15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    This one and Saber came to my mind , but then he was the most funny Excalibur ever exist he only talk trash non stop xD

-Edited-
    There is one more from fire force xD
    ill have to search that up cause i have no idea who that is. thanks for informing me on it.!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    I haven't ever been to Medieval times, or any other sort of Ren faire, actually! I have been to some King Aurthur-esque castle ruin places in England, which was lovely. I was thinking it was written around then, but I would not have come up with Geoffrey of Monmouth. I've read quite a bit of classical British literature, and I'm amazed at how well established these tales were, even 300 years later, considering the printing press wasn't around yet. I just double checked that date, and apparently it was 1448? Earlier than I thought!

Thanks for the heads up too, about the anime.
    youre gonna have to educate me on this alot more.! i love the tales of the knights and the sword but i never delved too deep into it. thank you! i better learn my history some more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

KJiU (06-20-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    216d 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    youre gonna have to educate me on this alot more.! i love the tales of the knights and the sword but i never delved too deep into it. thank you! i better learn my history some more.
    I took a Renaissance Lit class once. Most of went way above my head, but I enjoyed it. I'm mostly reminded of films that have round table components to them - King Arthur, Monty Python, Princess Bride in some ways, that sort of thing. Pulling the sword out of the stone is a quintessential trope in film and literature alike!

As per the locations, of course it's all rumors since the story was made up. (Even now I find myself Googling, just in case, "Was King Arthur a real person?" and the answer is, we don't really know.) Tintagel in England is a stunning trip. It's on the Southwest coast, castle on a cliff type motif. I didn't get the best photos when I went since the rain was pouring and the fog was thick, but I loved it nonetheless. The English Heritage website (you need an account to see links) has some great info on who lived there, built the castle, and other historical information.

Another location is Glastonbury Abbey, also in South England but not as far West. The area is said to be Avalon. It's quite the experience to walk in old castle ruins, no roof, no windows, just immense segments of walls that have stood for over 1000 years. The stone masonry of that era is incredible.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    When I returned to clraik I already had an account that I had made years ago to lurk. But the username was somewhat identifiable so when I returned I didn't want to be posting with that username. So I was like "oh I'll just make a new account and post from that one"...I learned that's against the rules and got a warning But I wanted to get VIP anyway and found out you can pick a different username with VIP I just got that and had to think of something quick off the dome so I could change it and post. So it was kind of like an "I love...lamp" scenario where I just looked around the room and typed the first word that came to mind and wasn't identifiable to accounts etc. elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NTYGLT View Post
    I sought out Clraik after having a horrible time on the PC trading.. kept getting no thanks, good luck trading
    It got to the point of it being such a pain, every time I saw it I gave an eye roll.
    So therefore when joining, and starting to cheat the name NTYGLT became hilarious
    Your username and @(you need an account to see links) always make me snort a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    Well, back in 2013, I started out with a username "Funn" with a sugar glider avatar because it honestly was the first word I thought of at the time when I registered haha. It was right after Tony PP froze my legit main account, and I had heard of ck before, so I joined.

After a while, I changed my username to "Brittany" because that's my name, and now I'm at "Buizel" because well:

I remember when it was "Brittany" and I thought that was so boss to have just your first name no frills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    For me, when I first registered back in 2015, I was previously known as 'BisexualDolphin' and how I came up with that name was 'Bisexual' was when I was first coming to terms with my sexuality and accepting of myself as a person, and Dolphin, well... to be quite honest I can't exactly remember why or how I chose that specific animal. All I do know is after returning to the forum and being more active, I sure did get a few messages from people saying that my UN made them laugh/put a smile on their face. ^^

Now with Kon, I've always wanted to have a short UN and well, Bleach was one of the first animes that I watched when I was younger and Kon was such an interesting character. When I was younger, I was so into Bleach that I had even changed my Myspace profile to 'Bleach/Ichigo' themed. Of course I grew out of that as I got older, and coming full circle, being able to have a short UN with a character from the first anime I watched just felt very fitting.
    Wow I'm just now learning that you're the same person as BisexualDolphin!!

