Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    Welcome back!

You can take my advice with a grain of salt, I am not familiar with your previous conversation that's being referred to so I cannot weigh in on anything, nor is it really my place to pass any judgement - and I wouldn't even if it were.

The luxury of written, post-driven conversation such as forums is that we have time to reflect on what we are saying before we post. We have time to look over things, analyze them, and decide if what we are posting is too caustic. Sometimes, even when we mean the best, things can still get lost in translation when it comes to written format so an extra layer of care can avoid misunderstandings. Not to say you should filter oneself but some topics turn into raging wildfires more quickly than others - especially those revolving around hot topic issues right now (Politics, immigration - illegal and otherwise) and you really have to be careful how you handle those topics because everyone has an opinion - which is cool and normal, but when opposing opinions collide, it can cause some top-tier tension and animosity.

I've learned in the past year that when you start adding "But" or "because" to why you do things, it is like you're trying to relinquish ownership of a mistaken or mispoken word when you should just apologize and try to understand how it hurt/bothered the other person. It's much more graceful to say "I'm sorry, I really did not mean it like that but I see how I was misunderstood and I chose my words poorly, I will do my best next time to be more careful" than "I'm not a bad person because...". You're not a bad person. A statement does not a bad person make, how you handle situations and treat people is what matters, really. I totally understand feeling backed into a corner and you feel like you have to defend yourself. Sometimes the best defense is to drop your weapon and approach the situation diplomatically.

I guess my point is instead of trying to over-explain yourself, it perhaps is best to accept ownership of a mistake, apologize, and try not to repeat mistakes going forward. That's how I handle things myself and I feel like I have grown more for the outlook. I think now is a wonderful opportunity for you to start fresh. Everyone here, thus far, has been very kind during the several years I've been here. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Again, welcome back to Clraik! There's lots of stuff going on right now with Neo, a new mobile game is coming out and we are supposedly going to get HTML5 support in the summer on Neo - which will be really stinkin' cool. I'm excited to not have to beat Neo-coding into submission to do a simple code, lol.
    I did all that when it happened. Didn't work, made it worse. Thanks for the advice though! I appreciate you taking the time to type all that.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    I had no problem with illegals as people, I even said, I work with them and I am friends with them. I even babysat for a family here illegally, and got very close to their family. They are here illegally from Mexico. One of my best friends is Nigerian and he is literally has the most beautiful dark, dark skin I have ever seen. I literally pride myself on making everyone around me happy and laughing (hopefully at my wit). I strive to be a really great person, inside and out.. I overdo it, in fact. My loyalty/love to those I know is almost too much sometimes.

nah man youre going back on the ignore list i am not letting the devil tempt me on this day by saying horrible little things like "give her another chance!" and "its been 2 years, SURELY things are different"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Cherish (12-25-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Osomatsu View Post

nah man youre going back on the ignore list i am not letting the devil tempt me on this day by saying horrible little things like "give her another chance!" and "its been 2 years, SURELY things are different"
    Honestly not begging people to like me again. If you feel that way after I just explained myself as a person and why those who called me racist were wrong, then by all means, I am quite happy on your ignore list. I will be quite at home there. I may even hang up a poster or something.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Welcome back here in CK!