Mentioned
    122 times
    Time Online
    116d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    This game is consuming my life

Thank you to carrottea for the lovely userbar

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My name is Yoshikage Kira For This Useful Post:

Furina (03-18-2021),Mario2302 (03-18-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 7h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    them reviews go out daily as they should slowbro not hoping for much change though

currently not actively playing actually. logging in daily still but not even doing all daily quests each day as i don't have the time/energy atm.

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've been playing Genshin quite a lot since release. Looking forward to Eula, going to start saving my primogems for her.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwiron For This Useful Post:

Furina (03-18-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 7h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    i'm like really bad with he saving primogems part :p

Ruygi
    Endlessly indebted to (you need an account to see links) for this cute adoptable and Ruygi and mario on my avatar!!
    Forever thanking (you need an account to see links) for the tweaked background and custom userbar on my profile
    Perpetual gratitude to (you need an account to see links) for the custom "super mario 1 up" userbar on my avatar
    In ultimate awe of (you need an account to see links)animation and art skill on my current avatar background, the animated
    super mario custom userbar and tying it together with the one from (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    77 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Haha yeah, I always have a trigger finger to pull for units despite me telling myself i haven’t even geared most of my other ones!

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    247d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    I do not play Genshin but saw Hu Tao and loved her design

Pls gimme reasons to let me be consumed by this game

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clefairy For This Useful Post:

Furina (03-19-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    6d 22h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    pulled venti! time to hit up spiral abyss and finally clear properly

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    407 times
    Time Online
    122d 7h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Omg, gratz you ftp or not?

Ruygi

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    77 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clefairy View Post
    I do not play Genshin but saw Hu Tao and loved her design

Pls gimme reasons to let me be consumed by this game
    I do like the game but it does have it's flaws. I'll try to give you an honest review of it

It's an open-world game and one of the biggest time sinks you can imagine, if you choose to let it be. There is gacha system which in my opinion is already a major downside. No guarantee you will get what you want without investing hundreds of dollars (there's a "pity" system that garuntees you get an SSR after X amount of rolls, but you might still need to spend money if you want to get that right away). I do not recommend playing this game if you don't have impulse control. The gacha system is VERY dangerous and predatory. You can still hit pity as a free to play player, though. It's possible to never spend and accumulate the gacha currency just by playing the game and doing quests, but that obviously takes a longer time. Despite having to roll the gacha for characters though, the characters themselves are nicely designed. There are over two dozen characters with unique personalities, voice acting, backstories, and playstyles.

The core gameplay to me is very reminiscent of Breath of the Wild. Combat is fluid and flowing, with fairly rapid attacks and agile characters. Each character has three combat moves – a basic attack, an elemental skill, and an elemental burst (which is like a super move). There are five weapons – polearms, swords, claymores, bows, bows and catalysts. Each suggests a different playstyle, with different characters further changing how they play. The game is set in a third-person open-world, with four different characters to play with. It is possible to control four characters, and switch between them during combat. A really cool and important aspect of the combat system is the way that various elements can interact. If two elements are applied to the same enemy, then an elemental reaction occurs. These can deal extra damage, send enemies flying, generate shields, or spread effects to other enemies.

The problem that seems to come up a lot is that in order to play certain dungeons, you need different units and teams built. This is where the grind comes in. You need to gear all of your units to really bring out their full potential, but the problem is that gear progression is basically locked behind a stamina system. In order to obtain loot from dungeons, you need to use "resin" which is their equivalent of stamina. The resin system gives you about 180 resin a day, or about 7.5 per hour. Because it takes several weeks of grinding to power up a new character, you are forced to focus on only a small number of characters so that they can actually complete the content – if you spread out your focus too much, you end up with a bunch of under powered characters who can’t progress in the game.

A lot of people have complained about it being a grind, and while that is true, I believe for a more casual player who doesn't want to just rush through everything, they can find enjoyment in just exploring and slowly leveling/building their characters at their own pace. There's really no competitive aspect to the game, so you shouldn't be pressured to hard level and grind gear.

Despite it's flaws, I just think it's a nice game to open up and play whenever your feel like it. I think the story and lore alone is great, and like I said, if you are taking things slow and easy, you shouldn't run out of content to do.
    Last edited by Furina; 03-19-2021 at 11:19 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Furina For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (03-19-2021),Mario2302 (03-19-2021)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    247d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rize View Post
    I do like the game but it does have it's flaws. I'll try to give you an honest review of it

It's an open-world game and one of the biggest time sinks you can imagine, if you choose to let it be. There is gacha system which in my opinion is already a major downside. No guarantee you will get what you want without investing hundreds of dollars (there's a "pity" system that garuntees you get an SSR after X amount of rolls, but you might still need to spend money if you want to get that right away). I do not recommend playing this game if you don't have impulse control. The gacha system is VERY dangerous and predatory. You can still hit pity as a free to play player, though. It's possible to never spend and accumulate the gacha currency just by playing the game and doing quests, but that obviously takes a longer time. Despite having to roll the gacha for characters though, the characters themselves are nicely designed. There are over two dozen characters with unique personalities, voice acting, backstories, and playstyles.

The core gameplay to me is very reminiscent of Breath of the Wild. Combat is fluid and flowing, with fairly rapid attacks and agile characters. Each character has three combat moves – a basic attack, an elemental skill, and an elemental burst (which is like a super move). There are five weapons – polearms, swords, claymores, bows, bows and catalysts. Each suggests a different playstyle, with different characters further changing how they play. The game is set in a third-person open-world, with four different characters to play with. It is possible to control four characters, and switch between them during combat. A really cool and important aspect of the combat system is the way that various elements can interact. If two elements are applied to the same enemy, then an elemental reaction occurs. These can deal extra damage, send enemies flying, generate shields, or spread effects to other enemies.

The problem that seems to come up a lot is that in order to play certain dungeons, you need different units and teams built. This is where the grind comes in. You need to gear all of your units to really bring out their full potential, but the problem is that gear progression is basically locked behind a stamina system. In order to obtain loot from dungeons, you need to use "resin" which is their equivalent of stamina. The resin system gives you about 180 resin a day, or about 7.5 per hour. Because it takes several weeks of grinding to power up a new character, you are forced to focus on only a small number of characters so that they can actually complete the content – if you spread out your focus too much, you end up with a bunch of under powered characters who can’t progress in the game.

A lot of people have complained about it being a grind, and while that is true, I believe for a more casual player who doesn't want to just rush through everything, they can find enjoyment in just exploring and slowly leveling/building their characters at their own pace. There's really no competitive aspect to the game, so you shouldn't be pressured to hard level and grind gear.

Despite it's flaws, I just think it's a nice game to open up and play whenever your feel like it. I think the story and lore alone is great, and like I said, if you are taking things slow and easy, you shouldn't run out of content to do.
    I question my control, but it sounds nice as I'm mostly a casual player now that I don't have time.

Thank you!

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez