Thread: Apple giftcards / payment help? (+rep)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m

Apple giftcards / payment help? (+rep)

For the first time ever, I'm interested in purchasing an APP from the APP Store. I have never used my apple account to purchase before and I want to make this transaction using Paypal money but I'm pretty confused on how I can do this.

I noticed that the account requests me to use a credit card when purchasing but I don't want to link any card to this account, is there any way I can link a paypal account to my apple account so I can purchase things directly from my paypal balance? If not, I noticed you can purchase giftcards with paypal for the iTunes store but when trying to do so I got this error message: "We're sorry, but your purchase could not be processed at this time." - I tried twice to buy a giftcard directly from the paypal gift page and once to buy an online giftcard from the apple page but in both places I got error messages, so I'm wondering... is it possible to buy online apple giftcards anymore or is it not possible at all?

Any help is appresiated, thanks.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    For the app store purchase you can link a paypal account through itunes on your computer.

Open itunes and go to the "Store" tab.

"My Account" --> "Edit Payment Information."

Paypal should be one of the payment options.
    -Bruh, are you picking up what I'm Putin down?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainey View Post
    For the app store purchase you can link a paypal account through itunes on your computer.

Open itunes and go to the "Store" tab.

"My Account" --> "Edit Payment Information."

Paypal should be one of the payment options.
    Thank you I seeked for it but it didn't appear anywhere, but then I started to search more and it seems that depending on the country, you either can or can't use paypal, giftcards and other 2 types of payments... and it seems like you can't if you're from Chile, which really sucks if that's so But that would explain why it didn't let me buy giftcards for myself or why the paypal option doesn't appear anywhere. So I guess is a no no for me... which is kind of good since probably was a bad idea to use $$ on an app I just got

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    28d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    Thank you I seeked for it but it didn't appear anywhere, but then I started to search more and it seems that depending on the country, you either can or can't use paypal, giftcards and other 2 types of payments... and it seems like you can't if you're from Chile, which really sucks if that's so But that would explain why it didn't let me buy giftcards for myself or why the paypal option doesn't appear anywhere. So I guess is a no no for me... which is kind of good since probably was a bad idea to use $$ on an app I just got
    oh well if you still want, i can send you an Apple e-GC and you can just return the money to me via paypal.
    -Bruh, are you picking up what I'm Putin down?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainey View Post
    oh well if you still want, i can send you an Apple e-GC and you can just return the money to me via paypal.
    Thanks, you're so sweet! I'll take a couple days to figure out if I really want this APP or not before deciding, if I do want it I'll let you know