DL/UL
    117/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    93d 19h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't remember how the fuck he knew of the existence of this game.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pinecone For This Useful Post:

gjniev (12-08-2019),lorie (10-11-2019),pinkriffic (10-09-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    16d 21h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I think I was around 8-10 years old and got a Neopets toy from McDonalds, it was a blue kacheek. I checked the site out, seeing the name on the tag. I made a blue kacheek as my first pet and was hooked on it ever since.

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    21d 1h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    My childhood best friend introduced me to the site when I was about ten. The instant I saw what it was I wanted in, but my email wasn't set up to actually receive messages from anyone outside of my contacts - my parents were very worried about internet stranger danger so they put a parental block on it. I had to make a coherent argument to them about the value of me signing up for this site so they'd let me sign up with one of their email addresses. There were posters and everything.
    That friend and I fell out of touch, but I actually bonded with my current best friend over the site shortly afterward.
    I still have my original account, though I think the first friend's account is long gone now and the second friend has been through so many it's hard to keep track.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to oxton For This Useful Post:

Winona (10-09-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I saw fanart on a art platform page, similar to deviantart.
    So I looked it up and made an account. Still have that account and my first pet to this date.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    21h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    My two close friends got me started in 6th grade when we would have class in the computer lab. I wasn't too interested at the time as I only knew how to do some dailies and explore, feed my pet and such. Once my friend showed me avatar collecting, I was hooked. I wanted to get as many as I could and as a result I learned how to play the games better, I learned my way around the site and it just grew from there.
    That's so much like me! Collecting avatars was what I liked the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espurr
    I think I was around 8-10 years old and got a Neopets toy from McDonalds, it was a blue kacheek. I checked the site out, seeing the name on the tag. I made a blue kacheek as my first pet and was hooked on it ever since.
    Merch was surprisingly hard to find in my area. I remember ordering a few plushies on ebay because I couldn't find anything in my town...
    Last edited by Starlight-moonlight; 10-09-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i had a friend when i was seven who was obsessed with everything to do with horses. our town's mcdonalds just rolled out neopets toys and she collected a TON of the uni toys, then decided she wanted more uni stuff. she invited me over and showed me all this neopets stuff, showed me the website, and i signed up.
    i totally forgot about it until i was twelve and another friend showed me her neopets account and i signed up again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Oh man what a nostalgic question . . .

I was in 5th grade and my mom set up a playdate with a girl in my class I didn't know that well. She showed me neopets and we ended up just playing neo the whole time I was at her house.

We never did become friends but I just kept on playing neo on my own for years.

Probably been 15 years since I've seen her, wow!

(you need an account to see links)

Thank you to Monsters for this beautiful gif. <3 (It died with tinypic, press F)
    @Andrew 15!!!!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I saw someone playing Neopets at my public library and I was like �that game looks fun�

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I saw an ad for it through a site I used to frequent I believe it might have been an ad on Dragoncave...which I also still use now and again.
    Either way I signed up like 14 years ago, my original account got frozen as I had foolishly given away my log in details to a site claiming to give paintbrushes or some such. And thus it was frozen for being scammed and unfrozen then frozen again. Very sad to lose it, but I had other accounts at the time so I started using those and my first account is long since purged. I recall it having a pink poogle. But that's about it. Back before the revamp.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I came back from the cinema, I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix? Is that the movie where cho Chang kisses Harry? Anyway, went to see that. Returned home. I wanted a real pet, my mom was like UGH NO NO ANIMALS HERE, so idk why I googled pet? Or something like that and neopets was the first thing that appeared and yes... I created a blue Acara named Cho Chang lol