Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by juliamps View Post
    Autistic adhd here! Late diagnosis and teenager years were hell for me, but neopets was a great escape.
    Now that I'm jobless I hyperfocus on getting game avatars and finding names I want, but I'm normally a better person and front end developer.
    Completely agree! I'm 25 and freshly diagnosed. Teenage years were terrible, burnt out gifted kid kinda vibes. My current hyperfocus is gaming, and pokemon cards.

As a fresh update for me, I have an appt with my doctor to discuss meds and she is all for it! I can't wait I'm looking forward to exploring my options and understanding myself better

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinx For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    71/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    7d 18h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I wasn't diagnosed with any mental health disorders until I took myself to a psychiatrist at 19. I've been diagnosed with ADHD, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, OCD, PTSD/CPTSD, and I'm 99% sure I'm on the autism spectrum but there are no local providers who do testing on adults. I will say I still feel a lot of anger towards my mom and ex stepdad (dad wasn't in the picture) for not taking me in as a child. The depression, anxiety, and ADHD couldn't have been more obvious and I imagine my life would've turned out a lot differently with help and support. It's been 9 years since I was diagnosed and it's honestly all still a struggle for me. I still see a psych provider and therapist regularly but it often feels like a losing battle trying to heal wounds that I don't feel can be healed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmg For This Useful Post:

Kisses (12-24-2023),♥ Shinx ♥ (12-21-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    I wasn't diagnosed with any mental health disorders until I took myself to a psychiatrist at 19. I've been diagnosed with ADHD, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, OCD, PTSD/CPTSD, and I'm 99% sure I'm on the autism spectrum but there are no local providers who do testing on adults. I will say I still feel a lot of anger towards my mom and ex stepdad (dad wasn't in the picture) for not taking me in as a child. The depression, anxiety, and ADHD couldn't have been more obvious and I imagine my life would've turned out a lot differently with help and support. It's been 9 years since I was diagnosed and it's honestly all still a struggle for me. I still see a psych provider and therapist regularly but it often feels like a losing battle trying to heal wounds that I don't feel can be healed.
    I completely understand, I've been going through a bit of a grief process with it, wishing I was noticed as a kid. My siblings have a variety of mental health issues, very severe and I was highly functioning as a child so they just left me be while they worried about my siblings, if they'd noticed I was struggling maybe I could have been seen too, but I wasn't. It's hard to process and feel love towards those closest when they didn't seem to care. I'm working on going to a therapist, I just haven't found the strength to do it yet.

As a bit of an update, my GP is happy for me to start ADHD medication and work through that, she then said we can address anxiety medication down the road but she wants to tackle one thing at a time that way we can rule any side effects out of only being the one med.

Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinx For This Useful Post:

jmg (12-26-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I’m currently getting tested for ADHD

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woowers For This Useful Post:

Kibba (12-26-2023),Kisses (12-24-2023),♥ Shinx ♥ (01-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    71/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    7d 18h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by NTYGLT View Post
    I completely understand, I've been going through a bit of a grief process with it, wishing I was noticed as a kid. My siblings have a variety of mental health issues, very severe and I was highly functioning as a child so they just left me be while they worried about my siblings, if they'd noticed I was struggling maybe I could have been seen too, but I wasn't. It's hard to process and feel love towards those closest when they didn't seem to care. I'm working on going to a therapist, I just haven't found the strength to do it yet.

As a bit of an update, my GP is happy for me to start ADHD medication and work through that, she then said we can address anxiety medication down the road but she wants to tackle one thing at a time that way we can rule any side effects out of only being the one med.
    I went through a similar thing where my brother also had ADHD and he was diagnosed and put on meds in elementary school

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jmg For This Useful Post:

♥ Shinx ♥ (12-26-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Update: I got prescribed Ritalin today and I start tomorrow!
    Nervous/ excited for what this will mean and bring to improving my lift and will slowly work on dosage with my GP

You all are amazing <3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinx For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Hello lovelies,
    I finally want to get tested for ADHD, that was my resolution for 2024.
    The background to this is that my daughter aged 13 was tested last year and my second daughter aged 9 is currently being tested.
    And what can I say, I see so many parallels to them and to me.
    When I have the interview with the psychologist for my daughter soon, I would like to ask for addresses where you can get tested as an adult. Because my daughters go to a clinic that specializes in children and adolescents.
    I am 41 years old and it would finally make sense.
    My professional, social, financial and household problems that I have and that sometimes hinder me more and sometimes less in my everyday life.
    Unfortunately, my husband is not enthusiastic, he still thinks it's hocus-pocus, even though both his daughters are affected. Yes, it's not always easy with him, but that's another story.
    I'm excited and nervous, but I'll be happy to post updates here as things progress.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sneasel For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-23-2024),kittyray (01-23-2024),Peaches_and_Mocha (01-29-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
    Sorry if this isn't allowed in here, please move to spam if not!

I'd love to hear experiences from Neurodivergent people on here, today I received my official diagnosis of ADHD, autism, and anxiety. It was very eye-opening and not sure how I'm processing it, feeling a bit numb, Would love to hear other's experiences of their journey!
    oooo I knew there was something about you! Us neurodivergent folk stick together like magnets lol. It's a tough start getting used to the medication, but I think you'll find yourself happier overall. A lot of opportunities open up for you when you have a diagnosis. Congratulations on getting one!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel View Post
    Hello lovelies,
    The background to this is that my daughter aged 13 was tested last year and my second daughter aged 9 is currently being tested.
    When I have the interview with the psychologist for my daughter soon, I would like to ask for addresses where you can get tested as an adult. Because my daughters go to a clinic that specializes in children and adolescents.
    My professional, social, financial and household problems that I have and that sometimes hinder me more and sometimes less in my everyday life.
    Unfortunately, my husband is not enthusiastic, he still thinks it's hocus-pocus, even though both his daughters are affected. Yes, it's not always easy with him, but that's another story.
    I'm excited and nervous, but I'll be happy to post updates here as things progress.
    Thank you for doing this for your children. I wish my parents did that for me when I was a kid. You will make their school life so much easier
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Check out my Guide!✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Peaches_and_Mocha For This Useful Post:

♥ Shinx ♥ (01-29-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel View Post
    Hello lovelies,
    This is awesome! I would say that getting tested would give you validation for how you feel, and also it will help understanding the kids a bit too maybe?
    My mum just got diagnosed after me (she's 46 I'm 26) and we have grown a lot closer!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches_and_Mocha View Post
    oooo I knew there was something about you! Us neurodivergent folk stick together like magnets lol. It's a tough start getting used to the medication, but I think you'll find yourself happier overall. A lot of opportunities open up for you when you have a diagnosis. Congratulations on getting one!
    I'm just a neuro spicy jalapeno lol

You all are amazing <3

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinx For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-29-2024),Peaches_and_Mocha (01-30-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I have an official ADHD diagnosis, but my therapist and psychiatrist seem to disagree on it for some reason. Either way, I'm on a stimulant that I'm happy with, after multiple attempts.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-29-2024),♥ Shinx ♥ (01-29-2024)