5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 22h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m

Are UCs still worth buying?

I'm considering buying a VWN high-end UC (plushie uni or gnorbu) for $$$USD, but I don't think I will because:

• I don't want to become a target for hackers. My account is valuable to me because of all my legitly earned avatars and game trophies.
    • Neopets is becoming more and more of a ghost town. It's hard to stay interested in the game when so many people have quit and the Neopets support staff can't keep up with all of the submitted tickets.

Reply if you agree or disagree

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    I completely agree with the first thing, but moreso that you would become a target of the PC/General population. The PC thinks they have seen every UC on Neopets, and when one they don't notice pops up, they are targeted/reported/harassed. If you change your password/pin regularly and have a secure email, hackers aren't really a big deal.
    Neopets activity is up and down honestly. Its definitely not where it was, but there is still a solid playerbase, and new people are joining/rejoining still.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

Pachirisu (01-11-2018),Sephora (01-11-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Would having the UC bring sufficient joy to you? 'Worth' is always a very subjective concept.

5. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Aska (01-10-2018),Black Dog (01-10-2018),Corliss (01-11-2018),Daffodil (01-11-2018),DevotedD (01-13-2018),earthanimal (02-18-2018),genesis (01-11-2018),j03 (01-10-2018),Kit (01-10-2018),Menine (01-10-2018),Neal Caffrey (01-10-2018),Pachirisu (01-11-2018),Sephora (01-11-2018),SilverCurious (01-10-2018),zitilover (01-11-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    If you are active on the boards, then I would keep the pet on a side account and enjoy it from afar.

Yes - I always think it's worth it for your happiness. I have a complete UC shark fam that I am proud of thanks to the wonderful people on this site and would not have finished otherwise. I am happy that it's complete and it's one less Neo goal to accomplish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Sephora (01-11-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    23d 15h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Yes, ucs are definitely worth buying.

Trading for those higher end ucs are impossible nowadays.
    The pc wants to always up trade and never willing to downtrade. The only way to break into uc trading is with other ucs or bd pets. Bd pets are becoming hella hard to trade with the plot being a flop plus it takes forever to train them lol.

The nicer the account you have the less people will question the ucs and everything especially if your account is older. Keeping the pet out of the spotlight is very important, too.

I bought 3 ucs. One of them is pc safe and posted with her on the pc and no one bat an eye. My other 2 haven't been moved off my shells but 1 of them will that has been secured for awhile. Soon gonna put it on a side for safety and move to my main a month or so later to hope for the best lol.
    I trade and post on pc often so I doubt people will care or notice:p

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Betrayal For This Useful Post:

Sephora (01-11-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    6d 16h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Betrayal View Post

The pc wants to always up trade and never willing to downtrade. The only way to break into uc trading is with other ucs or bd pets. Bd pets are becoming hella hard to trade with the plot being a flop plus it takes forever to train them lol.

The nicer the account you have the less people will question the ucs and everything especially if your account is older. Keeping the pet out of the spotlight is very important, too.

I bought 3 ucs. One of them is pc safe and posted with her on the pc and no one bat an eye. My other 2 haven't been moved off my shells but 1 of them will that has been secured for awhile. Soon gonna put it on a side for safety and move to my main a month or so later to hope for the best lol.
    Echoing this. If you do get one, just be smart.

If you’re getting one to show off to PC, don’t even bother.

Otherwise, do what you want and keep it out of sight for your own enjoyment. Treat it like you would your current pets, there’s always some modicum of risk involved. Site’s still up, so why not be happy haha

11. The Following User Says Thank You to merry For This Useful Post:

Sephora (01-11-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 22h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    I completely agree with the first thing, but moreso that you would become a target of the PC/General population. The PC thinks they have seen every UC on Neopets, and when one they don't notice pops up, they are targeted/reported/harassed.
    Good point, I would never dare to trade on the PC. There are only a few RN's I would want, but I wouldn't offer a pet I had bought. I didn't realize this was a problem with the general population too, but it makes sense since most people have been to the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Would having the UC bring sufficient joy to you? 'Worth' is always a very subjective concept.
    Having a super rare pet would give me a lot of thrill at first, but then it would probably just sit on my account.. I'll have to think harder about this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Aska View Post
    If you are active on the boards, then I would keep the pet on a side account and enjoy it from afar.

Yes - I always think it's worth it for your happiness. I have a complete UC shark fam that I am proud of thanks to the wonderful people on this site and would not have finished otherwise. I am happy that it's complete and it's one less Neo goal to accomplish.
    I haven't been active on the boards for a long time; there's only a couple I sometimes pop into (and neither of them are the PC).
    Congrats on your shark fam! There is one Tier 3 UC that I have purchased, and it was my dream pet since I was 10yrs old. It didn't cost that much and it was a somewhat common UC so I didn't think twice about it.

---------- Post added 01-11-2018 at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-10-2018 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Betrayal View Post

My main account is 10+ years old and I have pretty good avatar/stamp/game trophy counts. I legitimately earned all of it too, since I didn't know cheats existed when I was in middle/high school. I kind of wished I did, maybe I could have had a social life like a normal teen instead of playing neopets all the time! I think I could get away with saying "I created and painted this pet before conversion."
    Pets are an area of neopets I have not succeeded at while playing legitimately. I want to purchase a high-end UC to finish the look of my account and because the Tier 10 plushie UC's that I like are never traded the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    If you’re getting one to show off to PC, don’t even bother.

Otherwise, do what you want and keep it out of sight for your own enjoyment. Treat it like you would your current pets, there’s always some modicum of risk involved. Site’s still up, so why not be happy haha
    True!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    You just need to be careful about it. I bought a tier 7 UC a while ago, I've kept it on a shell for several months and gradually made the shell semi active(dailies, a little of battling, a little training) while I trained a 4l on my main, then i "traded" the trained 4l for the UC I bought and kept in on a legit side. I'ts been there 3 months and I haven't had any problem.
    With a tier 10 you should probably be even more careful and keep it on a side for a long time if not forever but if you're not very active on the board the risk should be minimum
    Last edited by Zorro; 01-11-2018 at 12:36 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorro For This Useful Post:

Sephora (01-11-2018)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    As long as you know what you're doing with them, yes. It very much can be. They're starting to get harder to come by.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Sephora (01-11-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    23d 15h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    After reading that you will definitely be able to get away with it :p

I wish I could say the same but I started getting bored and started cheating. All my nfs just think I'm really good at trading but I'm not... I just have a good job for my age
    Some stopped talking to me out of jealousy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Betrayal For This Useful Post:

Sephora (01-11-2018)