13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    Absolutely terrible final series. At the beginning I wasn't convinced, everyone else was slating the episodes and I was defending them. I was convinced they were going to save it with the final two episodes but just feel majorly let down.

So many unanswered questions, so many plot lines that never materialised and so much wasted back story.

It felt like a completely different show to the one we'd all been waiting for to return.

The Night King being defeated so easily after him being built up for so many years?
    Cersei's death being so poorly handled; the character we'd all grown to love to hate getting an easy way out?
    Dany's death scene wasn't even shocking or entertaining, why didn't we see when people found out what had happened?
    Arya just fucking off to go on a gap year?
    The rightful Heir to the throne being shipped off to the north pole....to man the watch against....fuck all?
    And the most boring little shit becoming king?
    THIS. The fact that they didn't immediately make Jon king pissed me off so much and Bran's just sitting there like why do you think I came all this way.. they could have done SO much better! Just everything about it was predictable, hole-y, and lazy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    THIS. The fact that they didn't immediately make Jon king pissed me off so much and Bran's just sitting there like why do you think I came all this way.. they could have done SO much better! Just everything about it was predictable, hole-y, and lazy.
    Making Jon king would be another boring ending. I wanted to see Bron shoot them both with a crossbow instead.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Might have been boring, but at least it would've made sense lol. Definitely more sense than Bran "did nothing the past 3 seasons" the Broken

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessav View Post
    Might have been boring, but at least it would've made sense lol. Definitely more sense than Bran "did nothing the past 3 seasons" the Broken
    and he straight up sat there like already knowing he is about to be king, and let them decide and everything and then says WHY DO YOU THINK I CAME ALL THIS WAY like.. for real rn you sit in a damn wooden throne and stare at people

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    gods, I could use about 10000x more story about Arya's face-swapping (I seriously thought she was going to kill Cersei AS Jaime by wearing his face), and the Faceless Men in general (was also so convinced the guy who was teaching her sword fighting at the beginning would somehow make an appearance again, turn out to be the guy who trained her at Braavos, etc.). Also what about all the unspoken lore behind the Night King? They totally blue-balled us with Jon's whole backstory/heritage, and I can't believe I'm going to start reading the series just to get any kind of closure... (book-readers, please tell me there's not as many loose ends in the written series?..)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Achyfi For This Useful Post:

Maki (06-25-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
    gods, I could use about 10000x more story about Arya's face-swapping (I seriously thought she was going to kill Cersei AS Jaime by wearing his face), and the Faceless Men in general (was also so convinced the guy who was teaching her sword fighting at the beginning would somehow make an appearance again, turn out to be the guy who trained her at Braavos, etc.). Also what about all the unspoken lore behind the Night King? They totally blue-balled us with Jon's whole backstory/heritage, and I can't believe I'm going to start reading the series just to get any kind of closure... (book-readers, please tell me there's not as many loose ends in the written series?..)
    I have not read the books, but I can confidently say that there aren't loose ends like what happened on the show.

Also, I am still amazed that Arya and Sandor could waltz into King's Landing without any disguises and never got caught. THIS would have been the perfect time for Arya to use those face swapping superpowers.

And I still wanna know where the white horse went. Like seriously, did Arya just ride the horse out of the city then walk back in?
    EEL SUSHI

8. The Following User Says Thank You to spleef35 For This Useful Post:

Achyfi (06-25-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by spleef35 View Post
    I have not read the books, but I can confidently say that there aren't loose ends like what happened on the show.

Also, I am still amazed that Arya and Sandor could waltz into King's Landing without any disguises and never got caught. THIS would have been the perfect time for Arya to use those face swapping superpowers.

And I still wanna know where the white horse went. Like seriously, did Arya just ride the horse out of the city then walk back in?
    That's a relief to hear, and I'll probably start reading the series

SERIOUSLY I was waiting for Arya to do any face swapping, felt like such an important powerful thing to be taught and then not use for the BIGGEST battles in her life...

And yeah, the white horse, probably a reference to Ned's horse (right?) but still super weird to include it for just riding out of the city?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Achyfi For This Useful Post:

spleef35 (06-25-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

SERIOUSLY I was waiting for Arya to do any face swapping, felt like such an important powerful thing to be taught and then not use for the BIGGEST battles in her life...

And yeah, the white horse, probably a reference to Ned's horse (right?) but still super weird to include it for just riding out of the city?
    Good, GRRM won't disappoint!

Arya's face swapping, plus Jon's parentage, a pretty much everything that was or wasn't revealed about the characters left me feeling like "what's the point?" in the final episode. Like, why bother even making the TV show if they weren't going to do anything with any of it?
    EEL SUSHI

12. The Following User Says Thank You to spleef35 For This Useful Post:

Achyfi (06-26-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

I think the white horse was a reference to Dany's horse. She received a white horse as a gift way back in season 1, when she was given to Khal Drago.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Achyfi (06-26-2019),spleef35 (06-26-2019)