Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Would anyone be interested in a fitness/exercise motivation or challenge group?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 2h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I might get in on this at some point in time. The holidays are a terrible time to start this because I know I'm not going to be getting too motivated for the gym until the new year.

I started eating healthier last year, then after a month or two, started working out. I'm a firm believer that you can't work off a poor diet. Had a lot too much to drink at my bros graduation party and sprained my ankle pretty badly in the summer. It was just starting to get better and I did the same thing about a month later, also after a few drinks. My ankle is finally close to being 100% so I want to start getting back to the gym... but all those cookies and delicious holiday meals mmmm
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    636 times
    Time Online
    88d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    That'd be AWESOME, @(you need an account to see links)! I really need some motivation to do more training like that.
    I'd love to complete a few more official 5K's - my goal for this year was 2 after doing my very first one late last year, and I just never got around to signing up for one.

That's awesome, @(you need an account to see links). I've compleeetely stalled for about a year now, and it's frustrating!
    I think I see progress in the shape of my body - I think?? - but it's hard when that scale doesn't budge, lol.

Yeaaaaaahhhh, @(you need an account to see links), I was definitely thinking of maybe a basic challenge for like abs or something for January, but nothing before that. I need my excuse to eat Christmas food... lol.
    But legit, "you can't work off a poor diet" is one of my biggest motivations. I went through some serious phases where I just thought if I worked out a little more, I could have candy and stuff every day... fail.
    Definitely doesn't work like that.
    Sorry about your ankle! That sucks!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,191 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    That's awesome, @(you need an account to see links). I've compleeetely stalled for about a year now, and it's frustrating!
    I think I see progress in the shape of my body - I think?? - but it's hard when that scale doesn't budge, lol.

It's definitely better to see changes on your body than have a lower number on the scale though! I noticed that my tummy is a lot more flat than before, but I still have a lot of fat on my thighs and hips that I want to lose. I'm trying to eat smaller portions and a lot less desserts than I used to, but it can be so hard sometimes.

What kind of exercices are you doing? I'm not exercising at all to be honest. I only made changes in the way I'm eating so far!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 2h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    Yeaaaaaahhhh, @(you need an account to see links), I was definitely thinking of maybe a basic challenge for like abs or something for January, but nothing before that. I need my excuse to eat Christmas food... lol.
    But legit, "you can't work off a poor diet" is one of my biggest motivations. I went through some serious phases where I just thought if I worked out a little more, I could have candy and stuff every day... fail.
    Definitely doesn't work like that.
    Sorry about your ankle! That sucks!
    All the delicious food around during not just Christmas, but then New Years is killer. I figure I'll start back up with things once the new year comes around. The gym is going to be slammed with people who decide to start new years resolutions though. I'll probably start with some cardio through the park with some core before/after. The diet shouldn't be much of an issue once the holidays are over. Once you get started, it's easy to keep it going. It's just that initial push.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I have not ran in like a week and a half!!! I have been sick for awhile though so only now I am getting over it!!! I will probably go for a run on monday ^_____^

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Maison View Post
    I have not ran in like a week and a half!!! I have been sick for awhile though so only now I am getting over it!!! I will probably go for a run on monday ^_____^
    I try and work out hard when I'm sick depending on the what I'm suffering from of coarse, I'll normally just put on thick clothing and go for a walk then sit in a steam room and sweat it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    I try and work out hard when I'm sick depending on the what I'm suffering from of coarse, I'll normally just put on thick clothing and go for a walk then sit in a steam room and sweat it out.

I contracted Mono!!! Not something you want to try working out with LOL

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

Would anyone be interested in a fitness/exercise motivation or challenge group?

Quote Originally Posted by Maison View Post
    I contracted Mono!!! Not something you want to try working out with LOL
    Well.....shit.....haha

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/1
    Mentioned
    320 times
    Time Online
    95d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by scarmans View Post
    Well.....shit.....haha

Tell me about it LOL!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    31d 23h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I'm definitely interested!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octopus For This Useful Post:

Introvert (12-20-2015),rachel (12-20-2015)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast