Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone hack gmail/godaddy/etc?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Can anyone hack gmail/godaddy/etc?

I have a business partner/friend that I was working with for a long time. His part was to take care of the website part of things before we launched, so he registered the domain name. Two months ago, he disappeared, just like that. No goodbye, no email, no text, no nothing. His other friends haven't seen him, his facebook has been empty, and doesn't respond to any other method of communication. He has been known to be flakey/irresponsible in the past, so it was a bad decision to work with him in the first place. Honestly though, I don't know if he's being irresponsible now or if he's died somehow. He does crazy stuff a lot, too. I've decided I'm going ahead and doing it myself, but I need the domain name. I can't think of any way to get the domain name back, so I've decided I want to just hack his godaddy ad move the domain myself. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?

Thank you very much.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Ouch, that's tough.

I'm sorry, dude. Best of luck. Hopefully you can get it resolved.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    4d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by x-factor View Post
    I have a business partner/friend that I was working with for a long time. His part was to take care of the website part of things before we launched, so he registered the domain name. Two months ago, he disappeared, just like that. No goodbye, no email, no text, no nothing. His other friends haven't seen him, his facebook has been empty, and doesn't respond to any other method of communication. He has been known to be flakey/irresponsible in the past, so it was a bad decision to work with him in the first place. Honestly though, I don't know if he's being irresponsible now or if he's died somehow. He does crazy stuff a lot, too. I've decided I'm going ahead and doing it myself, but I need the domain name. I can't think of any way to get the domain name back, so I've decided I want to just hack his godaddy ad move the domain myself. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?

Thank you very much.
    If you know the email he used you could check to see if it's been purged and re register it (like with unregistered emails on NP). I'm no hacker but just an idea.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m

Thank you very much.
    No one on this forum will be willing to do this and you're going to be looking at well over $100 for someone on another forum focused on hacking to do this. I doubt anyone would touch it. Better off going legit and begging the Godaddy customer support folks with what little information you have and pretend to be him. "I fergot my passwords oh noez"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

x-factor (07-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks a ton, jena.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/1
    Mentioned
    562 times
    Time Online
    118d 6h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Support wont help you domain security is very tight you should be carefull with your domains , it only cost like 10$ to register a domain and takes about 5 mins max. You should of done this in a way that you had control of the domain..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkByte For This Useful Post:

wrath (07-02-2013),x-factor (07-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links): Unfortunately, I don't think there's any kind of purging, and definitely not in the 2 months.

@(you need an account to see links): I don't mind paying. Like I said, I'm starting a brick-and-mortar business, so $100 is a very, very small percentage of what I'm spending overall. I'll try the pretending to be him thing, though. Thanks.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    86/0
    Mentioned
    464 times
    Time Online
    70d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    @(you need an account to see links): Unfortunately, I don't think there's any kind of purging, and definitely not in the 2 months.

@(you need an account to see links): I don't mind paying. Like I said, I'm starting a brick-and-mortar business, so $100 is a very, very small percentage of what I'm spending overall. I'll try the pretending to be him thing, though. Thanks.
    The lease on the domain will expire. You can use WhoIs to see how long he reserved it for, it may be available for auction thereafter depending on who picks it up first, you or a competitor. I still think social manipulation is the way to go. Imo, it'd be cheaper to buy a fake ID with his name than find someone willing to try and hack GoDaddy. I'd be very wary of anyone who says they can do it, and wouldn't pay up front.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wrath For This Useful Post:

drd (07-02-2013),x-factor (07-02-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    @(you need an account to see links) Alright, thanks so much. We actually took it from someone about two months ago, shortly before he disappeared. I'm definitely willing to lie to get back something that's rightfully mine, so I might try that social manipulation method.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Unless this domain name is worth a million dollars its so cheap to register a domain name lol it's like 5-10 dollars why the hell would you pay 100 bucks for it?

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I'd be very wary of anyone who says they can do it, and wouldn't pay up front.
    this, too.