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    I love birds.... especially pigeons

My name used to be Columbidae- the scientific name for pigeons x)
    I was so proud of myself for knowing you were Columbidae from recognizing the family name.
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Buizel (06-20-2023),DarkSkies (06-20-2023),Excalibur (06-21-2023),Ice (06-20-2023),Kon (06-21-2023),Pidgey (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    175 times
    Time Online
    244d 9h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch a fish View Post
    MY UN came from that episode of The inbetweeners where Neil punches a fish.
    i love it that your UN and your picture relates to each other somewhat. that does look like a fish that got punched. lmao

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    I don't actually like G.O.T. except for the dragons and that one guy with the burnt face. I think I stopped watching it while I was also in the middle of playing Spyro, one of my favorite games. So I just made this name and kept it ever since. Also, dragon pokemon are cool too. and I have a flamethrower irl cuz I'm a northerner that hates being inconvenienced by snow and ice.
    one time i saw your username and was inspired to watch a youtube video supercut of everytime Danerys says Dracarys, and i've only seen like five episodes of that show so I didn't know what was going on but I felt pumped up by the end lol. Don't we have a Danerys here also?
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

9. The Following User Says Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    53d 2h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    When I returned to clraik I already had an account that I had made years ago to lurk. But the username was somewhat identifiable so when I returned I didn't want to be posting with that username. So I was like "oh I'll just make a new account and post from that one"...I learned that's against the rules and got a warning But I wanted to get VIP anyway and found out you can pick a different username with VIP I just got that and had to think of something quick off the dome so I could change it and post. So it was kind of like an "I love...lamp" scenario where I just looked around the room and typed the first word that came to mind and wasn't identifiable to accounts etc. elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I'm just now learning that you're the same person as BisexualDolphin!!
    Hi hi! That's me!
    I also named my Ryu somewhat similar to my previous name by doing 'BiDo'
    Not too sure if anyone noticed that, but that's an 'easter egg' if you want to call it that.
    Kind of one of those things that if you saw me around as 'BisexualDolphin' and then now see me as Kon and hovered over my Ryu's name, maybe you could make the connection.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kon For This Useful Post:

howdy (06-21-2023),Lyrichord (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    A addon story of a witness lol xD :

One fine day, BisexualDolphin has stumble across the Void portal while roaming around in cK. After donkey years of attempt he manage to open the portal and then enters the void which leads him to a new place which he realized it was the "Soul Soceity". At that place he undergo training to become a shinigami and then he came back as a "Konpachi" , thats when the story ended.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (06-21-2023),Excalibur (06-21-2023),Lyrichord (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    it was a button mash bc i thought i'd only join to lurk... turns out i love it here but i haven't thought of a good UN to switch to hahahahha
    you can call me pix

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pppp3 For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (06-21-2023),Excalibur (06-21-2023),Ice (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) fantastic memories with your Fire theme!! That was epic. 🔥🧊

@(you need an account to see links): Love seeing another Tolkien fan here! I don't know of many people who would go for Smaug as their favorite. Tolkien really gave him a wonderfully full personality and fleshed his character out!

Personally I was trying to come up with something unique. I went for a music theme: lyre + chord. Then there's the Lyra constellation based on the instrument. I short-form my username to Lyra because of it. I'm not into astrology - I just enjoy music and the night sky!
    @(you need an account to see links) do you play music too?!

- - - Updated - - -

i love your username because of all the Haudis i find lol and then theres country patrick and country spongebob

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

howdy (06-23-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 23h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by pppp3 View Post
    it was a button mash bc i thought i'd only join to lurk... turns out i love it here but i haven't thought of a good UN to switch to hahahahha
    I think you eventually will land onto something Pi, there's no rush. Also Pokemon names seems to be a trend

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3