42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by HiroiSekai View Post
    My best guess is that they may try to tinker StackPath or find an alternative that doesn't ban any user left and right as it has been. Something that would take the entire framework down as they work on it. Either that, or a nasty DDoS attack. Either way, they should at least write something on their Twitter to inform people of what's going on.
    they should definitely have someone respond on their channels. there aren't staffers scheduled throughout the day?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightraine View Post
    they should definitely have someone respond on their channels. there aren't staffers scheduled throughout the day?
    Honestly, I'm pretty sure they're understaffed for how many departments they likely have to run. Just off the top of my head:

- I.T. people, just to deal with issues like this
    - Complaints team, to field and resolve issues like the StackPath bans
    - Score verification, just to verify the hundreds of thousands of scores they likely get submitted daily
    - Moderators for the Neoboards

And I'm sure there's a lot more behind the scenes. Issue is that only really the I.T. team will be able to deal with the issue directly, and whoever handles their Twitter hopefully is online in their timezone to field inquiries.

It's been a bit wonky on the timeframes too, so I can tell the work/team is lopsided. It took less than one day to unban my account from the StackPath CAPTCHA issues, but it took 3+ weeks for them to verify my high score on Kiss the Mortog. I think they'll post something as soon as they are able to their Twitter, or the site will go back up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 2h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    In my years of experience playing on Neopets...never do they ever do anything that makes play easy for the users...I have never understood why they do everything they can to keep people from playing starting with all their rules to all their site "protections"....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsbmock For This Useful Post:

oventoast (08-29-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    85/0
    Mentioned
    198 times
    Time Online
    95d 5h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Yet another day in Hell. What is wrong with these people. I was just going to purchase the Mutant Grams. When will I learn?!?!?!?

- - - Updated - - -

At least it is not just me that this is happening to

Cashew
    Hatched: 11-14-2020

Thank you (you need an account to see links) for the adoptables!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsbmock View Post
    In my years of experience playing on Neopets...never do they ever do anything that makes play easy for the users...I have never understood why they do everything they can to keep people from playing starting with all their rules to all their site "protections"....
    I respect everyone's choice to use programs and scripts (I use several myself), but I also respect that TNT needs to enforce some kind of automated system to handle the mass number of players they have against the team size they likely have. For scale, YouTube apparently in 2022 has around 2.6 billion active monthly users. If even 1% was affected by something like their automated copyright strike system, it affects 26 million people. Neopets is not going to be near those numbers, but I think the ideal remains the same. Personally, even with running scripts and stuff, I've only ever had the one recent ban issue from StackPath, and my unban request was solved by the end of the same day. Aside from that, only real thing I can directly fault them on is trying to flood the site with ads and setting up their Neocash system to remove them with real money. Luckily adblockers exist and work perfectly well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    42d 17h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsbmock View Post
    Seriously, the stackpath nonsense just made it worse. You hurt innocent players and get them IP banned, but also you slow down the economy for everyone. Its like they can't see the forest for the trees.

Reminds me of Tony Ps freezing brigade and how he would freeze if you no questions asked if you even so much as looked at an "illegit" UC... look at how good that did the website, the userbase fell off hard after 2012-2013, because many of us got chainbanned (myself included). It was obviously a bad decision back then to be so banhappy with most of your active playerbase, and it is equally a bad decision now to try and make it harder when a large portion of your community does "cheat", just because some vocal minority (for example NeoNation fb group people) are always crying about it.

It would be completely different if they enforced what was going on with certain items being severely jacked up and the economy making the site virtually unplayable for most people, and as such most people wouldn't resort to illegit ways of getting NP. But when it costs literally 200m np for a stamp that used to be in the 20-40m range, what do you expect your players to do. Manipulated price inflation and price-fixing is still against the rules but they don't target that, because it's easier to just throw stackpath at the problems and blame it on "cheaters" (script users)
    Last edited by oventoast; 08-29-2022 at 09:36 AM.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    26d 17h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Oof, another day in paradise. It’s times like this I’m glad I can come to CK and read comments from people who understand the workings of neo better than I do!

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    i was thinking a while ago that i wish they would just take the site down to work on it for a day instead of fucking around so i hope that's what's going on

would be nice if we at least got the red pteri--but it's not like there's any games for it to link to now

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    At least they could give a message saying it's down for maintenance....but I've saw someone telling they might be hacked? Because normally they do give us a heads up.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Mine is working! Are y'all's working now?

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •