Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else disheartened with Neopets?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    96d 9h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeongyeon View Post
    Neopets is a dead game. If you still take it seriously, you will only disappoint yourself.
    Yeah that's not how it works. You can't spend so much time on a game and not take it seriously.
    Last edited by Erik.; 06-04-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    The mobile beta threw me fo a loop yesterday, I even made the mistake of using one of my morphing potions on my Uni instead of storing in shop. XD Suddenly I had a Poogle and was like wtf? lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    164 times
    Time Online
    27d 17h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I've been disappointed with Neopets ever since they converted the pets. If there was an option to unconvert pets, I'd do it or have the opportunity to win a UC pet I'd probably play more.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    46d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    46m
    Theres little incentive to customize your pets with the Beta

I would much prefer the classic circle if anything

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorara For This Useful Post:

Numbkins (06-04-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Delibird View Post
    I've been disappointed with Neopets ever since they converted the pets. If there was an option to unconvert pets, I'd do it or have the opportunity to win a UC pet I'd probably play more.
    How many years ago was that?

And I�m only disappointed in myself for being on neo so long and not having much to show for it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    They know the audience that plays neopets and still think their target audience are children. It's delusion. I feel like if they fix that aspect of their approach to things and work from there it will be fine, but I don't think they are willing to let go of that kiddish branding.

Also, the redesign for their site is really not for me, i wish they kept some sort of integrity from the old site.
    Last edited by Chihiro; 06-04-2020 at 04:48 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chihiro For This Useful Post:

Erik. (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chihiro View Post
    They know the audience that plays neopets and still think their target audience are children. It's delusion. I feel like if they fix that aspect of their approach to things and work from there it will be fine, but I don't think they are willing to let go of that kiddish branding.

Also, the redesign for their site is really not for me, i wish they kept some sort of integrity from the old site.
    They want to go after a market they're not going to get.
    It's unfortunate.

I'll say it once more: it's cheaper to keep a loyal customer than to try and get a new one.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

Bellz (06-04-2020),Chihiro (06-04-2020),dyori (06-04-2020),Erik. (06-04-2020),hatpacket (06-04-2020),Worlds (06-04-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
    Yeah that's not how it works. You can't spend so much time on a game and not take it seriously.
    Maybe not for you. I still play the game regularly but i dont take it seriously anymore. If i were iced right now ill just shrug it off. The game is barely in development. No point on taking it seriously.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,171 times
    Time Online
    563d 2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 28m
    I feel like for years we've been saying one thing or the other is going to be the killing blow and we've still come out on top. Neopets users are, if anything, loyal. Look at all of us here–*no, we wouldn't be here if certain frustrating aspects of the game were changed, but we also wouldn't be here if we didn't care enough to find a workaround.

I do find it concerning their absolute denial of their audience, and I think NetDragon is to blame. When JumpStart acquired Neopets from Viacom, they acknowledged the audience had aged with the site even if they wanted to keep it family friendly (can't remember exact wording). (you need an account to see links). So, yes, I'm disheartened, and I'm really frustrated with the redesign because I had been pretty hopeful about it before.

But let's be real, I'm gonna keep sticking around and a lot of us are prepared to go down with the ship whether that be in 1 or 5 or 20 more years.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (06-04-2020),Flordibel (06-04-2020),Worlds (06-04-2020)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I just come around for dailies and entering Art Gallery/Beauty Contest stuff. Although I'm doubtful they'd get rid of petpage customization (there's a lot of informational petpages out there that the community relies on, like guides and such, so I'm hoping they know this and are wary of messing with this feature) but there's a part of me that worries that profiles and pages might end up broken in the conversion to HTML5 somehow, some way. Like many have said before, they don't seem to be listening to their userbase, most of which are adults at this point. I can get used to the strange aesthetics they're choosing with the mobile beta with time, although I'm disappointed that some (in my opinion) necessary forum features are being set aside as mere possibilities rather than confirmed to be implemented. Then again, idk how things are coded for this site and how they can go about making it all work, so perhaps the spaghetti-code foundation of yesteryear can be to blame, to some degree.

I have a sort of "doomsday prep" thing going on for my characters where I've more or less exported them into their own original universe, just in case Neo goes belly-up or fucks up so bad that even I can't stick around anymore. If any of you are invested to the point of having OCs I'd highly reccommend the same.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (06-04-2020),Worlds (06-04-2020)