41/0
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    86d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

Should I be worried? :(

I've gotten 10+ lost username requests to my email over the past day, at various times. None of them are from me, haven't used Neopets in a long time. I changed my email password already, but I'm still worried I use this email for a lot of things.

What does it mean when your'e getting a lot of lost username requests?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    52d 20h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Someone might be trying to get into your neopets account. Have you checked your email for unusual activity? Some email providers keep track of what locations your emails have been opened from.

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    157d 17h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Someone may have found your email on an unregistered email list for Neopets and they are probably trying to gain access to your old Neopets account(s).

If you remember your log in you could always log in and change your Neopets password and also the email linked to it that way it shouldn't compromise your current email.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    86d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Okay. I see an unsuccessful sign-in from China, which hopefully means my accuont has not been compromised. Thank you guys :o

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Poem View Post
    Okay. I see an unsuccessful sign-in from China, which hopefully means my accuont has not been compromised. Thank you guys :o
    probably a proxy was used to do that

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezreal For This Useful Post:

Maelstra (11-11-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    26d 15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    If you have any sides you dont care about, you may want to self freeze them, someone may try to get into your sides as a way to "prove" and go through the ticket system to steal your account. Also you may want to submit a ticket to tnt this is happening so tnt can watch your back if its on a legit / semilegit account. Though I would wait a bit as they might be lurking and time can help distance you from this post.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    17d 11h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I would definitely take some time to check what account(s) might be linked to that email, change their data around or even change their email if you have a good backup.
    Better safe than sorry if you're getting a lot of undesired attention, especially from weird places.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    47d 17h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Maybe someone is trying to get your attention?
    In the past, I've sent lost username/password requests to people who I need to contact, in hopes they'll log into their neopets account and respond to my neomail. Although, I'd assume that's unlikely.

Just change all the security info for your email and you should be okay. As another mentioned, also update the security info on any other emails associated with this one.

I doubt anyone found your email on a list of unregistered emails, because that would mean this account was unregistered. Which, if you are using it, is not the case. So, someone for your email another way. Perhaps through a different email somehow linked to this one, or they already have access to your neo account and are trying to get into your email. So, update your neo account info, as well.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kit For This Useful Post:

Maelstra (11-11-2017),Raposa (11-04-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    One of my e-mails keeps getting random log-in attempts from China. Really annoying and somewhat scary seeing as that e-mail has other personal stuff within it. Unreg lists are meant for registering e-mails that are no longer in use to claim the neopets accounts associated with them. The people trying to break into e-mail accounts need to just stop. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    If your emails are having login attempts that you don't recognize please just bite the bullet and make a new email. Download/backup everything you want to save and change your email address on any accounts associated with that email. Its way better to be safe than sorry.

Also if you use the same password for that email on any other accounts on the internet then change your passwords. Doesn't matter if its a bank, safeway, rite aid, costco, whatever. Assume that email address and the passwords associated with that email are compromised.
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Stocking Anarchy; 11-04-2017 at 11:57 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stocking Anarchy For This Useful Post:

Maelstra (11-11-2017),Raposa (11-04-2017),Sakuras (11-05-2017)