Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Neopets would be better if they fixed hacking and stopped freezing?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Do you think Neopets would be better if they fixed hacking and stopped freezing?

I've wondered, from time to time, if Neopets would be better if they handled their game like some other companies. What would happen if Neopets upped their security so accounts were practically unhackable and then left everyone to fend for themselves (no board monitors, no freezing except for flash cheats and other exploits, etc). Would the game be better off? People would eventually learn to get over board hostility, learn how not to get scammed, and people would be a lot less fearful of getting screwed over by TNT. It seems like the game would be a lot better..

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    26d 9h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I think the security definitely needs an update, but I really don't agree on the removal of board monitors tbh! I mean there's a lot of things they're too strict on in my opinion (like saying hell or talking about whether or not you're gay), but regardless of what people choose to believe, there are still kids on neo and plenty of them use the boards. Like it won't kill everyone to have one website on earth where they can't say "fuck", you feel me

I might be in the minority but I think silencing (or freezing for multi-time offenders) is fair when things that are potentially harmful to kids are being posted (like openly discussing sexual topics or asking people for offsite contact info), but that's just me.

But anyway the site would be a lot better if active users didn't have to fear for their accounts being hacked! And i don't think pets should be purged either - usernames should be deleted and then the pets put in the pound. The scarcity of UCs is what leads people to want to get into the accounts of active users in the first place (shrug)!
    Last edited by Baby; 11-05-2015 at 02:37 AM. Reason: typos

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (11-05-2015),Shizuku (11-05-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by androgynous View Post
    I think the security definitely needs an update, but I really don't agree on the removal of board monitors tbh! I mean there's a lot of things they're too strict on in my opinion (like saying hell or talking about whether or not you're gay), but regardless of what people choose to believe, there are still kids on neo and plenty of them use the boards. Like it won't kill everyone to have one website on earth where they can't say "fuck", you feel me

I might be in the minority but I think silencing (or freezing for multi-time offenders) is fair when things that are potentially harmful to kids are being posted (like openly discussing sexual topics or asking people for offsite contact info), but that's just me.

But anyway the site would be a lot better if active users didn't have to fear for their accounts being hacked! And i don't think pets should be purged either - usernames should be deleted and then the pets put in the pound. The scarcity of UCs is what leads people to want to get into the accounts of active users in the first place (shrug)!
    I don't think it would kill someone to have a website where they can't say "fuck," but I don't think someone would die from being offended online, either. It's the age of the internet.. kids are exposed to so much that it doesn't matter what you censor. The problem with board monitors is that they don't do a whole lot, but they're costing Neopets tons of money. They should have a system where players can become mini board monitors and temporarily silence others, with a single employee overlooking everything and making sure there's no corruption. They need to be more efficient.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    TNT needs a customer service training course

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Suicune For This Useful Post:

Aska (11-05-2015),B_B (11-05-2015),Cinnamoroll (11-05-2015),Elf (11-05-2015),I_royalty_I (11-05-2015),Shizuku (11-05-2015),Slytherin (11-05-2015),Yuni (11-06-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by x-factor View Post
    I've wondered, from time to time, if Neopets would be better if they handled their game like some other companies. What would happen if Neopets upped their security so accounts were practically unhackable and then left everyone to fend for themselves (no board monitors, no freezing except for flash cheats and other exploits, etc). Would the game be better off? People would eventually learn to get over board hostility, learn how not to get scammed, and people would be a lot less fearful of getting screwed over by TNT. It seems like the game would be a lot better..
    even if they fixed the hacking, some one will always find a way to do it again
    i luv. i said i luv to hack

Avatar Ss List (you need an account to see links)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    4d 21h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    they need to bring back product placement

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    i wouldn't be surprised if it's the cheaters keeping the site going

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Problem is... TNT doesn't see that the cheaters by uc pets then by nc to customize those pets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    28d 21h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    They're never safe from DarkByte.

open for a surprise ~

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lenars For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (11-05-2015),Elf (11-05-2015),Naked Gamer (11-05-2015),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLena View Post
    They're never safe from DarkByte.
    well theirs thousands like him out there lol, many help many don't. people be people