribly the site is coded, that could genuinely be a monumental task--not to mention the fact that they hinted at literally re-drawing every pet ever, meaning this isn't just a simple UC release.

we really shouldn't expect this in a timely manner.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to khazhak For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (06-17-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 3h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I’m secretly hoping that when they do, if they do, come out with the UC paint brush thing that the pets are no trade. Fingers crossed.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-17-2023),John Cena (06-17-2023),Sakuras (06-17-2023),Wreathy (06-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    33d 4h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by khazhak View Post
    i feel like the UCs are going to take a long time to implement. turning a pet UC is small potatoes, they're done it to the entire site on accident before, it's just the matter of coding it to selectively happen because of a paint brush. they usually have staff oversee that kind of thing, and now they gotta automate it. knowing how horribly the site is coded, that could genuinely be a monumental task--not to mention the fact that they hinted at literally re-drawing every pet ever, meaning this isn't just a simple UC release.

we really shouldn't expect this in a timely manner.

I saw a comment from N_T saying the accidental UCification was done by someone with access, not accidentally by TNT and that TNT had to use some kind of record to manually change all pets back - which is why a lot of replicas were accidentally un-uced.

IDK if that's true but I do know two people whose pets were accidentally turned UC and didn't get turned back, and I know one person who told admin their pet was a replica when it wasn't and got a UC from it. It's definitely all pretty chaotic in their back end. I think the simplest option from their end would be a UC paintbrush that just covers up the main pet image - that wouldn't feel like having a UC pet to me, though.

More wrt the move - I know someone who works for a similar company in Canada and they said they'd be amazed if they kept all US staff and particularly help staff on (though outside contractors like artists etc would probably be kept). I wonder if we'll get a new Alice...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

John Cena (06-17-2023),Sakuras (06-17-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 23h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    It's going to be interesting to see how this affects the site overall.

I've been seeing a lot about School of Dragons and how upset people are, I couldn't imagine just losing basically an entire life's progress in a nostalgic game overnight like that

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

15. The Following User Says Thank You to John Cena For This Useful Post:

howdy (06-20-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I think a UC Paint Brush released as an event only prize teaser would be amazing. Then added to the mall for a specific price.
    I hope the change in ownership means more updates, proper coders, better support staff? One can dream.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

Cherubi (06-17-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I suspected Jumpstart was toast when I saw a slew of JS employees update their linkedin profiles about a month back.

Looks like netdragon is going for the fancy accounting tricks to squeeze out more dollars given the state of everything.

I'm glad neo lives on though. But - my hunch is if netdragon needs more capital they will sell neo off to a PE firm who will tank the site in the name of cApItAlIsM.
    Last edited by morecoffeepls; 06-17-2023 at 04:39 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to morecoffeepls For This Useful Post:

howdy (06-20-2023)