Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    16d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m

Obese workout help?

SO I'm fat. I'm always looking up at workout online and stuff... But, these are always thing fit people can do each time a day, like 150 push up, 200 squat &&& others workout that oh god, I cannot do these first, that much, second, in a day, or imma die.
    Is there ANY nice workout for fat people...?
    &&& Workout you can do at home is better for me, cause, no money for gym, for real.

Oh yeah, sorry, forgot to say; I'm almost 22, 5'6 around 230/240lbs. I'm fat, but I can move my ass, i'm just a lazy person, and kinda wanna change that ~
    Last edited by alqualine; 07-12-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    i'm not sure how bad it is, but i'm guessing you're mobile enough to do running, jumping, etc?
    if so, i did this one workout called insanity and its brought me hella results
    you can find torrents for it all over the net and there's also videos online, just gotta find a schedule and "jump" right in ;D that was really bad im sorry

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    29 times
    Time Online
    16d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    i'm not sure how bad it is, but i'm guessing you're mobile enough to do running, jumping, etc?
    if so, i did this one workout called insanity and its brought me hella results
    you can find torrents for it all over the net and there's also videos online, just gotta find a schedule and "jump" right in ;D that was really bad im sorry
    Yeah sorry, forgot to say i'm not like 350 lbs and cannot move my own ass around ;_;
    But.. isnt it insanity is too.. Harsh to start with? ;_; I'm I not gonna die the first minute?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    68/0
    Mentioned
    1,177 times
    Time Online
    96d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    @(you need an account to see links) oh awk omg yeah insanity is kinda harsh to start with, regardless of weight but i started at idk 225 or somethin and im down to 2hunna but got swole

so..hm tbh i think you could get much better fitness advice at (you need an account to see links) or (you need an account to see links) or the (you need an account to see links)

i'm no fitness expert, sorryyyyy but i'm sure the people in those communities can help ^_^

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Raj For This Useful Post:

Cub (03-05-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Couch to 5k would probably help you! There are apps on iPhone/androids that can track your running. I personally haven't started myself 'cause I'm a lazy sack of... But I've heard great things about it!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fleur For This Useful Post:

Allegra (07-13-2014),Birdtail (12-31-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    199 times
    Time Online
    129d 11h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    I agree, definitely try couch to 5k for cardio fitness. There's also the 30 day shred by jillian michaels that isn't /too/ hard, but you will still find quite challenging. It has the 30 day component which is nice, to keep you on track- it'll incorporate some minimal strength training into your workout.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Push ups and squats are great workouts to do if you don't have access to a gym You don't have to do 200 or 150 right off the bat. Set a goal for each week for that specific workout and then try to break it the next week.

These are some other workouts that I learned from my sisters bf (he's in the army and learned all this during drill and when he would hit up the gym) that don't require weights and you can do them at home:
    - planks
    - running man
    - lunges
    - bicycle crunches

Would recommend doing some beginners yoga too! Lots of fun.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    67d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    What's probably more important is to change your diet. I don't know how your lifestyle is, but if you start to eat healthier, you will automatically feel more fit to do any type of workout in the first place. I really like to grab my bike and start cycling for as long as I can handle.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    5d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    If you can afford a gym membership you ll definately should go to a gym. Gym always have instructors that can help you and guide you trough exercise and dieting.

If you cant afford a gym membership you should start eating less processed foods (candies, sodas, fried things) and consider eating healthier foods, such as cicken, pork, beef, whole wheat rice, yams, etc. You can eat as much as salad as you want to fill yourself.

And start "walking" at least 30 minutes everyday. Yes I wrote walking. If you walk a high speed, most of the calories burnt will come from fats deposits. But again if you want to keep muscle lost at minimum you should joind a gym or add some strength workout to preserve your muscle

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links) if you ever find yourself with money for a gym, I highly suggest checking out 'Curves' if you're afraid of normal ones. I started out at an insanely high weight and I've lost almost 150 (144 to be exact with todays weigh in) pounds, and I started there.

For at home workouts, I highly suggest walking (I use 'mapmywalk' & 'myfitnesspal' apps on my phone) and you should check out (you need an account to see links) - she has tons of beginner workout videos, and they are pretty amazing.

And as well as the obvious changing up your eating habits. My meals have pretty much been the same since I started losing weight, which has been:

Breakfast: Yogurt or Protein Shake
    Lunch: Salad with chicken (strawberry or pomegranate vinaigrette, yum!)
    Dinner: Chicken or Salmon with any kind of mixed veggies I have in my fridge.

And lots of water, I drink at minimum (4) 24oz bottles of water a day. As well as tea - no sugar, and I will have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

I started out wanting to kill myself because of going to the gym kicking my ass, but now I run 4-5x a week, do zumba 3x a week & go to the gym at 6:30 daily.
    Last edited by chiro; 07-14-2014 at 06:48 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to chiro For This Useful Post:

Cub (03-03-2015)