47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
    What do you think the point of this would be? It would make so much more sense to have 20 pseudonyms being used by only two people. Why make your customer support team look so small?
    I don't know exactly what the point is, but I concur with the assertion these names are pseudonyms 100%.

I have legitimately had the "same" person give me absolutely, 180 degree change, contradictory information within the same ticket.

Maybe it's a bid to make the team look small and personal, like a "family."

Maybe it's just the way things have always been and nobody at Netdragon wanted to change it.

But the odds of the exact same 3-4 people working the exact same job for, in some cases going on 20 years, at a company that has had the roller coaster ride Neopets has? I just don't see it. No, it isn't impossible, but the likelihood is really low.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

appleholic (06-02-2019),Bill (06-01-2019),Corliss (06-01-2019),MadameNova (06-11-2019),Malarkey (06-03-2019),Sakuras (06-01-2019),tribbianitribble (06-04-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    clearly hes doing something within reason in the company. hes been doing this for years, even before netdragon or whatever. hes a jerk about it but hes getting shit done, why would they fire him if hes getting results.

on the same vein that we are paying customers no matter how shitty, hes a good employee no matter how rude.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 15h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySarcastic View Post
    I don't know exactly what the point is, but I concur with the assertion these names are pseudonyms 100%.

I have legitimately had the "same" person give me absolutely, 180 degree change, contradictory information within the same ticket.

Maybe it's a bid to make the team look small and personal, like a "family."

Maybe it's just the way things have always been and nobody at Netdragon wanted to change it.

But the odds of the exact same 3-4 people working the exact same job for, in some cases going on 20 years, at a company that has had the roller coaster ride Neopets has? I just don't see it. No, it isn't impossible, but the likelihood is really low.
    Basically this -- from all the complaints I've observed over multiple years, it seems like the people handling tickets act inconsistently and unlike actual humans/individuals. I also think that it's highly unlikely the same people have remained at Neopets for so many years when they got rid of a large amount of highly valuable staff members in that same period. Also, using pseudonyms makes sense from a personal safety perspective too -- you know you're going to handle a lot of hate, so using your real name has no value - in fact, it's a negative. Why so few? It's possible that once they referred to real people, back when Neopets was small, and then new staff just used their names afterwards. It could just be laziness.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

Bill (06-01-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (06-01-2019),Sakuras (06-01-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    21d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Tony P is no rogue. Neopets always took cheating seriously, like really seriously.
    From Snarkie's AMA on her website:

You can feel the oozing pride in how anal they are about this kind of stuff. If anything they (old TNT) encouraged him to be ruthless. There's no incentive for him to let up when his behavior is what probably got him high praise to begin with.

JS probably got told that Tony is like the glue that holds Neopets together or some shit and they just believe it. They won't take complaints seriously, because when you're accused of cheating, you lose all credibility. All they see at that point is sour grapes over being caught trying to cheat them out of their money.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sugar Rush For This Useful Post:

Fiore (06-01-2019),GloomGloom (06-15-2019),Hazem (06-02-2019),♥ LibraryFaerie ♥ (06-12-2019),MadameNova (06-11-2019),ProblematicPeriwinklePlum (06-01-2019),Psellia (06-02-2019),Sakuras (06-01-2019),team rocket (06-03-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Rush View Post
    Tony P is no rogue. Neopets always took cheating seriously, like really seriously.
    From Snarkie's AMA on her website:

You can feel the oozing pride in how anal they are about this kind of stuff. If anything they (old TNT) encouraged him to be ruthless. There's no incentive for him to let up when his behavior is what probably got him high praise to begin with.

JS probably got told that Tony is like the glue that holds Neopets together or some shit and they just believe it. They won't take complaints seriously, because when you're accused of cheating, you lose all credibility. All they see at that point is sour grapes over being caught trying to cheat them out of their money.
    There's a certain perverse pride people get when they're in charge of a bunch of children. I was ESPECIALLY able to see this with Minecraft server mods. On one hand they act so #blessed to be part of their "community", but the degree to which they'll act to save face for a bunch of 8 year olds is frankly staggering. Like they just take their job wayyyyy too seriously. Even if the job involves protecting other people's countless hours of play which I'm totally for, there's two ways to handle it: like a bureaucrat, or a fake crusader for some sort of internet justice.

