7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Id be 100% on board with that! Even the added twist of another av or something as you complete multiple weeks, etc. that would give motivation for people to keep logging in and being active. Or maybe even like a prize shop instead of the daily/weekly rewards. NEW items in the shop that are not easy to get. A challenge. Maybe a sweet bd weapon when you complete a years worth of weekly quests. I’d love to see something that takes dedication and effort that rewards people with something cool rather than an item everyone gets that’s reduced to junk.

As I’m typing this up I’m getting so many spin off ideas, probably none of which will come anywhere close to what we actually get from TNT haha
    I like this a lot.

I've enjoyed the chaos of people being excited to get formerly rare things but honestly I feel like it should be a rarer chance - giving out a couple of high value items in the advent calendar and giving people a relatively small chance of getting something excellent via the recycling caps is a good sweet spot for me.

Devaluing either: just this one group of items if the prize pool stays the same or all rare items over time in such a major way is less fun, especially when the novelty wears off. I don't say this as a rich player - I just recently won my first ever 100 mil + item on the recycling caps and currently I can't sell for anywhere close to its former value as people don't trust that rare items won't just be thrown into the quest pool.

I'd like to see a sweet spot where you can win some neat new and *useful* items - so instead of totally devaluing paintbrushes, one item you could have a chance to win would be a one use, no-trade colour changer. Maybe completing all quests for a month wins you one of a choice of capsules: one capsule has a random R96 - r99, one has a random retired prize, one has a rainbow fountain visit, one has a chance at an avatar, one will give you a random monthly boon, like the obelisk boons etc, one will give out a random retired NC item.

That would make it:
    • a little more work to get
    • keep people playing for longer rather than just rerolling prizes
    • still release the occasional r99 and ultra rare retired item but on a *much* slower and more gentle basis, so items would very gradually become a little more attainable but would still require work to achieve.
    • keep the prizes exciting without having to reroll the prize pool and devalue everything.

I'd also like to see a lot more interesting quests than the current 6(?) options. It's just dull.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-08-2023),myonlyappeal (11-12-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    I like this a lot.

I've enjoyed the chaos of people being excited to get formerly rare things but honestly I feel like it should be a rarer chance - giving out a couple of high value items in the advent calendar and giving people a relatively small chance of getting something excellent via the recycling caps is a good sweet spot for me.

Devaluing either: just this one group of items if the prize pool stays the same or all rare items over time in such a major way is less fun, especially when the novelty wears off. I don't say this as a rich player - I just recently won my first ever 100 mil + item on the recycling caps and currently I can't sell for anywhere close to its former value as people don't trust that rare items won't just be thrown into the quest pool.

I'd like to see a sweet spot where you can win some neat new and *useful* items - so instead of totally devaluing paintbrushes, one item you could have a chance to win would be a one use, no-trade colour changer. Maybe completing all quests for a month wins you one of a choice of capsules: one capsule has a random R96 - r99, one has a random retired prize, one has a rainbow fountain visit, one has a chance at an avatar, one will give you a random monthly boon, like the obelisk boons etc, one will give out a random retired NC item.

That would make it:
    • still release the occasional r99 and ultra rare retired item but on a *much* slower and more gentle basis, so items would very gradually become a little more attainable but would still require work to achieve.
    • keep the prizes exciting without having to reroll the prize pool and devalue everything.

I'd also like to see a lot more interesting quests than the current 6(?) options. It's just dull.

I don't have a problem with deflating paintbrushes because people will use them and they'll disappear. Lots of people want to paint their pets. Unlike a stamp which goes into your album once, people have a lot of neopets and will use lots and lots of paint brushes, maybe even the same one multiple times. The Candy Paint Brush in the prize pool is still unbuyable for instance.

I do think they should rotate which paint brush is in the prize pool, or have all of them in the pool at the same time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aymo For This Useful Post:

myonlyappeal (11-12-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    77 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    I like this a lot.

That would make it:

Yeah, definitely hope that they add more quests to do, preferably ones that coincide with other daily activities that people already do like collecting bank interest, battledome, heck even lab ray if the user has that unlocked.

One system I can think of would be a sort of exp and tier system that rewards users for consistently doing the dailies, where as you do your dailies and weeklies you accumulate exp to level up in questing tiers which in turn affect the rarity of the rewards you get. If you skip your quests or miss a day, you don't get punished for it, rather it just delays your leveling. And maybe reset the questing tier yearly or after an x amount of time so that everyone starts over from the beginning again. I don't necessarily want to grind years for an ultra rare item, but I do think it makes it feel more rewarding when you are able to achieve something after putting in an amount of effort, so I think this would be a nice middle ground for myself. (If we want to get really into it, they could totally make it akin to a "battle pass season" where the final reward for that "season" is just whatever the super rare item is for that duration)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Furina For This Useful Post:

Halloqueenie (11-08-2023),myonlyappeal (11-12-2023)

Pronouns
    1/0
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Everyone is having a lot of great ideas. If only the new ambassadors will actually do some research lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Furina View Post
    Yeah, definitely hope that they add more quests to do, preferably ones that coincide with other daily activities that people already do like collecting bank interest, battledome, heck even lab ray if the user has that unlocked.

One system I can think of would be a sort of exp and tier system that rewards users for consistently doing the dailies, where as you do your dailies and weeklies you accumulate exp to level up in questing tiers which in turn affect the rarity of the rewards you get. If you skip your quests or miss a day, you don't get punished for it, rather it just delays your leveling. And maybe reset the questing tier yearly or after an x amount of time so that everyone starts over from the beginning again. I don't necessarily want to grind years for an ultra rare item, but I do think it makes it feel more rewarding when you are able to achieve something after putting in an amount of effort, so I think this would be a nice middle ground for myself. (If we want to get really into it, they could totally make it akin to a "battle pass season" where the final reward for that "season" is just whatever the super rare item is for that duration)
    I must admit that I HATE season passes and all their variants, but this one... I can actually see myself doing it.

I love the idea of the xp rather than days. Like... come on, people don't play every single day. And if you don't, you get punished by resetting progress. Really?
    Having the user do it at their own pace is better than forcing them to do chores.

However that sort of mechanic gives room for the "premium" season pass ultra enhancer of dumping cash into the site for whatever boon, extra xp, rarer item chance or whatever. Making it a Pay 2 win scenario.

Hopefully TNT learn something from this and make the right choices going forward.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Null_user For This Useful Post:

charmed (11-21-2023),Furina (11-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thanks for info on how to change the weekly prizes! My mom keeps getting the worst luck with these things, so she's excited to try and change hers.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    121/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    13d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I'm also having the worst luck. All I get are plushies or repeated soup faerie dolls

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I had to keep resetting, but finallyyyy got a Krawk!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    130 times
    Time Online
    138d 5h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    At this point, I just want more variety in tasks. It's odd that playing with your pet isn't included from the get-go.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This is a pretty good idea, got a paintbrush first try. The prices have really crashed since the last time I checked, I don't hate that tho

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 13h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    So, I've kind of given up with these.
    I keep getting reset at some point on my weekly because it just glitches out.
    I just have no motivation to actually start because on day 5 or something it just resets for no reason.
    Everything I get these days anyway hovers around the 1m mark so I just decide that it's not even worth the effort :\