Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: What are the biggest mistakes you've made on Neopets?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    154d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by deMorphine View Post
    What's a CG?
    A cookie grabber. Back in the day it was very easy to have your account info stolen. Iirc the link I clicked looked like a regular petpage link, but it was a malicious cookie grabber.

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    1.) Losing my original Neopets account, not knowing about CK. I couldnt log into the account and it got purged in the big wipe.. TNT wouldnt help and all I needed was my birthday. I had the email and password but they wouldnt help. If I knew of CK im sure someone would of helped me get my birthday info but I wasnt aware of this website back then...

2.) When transferring my oldest neopets account to a new one I was trying to move my Poogle using the pound. Someone sniped it from me and wouldnt give it back. I really liked that neopet, it was one of the first neopets I created...Sometimes I look it up and see who owns it, say hi to the lil guy. (UPDATE: Just looked that neopet up, its no longer a poogle, its a female Kyrii, Monsters!!! MONSTERS!! My poor neopet!)
    Last edited by omg.UFOs; 04-30-2020 at 03:28 AM.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by omg.UFOs View Post
    1.) Losing my original Neopets account, not knowing about CK. I couldnt log into the account and it got purged in the big wipe.. TNT wouldnt help and all I needed was my birthday. I had the email and password but they wouldnt help. If I knew of CK im sure someone would of helped me get my birthday info but I wasnt aware of this website back then...

2.) When transferring my oldest neopets account to a new one I was trying to move my Poogle using the pound. Someone sniped it from me and wouldnt give it back. I really liked that neopet, it was one of the first neopets I created...Sometimes I look it up and see who owns it, say hi to the lil guy. (UPDATE: Just looked that neopet up, its no longer a poogle, its a female Kyrii, Monsters!!! MONSTERS!! My poor neopet!)

Omg 2) sucks!!!

I can imagine how sad it must be to lose a pet. D:

One of the shittiest thing that happened to me (was actually my own fault) was to create a username with a slightly inappropriate meaning. Well, I thought that I wouldn't be playing neopets again and it was just for fun. (This was around 8 years ago) I even earned a shit lot of money from habi. Fast forward 6 years later I tried getting back onto neopets (suddenly had interest again) and found that it was frozen due to an inappropriate name.

Since there was a reason to freeze they wouldn't return me the account nor anything from the account :\

It is my fault.. but still. Well now I'm back starting up again from ground 0. That's my story.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    the biggest mistake done by me is that i Lost 200k points

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by omg.UFOs View Post

Have you ever tried mailing the owner of the pet you first created? :o
    I have the same regret as you for no. 2. Maybe over 10 years ago I did the same, pound transferred my fav named uc dari zaf to give to my sibling who played at the time. This was during the time when we only had 1 transfer a month, done pound transferring a few times with no losses until that day of course haha. Tried mailing the owner to see if they would trade, I think they either never replied or ignored. I still check the lookup every now and then. The account is just now rotting on a long long time ago Good thing is I was able to obtain another dari zaf some years after, but that one had a nicer name. A lesson learned though!
    Last edited by jellybelly; 04-30-2020 at 04:51 AM.

Pronouns
    --------------------
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    25d 22h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybelly View Post
    Have you ever tried mailing the owner of the pet you first created? :o
    I have the same regret as you for no. 2. Maybe over 10 years ago I did the same, pound transferred my fav named uc dari zaf to give to my sibling who played at the time. This was during the time when we only had 1 transfer a month, done pound transferring a few times with no losses until that day of course haha. Tried mailing the owner to see if they would trade, I think they either never replied or ignored. I still check the lookup every now and then. The account is just now rotting on a long long time ago Good thing is I was able to obtain another dari zaf some years after, but that one had a nicer name. A lesson learned though!
    A few years ago my old pet was with someone, It was painted as a skunk colored Poogle. It looked nice and I was happy about that. I talked to the owner, they werent interested in a trade. The new owner's account is rotting as a long long time ago too now. Im pretty sure if I was able to get a hold of them they would trade me, since I have way more NP and items for a trade..maybe some day. I still have my second oldest neopet, though. its the little things.

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 9h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Sent a pet someone really wanted that I'd been securing for ages to them and then they blackmailed me, whined on the board that it's stolen even though they hardcore cheated themselves and got me frozen. Luckily their bs was caught out and not only did they get frozen on neopets, they were also banned in cheating forums because of how shitty they were with outing people and outing sellers. The biggest mistake I made was being too kind.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulan View Post
    Sent a pet someone really wanted that I'd been securing for ages to them and then they blackmailed me, whined on the board that it's stolen even though they hardcore cheated themselves and got me frozen. Luckily their bs was caught out and not only did they get frozen on neopets, they were also banned in cheating forums because of how shitty they were with outing people and outing sellers. The biggest mistake I made was being too kind.
    Many times the biggest mistake is being too kind. I know of a few lenders on np boards who got totally scammed. Communities always start out fresh and nice and people are so generous with each other. All it takes is one or two bad eggs to start spreading discord in the community and everyone ends up becoming paranoid and afraid of each other. :\

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    18h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kaizona View Post
    A cookie grabber. Back in the day it was very easy to have your account info stolen. Iirc the link I clicked looked like a regular petpage link, but it was a malicious cookie grabber.
    Are those still common these days?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I've made 2 major ones that will always haunt me.
    1) I got one of my accounts from 2003 frozen because I was a stupid kid, who scammed the NPs from a user who lent them to me for the adam avatar I then sent them to my main. 2 weeks afterwards all my accounts were frozen. I lost my UCs. The usernames of all my old friends, all my site even trophies and so many memories that day. I quit from 2008 to 2012 that day.

2) Started using an AB as I didn't have the time to restock legit anymore, I ended up ABing the first 8 bit power up Potion, immediately went to the boards and sold it for 35m. Got frozen 2 days later.

Now I'm back 8 years later had to buy an account to reflect my actual time on neo which is 1999-Present