And time and time again, it seems like the TNT staff fit the latter rather than the former. It makes it worse that everyone left in the playerbase are adults. We're not children Tony P., so don't treat us like we are.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serpent Rider For This Useful Post:

Erik. (06-02-2019),MadameNova (06-11-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (06-03-2019),team rocket (06-03-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 14h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    He probably told David Lord to take care!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to neopetter For This Useful Post:

Fiore (06-02-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
    There's a certain perverse pride people get when they're in charge of a bunch of children. I was ESPECIALLY able to see this with Minecraft server mods. On one hand they act so #blessed to be part of their "community", but the degree to which they'll act to save face for a bunch of 8 year olds is frankly staggering. Like they just take their job wayyyyy too seriously. Even if the job involves protecting other people's countless hours of play which I'm totally for, there's two ways to handle it: like a bureaucrat, or a fake crusader for some sort of internet justice.

And time and time again, it seems like the TNT staff fit the latter rather than the former. It makes it worse that everyone left in the playerbase are adults. We're not children Tony P., so don't treat us like we are.
    i think tnt is aware neopets users are mostly adults, but if im being honestly tbh Truthful, ive seen some behaviour on this site towards tony and on neopets generally that deserves being treated like a child.

not to mention that cheating is like, fundamentally, objectively wrong. i think some people forget that. if a customer comes into your store and starts knocking shit over and breaking things and stealing what they dont ruin, then 2 days later came to your shop begging you to be let in, would you be cool about it?

idk man i just dont think tony p is the devil some people make him out to be. ive dealt with him and he was vaguely kind of sort of rude but again ive seen some of the attitude people here give him for the mildest transgressions and i could hardly blame him for being tired as hell. maybe working in customer service in a city of worstcunts has made me more sympathetic.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (06-02-2019),tribbianitribble (06-04-2019),wubbalubbadubdub (06-02-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Osomatsu View Post
    i think tnt is aware neopets users are mostly adults, but if im being honestly tbh Truthful, ive seen some behaviour on this site towards tony and on neopets generally that deserves being treated like a child.

not to mention that cheating is like, fundamentally, objectively wrong. i think some people forget that. if a customer comes into your store and starts knocking shit over and breaking things and stealing what they dont ruin, then 2 days later came to your shop begging you to be let in, would you be cool about it?

idk man i just dont think tony p is the devil some people make him out to be. ive dealt with him and he was vaguely kind of sort of rude but again ive seen some of the attitude people here give him for the mildest transgressions and i could hardly blame him for being tired as hell. maybe working in customer service in a city of worstcunts has made me more sympathetic.
    I kind of agree with some of your points and see where you're coming from. Why should he be nice to certain people? On the other hand though, it's not "his" store, he just works there

I've worked in jobs in the past where I've been under constant fire from disgruntled customers being sworn at, threatened etc. and if I replied to them even vaguely how he does, I would have probably lost my job. He doesn't have to give people the outcome they want, it's the delivery of it that's key.

On top of that it's not just cheaters that he's a total arse too, I've had encounters with him, and I know others who have, where he's been down right rude and blatantly unwilling to co-operate even when the situation was 100% legit.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

GloomGloom (06-15-2019),MadameNova (06-11-2019),Mindfang (06-03-2019),Pinecone (06-03-2019),Sakuras (06-03-2019),team rocket (06-03-2019)

Pronouns
    she/high
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    395 times
    Time Online
    78d 23h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    well, as people have mentioned, they have met tony p. at comicon or w/e conventions and have gotten his autograph.
    Last edited by team rocket; 06-03-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)
    again, as people have mentioned, they have met tony p. at comicon or w/e conventions and have gotten his autograph.
    wait for real, that happened? :o i had no idea.