146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

NC Lag / FQ Issues?

I've noticed since yesterday that the NC mall and things related to it (Fortune cookies,etc) are lagging like crazy, sometimes taking minutes and multiple clicks just to remove from SDB and then even longer to open. I thought that yesterday was just a bad day for my VPN service and that it was being slow. I just checked on reddit and they confirm it is happening for everyone on Neopets so I'm not too worried about that being an only me thing.

What I haven't seen confirmed by anyone else yet has been when I get a Faerie Quest from my fortune cookie (Finally) then I go and get the item and then come back to a completely different faerie asking for a different item. Like Earth Faerie will ask for something and I'll come back from buying the item and Grey Faerie will be like "Did you get my item yet?" with a completely different request. Sometimes this will happen up to 3 times before it'll actually stop on a faerie/item combo that will stay. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it connected to the NC lag problem or is this completely different? I'd really hate to get a FFQ just to come back to an Air Faerie Quest taking its place. I'll probably just take a break from Faerie quest cookies on all accounts til it's fixed (if not just for the painfully slow process of removing them from SDB and opening them) but again I haven't seen anyone else say anything is wrong with it.

I don't want the fact that the faerie quests are changing to set off red flags or anything as I'm opening them on multiple shells and for the same reason I don't want to send a ticket and attract attention to any of my accounts.
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 12-17-2022 at 09:55 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Erik. (12-18-2022),Ice (12-18-2022),Meepit (12-17-2022),Zenitsu (12-17-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 19h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    The nc mall doesn't even fucking work. I've had that faerie quest glitch a few odd times through the years, not a bunch in a row though. Neopets just makes me so fucking angry how do they fuck this shit up every time I got some downtime to catch up on shit? Like I just wanna get some stuff I couldn't earlier because I had to pay bills and make sure I got all the christmas stuff for everyone first.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-17-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Meepit View Post
    The nc mall doesn't even fucking work. I've had that faerie quest glitch a few odd times through the years, not a bunch in a row though. Neopets just makes me so fucking angry how do they fuck this shit up every time I got some downtime to catch up on shit? Like I just wanna get some stuff I couldn't earlier because I had to pay bills and make sure I got all the christmas stuff for everyone first.
    Yeah, that really sucks. You'd think out of all things they'd make sure their NC related crap works cause that's how they get their money other than the ads that most of us block. My Faerie Quest cookies ended this morning and my lab cookies end in 30 mins and that's on... lets just say a lot of accounts. It would take me all night just to open a lab and faerie quest on each account, let alone actually do the zaps and quests from each. It usually takes an hour tops to do them all.

And yeah the glitch has happened on every account up to 3 times each, sometimes in my favor, sometimes not.
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 12-17-2022 at 09:13 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Meepit (12-17-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him 🧍
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    436 times
    Time Online
    251d 19h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 53m
    Yep! I can definitely relate. It feels like everything related to NC is either super slow or buggy. I haven't tried those cookies yet, so I can't comment, but sending out some NC today was brutal. It takes ages to remove them from your closet, and the whole sending process is even worse! I hope it improves soon, but I'm pretty sure it worsened with the free NC. More trades and so much sending back and forth, maybe?
    Slowpoke! 💧🌊💙ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤBrittany Buizel GangㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤK-Pop Idol Icy 🧊 ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤAri 🌸ㅤㅤ Bat Fanclub *squeak* 🦇
    💻💊😎 Join the Nyanomatrix. ㅤㅤDuke & Ditah 🐕 Clefairy ⚡ 😭 Wooloo 🐑 Howdy 🤠🐦

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zenitsu For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-17-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 19h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    Yeah, that really sucks. You'd think out of all things they'd make sure their NC related crap works cause that's how they get their money other than the ads that most of us block. My Faerie Quest cookies ended this morning and my lab cookies end in 30 mins and that's on... lets just say a lot of accounts. It would take me all night just to open a lab and faerie quest on each account, let alone actually do the zaps and quests from each. It usually takes an hour tops to do them all.

And yeah the glitch has happened on every account up to 3 times each, sometimes in my favor, sometimes not.
    Definitely seems like its related to basically all the nc glitching right now. It seems like the servers just aren't responding 9 times out of 10 for a lot of stuff. The faerie quest cookies not holding the faerie it picked the first time must be the same kind of hiccups as items not sending or nc pages only loading 1 out of 10 times to getting to your cart and then being able to pay is impossible. Im going to miss out on the stockings and the previews were so good this year. People are talking about it on site but the boards are slow lol I guess because its a dumpster fire and they wanna come back later.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-17-2022)

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    77d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Its awful atm and I cant even get the ncmall page to load at all

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

Meepit (12-17-2022),Narkotiq (12-17-2022)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Damn the site broke again? What's new.

I haven't been on the NCC in a while but I've been seeing people complain about it in discord/FB. Good thing I have no desire to trade right now

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I bought NC last night and it took me 30ish minutes of trying to reload the mall and then the page to actually buy NC. Then another 15 or so trying to get my cart to actually check out.

Haven't had any issues up until last night either bu glad to hear it's not just me.

I've seen screenshots of other people with that faerie quest bug though so I'm holding off on buying any cookies until then.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rina For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Helene View Post
    I bought NC last night and it took me 30ish minutes of trying to reload the mall and then the page to actually buy NC. Then another 15 or so trying to get my cart to actually check out.

Haven't had any issues up until last night either bu glad to hear it's not just me.

I've seen screenshots of other people with that faerie quest bug though so I'm holding off on buying any cookies until then.
    Wait whats this about the faerie quest bug? I run a FQC yearly every day and noticed a day or two ago it took me a bit to accept a quest

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Wait whats this about the faerie quest bug? I run a FQC yearly every day and noticed a day or two ago it took me a bit to accept a quest
    So the bug seems to be that you'll start a faerie quest. For example lets say the Faerie you get is the Fire Faerie and she want's "X item". So you open shop wiz and buy the item and then head back to the faerie quest page (or refresh the tab its open on) and the faerie is no longer the Fire Faerie but lets say Earth Faerie, and she wants "Y item" not X item. And even then sometimes you'll go to get that item and come back to a different faerie (or sometimes the same faerie) wanting "Z item" instead of X or Y item you've already bought.

It's happened on all of my shells yesterday and a few today that cookies were still active on. I also managed to open 1 FQ cookie before giving up on trying to do anymore for the day and it's the same problem.

(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Narkotiq; 12-17-2022 at 10:24 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Totodile (12-17-2022),Zenitsu (12-18-2022)