15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Share your fixations!

I feel like my main fixation is self explanatory, considering my entire profile theme. I don't feel like I need to explain that extremely deeply I'm obsessed with roland sound canvas lines (SC-55 being my favourite. SC-55 MKII is okay but like, it's not the original. hits different with the performance increases, like old people listening to records and not liking CDs despite the superiority in quality it's not what I'm looking for.)

Also, this thread is for everyone so even if you aren't neurodivergent with a fixation you are still encouraged and welcomed to share the things you like or do as a hobby.

If you like more than one thing you can share in one go or come back later and tell us later on other things too.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Baby (07-07-2023),balzabul (07-07-2023),Jesuslovescats (07-07-2023),kittyray (07-07-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    26d 9h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Cloth diapers!
    I’m a complete nerd about having the perfect wash routine and a huge advocate for using cloth whenever I can fit it into a conversation.

To climb on my soapbox for a moment, every disposable diaper ever used still exists on this earth and in landfill conditions, will probably never decompose, even after thousands of years.

Using cloth diapers for my eight month old baby has saved approximately 1,500 disposable diapers from going into a landfill so far. Imagine if every baby was a cloth baby!

Here’s some of my stash! I have probably 50 in regular rotation and it’s more than enough.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby For This Useful Post:

Cherubi (07-07-2023),Jesuslovescats (07-07-2023),kittyray (07-07-2023),Synth Salazzle (07-07-2023)

Pronouns
    it/its
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 10h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    This might be a weird one but I've always been obsessed with radiation! ☢️ I keep a small (safe) collection in my home of different alpha and beta emitters behind glass and am a big radiation education advocate at my job as a public librarian when I can be. Like fire it needs to be respected, not feared! Sorry for the soapbox lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balzabul For This Useful Post:

Baby (07-07-2023),kittyray (07-07-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Cloth diapers!
    I’m a complete nerd about having the perfect wash routine and a huge advocate for using cloth whenever I can fit it into a conversation.

To climb on my soapbox for a moment, every disposable diaper ever used still exists on this earth and in landfill conditions, will probably never decompose, even after thousands of years.

Using cloth diapers for my eight month old baby has saved approximately 1,500 disposable diapers from going into a landfill so far. Imagine if every baby was a cloth baby!

Here’s some of my stash! I have probably 50 in regular rotation and it’s more than enough.
    I'm an eco nerd so when people use cloth diapers it warms my soul in a very special way. Thanks for sharing, some faith in humanity is genuinely restored rn from this. disposables shouldn't be banned outright imo but if more people took this attitude about using cloth then think about how much plastic waste would be spared.
    Think about this. How much one baby fills a land fill with disposables just until toilet training which happens anywhere from age 2-4 (Which you said is 1500 just at 8 months old). And think of how much you as one person saved by using cloth and not contributing further, even before the diaper times are over for the child. It's not an insignificant amount at all you have a right to feel proud about this, I wish more people did this.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata