Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by siryummy View Post
    PC is a hell hole where people constantly say can I consider and then never actually get back to anyone
    This really is frustrating. I tend to get my hopes up (of my own fault) and just wait for a neomail that's never coming lol.

• ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • 

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (08-23-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    Quote Originally Posted by siryummy View Post
    PC is a hell hole where people constantly say can I consider and then never actually get back to anyone
    I feel like this one is more just factually true rather than an unpop opinion sigh
    These days I just get my pets here through ck c:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

chii3d (08-24-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    @(you need an account to see links) I loved reading your hot takes thank you that was very enjoyable.

My hot take:
    People on the boards go so far out of their way to seem like they're being nice and polite that it comes across as very fake and passive aggressive. There's some user I forget their name but their sig has the ace flag in it and I love when they step out of this line and say super blunt things on the PC.

Also I agree that the PC is a hellhole, but for me it's mostly because of the people who post seeking really high-value pets for their garbage ones, and/or offer their garbage pets on one that is very obviously worth more. And then get butthurt when they get a curt "nty glt"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Hulante (08-25-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by mae17b View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I loved reading your hot takes thank you that was very enjoyable.

My hot take:
    People on the boards go so far out of their way to seem like they're being nice and polite that it comes across as very fake and passive aggressive. There's some user I forget their name but their sig has the ace flag in it and I love when they step out of this line and say super blunt things on the PC.

Also I agree that the PC is a hellhole, but for me it's mostly because of the people who post seeking really high-value pets for their garbage ones, and/or offer their garbage pets on one that is very obviously worth more. And then get butthurt when they get a curt "nty glt"
    I'll be honest, I'm super nice to a fault probably lol but people can be so petty and report for no reason so I try not to give anyone a reason to spite me. Kinda exhausting having my mindset, though.

• ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • ♡ • 

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Hulante (08-25-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    Kinda exhausting having my mindset, though.
    I'm not mean per se but I'm pretty unfiltered and blunt and sometimes people get offended whoops
    just Sagittarius things

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

♥ AmandaBynes ♥ (09-18-2022),dustyc (08-24-2022),hearts (08-24-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    All NC items should be allowed to be bought and sold for NP.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Effektivv For This Useful Post:

Autobot (08-24-2022),goodnightmoon (08-24-2022),Orbit (08-25-2022),Politoed (09-01-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    14h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by mae17b View Post

My hot take:

Neopets is the grand-daddy of iron fist moderation. I remember a lot of people quitting the site when years of hard work were erased because they typed "grape" on the neoboards. Now if you're even a little rude to someone they can brigade your account with support tickets and Alice will hunt night & day for a reason to freeze you. I would say people really need to relax and let others speak but that's not a very unpopular opinion. Lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gooblah For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (09-08-2022),Orbit (08-25-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooblah View Post
    Neopets is the grand-daddy of iron fist moderation. I remember a lot of people quitting the site when years of hard work were erased because they typed "grape" on the neoboards. Now if you're even a little rude to someone they can brigade your account with support tickets and Alice will hunt night & day for a reason to freeze you. I would say people really need to relax and let others speak but that's not a very unpopular opinion. Lol
    Interesting perspective! I hadn't thought about it like this but that's a really good point. It's also an interesting dynamic how the users uphold the culture of "iron fist moderation". I wonder why, maybe because it's where they can revert to their childhood and they don't want any unpleasantness tainting that fantasy world. The words you can't type are pretty funny though, it's like I wasn't thinking about cum until I had to figure out that that was part of an unrelated word I was typing but now I am thinking about it, thanks neopets

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    8d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulante View Post
    My opinions will probably expose who I am, but whatever.

[list][*]The userbase as a whole really has no right to complain about conversion. I remember clearly how often the ability to dress up pets was requested, demanded, despite repeated warnings by TNT. I'm not even talking about how much I like customization personally (even though I do). You're the ones who ran the stop signs, so stop acting so surprised that you got T-boned.
    "Hey guys - we got requests for dressing up pets. It's going to be challenging to implement this through old designs. Convert your pet if you'd like to; if you don't care to play dress-up and/or if you prefer the old design over the prospect of playing dress-up, do not convert your pet."

There, simple. Why'd they have to ugly up pets unnecessarily? lmao

My unpopular opinion is I don't consider any converted pet a Neopet - they're design victims living as refugees on the site.
    Last edited by Trump 2016; 09-01-2022 at 01:52 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trump 2016 For This Useful Post:

bootiesrus (09-02-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Skeith are.... ....the maraquans Skeith are cute.
    (I agree with this, the robot ogrin are BADASS)