2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Multiple accounts help

Hello, I hope this is the right place to post this.

I've been searching through the guides and articles on how to have multiple accounts without being frozen and I still have a few questions. Is it really as simple as 'have a different email address and VPN per account' and you're golden? What other steps should I be taking?

For context I have a main account that's only weeks old that I want to build up with trophies and do dailies on. I'm also using another account for food club. I would happily use the older food club account as my main but tween me wasn't great at coming up with usernames.

How do I eventually transfer money over without loosing both accounts?
    How do I avoid getting caught out in the meantime too?

Thank you.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,872 times
    Time Online
    564d 17h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by tophatcat View Post
    Hello, I hope this is the right place to post this.

I've been searching through the guides and articles on how to have multiple accounts without being frozen and I still have a few questions. Is it really as simple as 'have a different email address and VPN per account' and you're golden? What other steps should I be taking?

For context I have a main account that's only weeks old that I want to build up with trophies and do dailies on. I'm also using another account for food club. I would happily use the older food club account as my main but tween me wasn't great at coming up with usernames.

How do I eventually transfer money over without loosing both accounts?
    How do I avoid getting caught out in the meantime too?

Thank you.
    It really is that simple. Have a completely different identity and try not to use similar name(s) as any other account.

I recommend using your shop to transfer NP and gifting directly instead of auctions/TP as those are public methods.

The multiple account measures in place are terrible, so accidentally using your IP on an account you aren't supposed to is not the end of the world - just avoid doing!

If you're still interested, dig through the Neopets Guides section for this topic using the search in the top right and you'll come across plenty of guides that, although are dated, are still very relevant today.

Good luck!
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Delibird (2 Days Ago),Devouredsoul (2 Days Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 20h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    When i did that (i used to run 10+ accounts daily for over 4 years), i used to buy proxies so the account would have the same ip everytime and avoid any risks.

Tnt has stated it's safe using vpn a couple months ago so the ip changing from a vpn should not offer a risk to your account, but personally i've always tried to avoid that, that's why i went the private proxy route.

As joe mentioned, mixing ips doesn't seem to be such a huge deal like it was in the past, i'd still always put myself in a state of calm and using a checklist when switching from one acc to another, remembering to always change the ip, reseting any cookies just to stay on the safer side.

About transfering nps/items, what i did when i wanted to do that and move nps to my main, i'd set real trades with valuables from my main equivalent to the nps i want to transfer and make a 'legit' looking trade/transaction.

What i did after that, that never got me in trouble but use it at your own risk, a couple weeks after, i'd gift the bought item from the side to my main. as i said i have never had an issue but it's not garanteed it will work, so be mindful of that.

it's been a year and a half since i stopped doing this so i'm not sure if this is still the best way to do it, but it worked for me.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    186 times
    Time Online
    45d 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I accidentally used the same IP on 3 different accounts on two occasions recently (in the past month or two) and still have all the accounts so far. So that shouldn't be a problem but I'd avoid doing it.

Pronouns
    Flor/Fleur
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    45d 11h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    It really is that simple. Have a completely different identity and try not to use similar name(s) as any other account.

I recommend using your shop to transfer NP and gifting directly instead of auctions/TP as those are public methods.

The multiple account measures in place are terrible, so accidentally using your IP on an account you aren't supposed to is not the end of the world - just avoid doing!

If you're still interested, dig through the Neopets Guides section for this topic using the search in the top right and you'll come across plenty of guides that, although are dated, are still very relevant today.

Good luck!
    When you're transfering items/gifting items or whatever, do you know if there's a specific time frame where logs are deleted?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Most np sellers I seen use shop to transfer np, you place junks at max price on your main and buy with your shells, then delete the log.

I used chrome with different profiles each with its own proxy to avoid accidentally logging in with the wrong proxy.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you everyone!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    So you don't use incognito mode, just different chrome profiles for each email? I've been using incognito + different IPs, but I've almost logged in with the wrong IP/account combo before, and it's a pain to manually log in each account.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    86d 6h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Just out of curiosity, is there a limit to how much NP you can transfer at a time via shops before it trips something on TNTs end?

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 19h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    As long as you aren't egregiously cheating you should be okay. I had a few IP mess ups but because i'm not running anything crazy (just the occasional script) nothing bad happened and it's been a few months since I messed up so badly.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata