Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This Editorial answer annoyed me, am I the only one?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Don't think it would kill the site. It would likely bring many old users back and new ones. Some people would leave probably but I really think it would do more good than bad. Tony/Alice would have a lot less support emails dealing with "suspicious UCs".
    [SNIP] There will probably be restrictions on the new UCs that TNT allows. Like only 1 a year or can only unconvert an existing pet, etc. Idk
    Agree 100% with this.

While some of the more toxic PCer's may stomp off in a huff about it, I think that would be more then worth bringing some old and new players back who were interested in their pets as PETS, not as trading commodities and status symbols.

Considering the support emails from nosy UC Stalkers about "suspicious UC MOVED!", I would think TNT would welcome getting rid of that hassle for their support team to deal with.

And finally - if you already have UCs on site, what's the difference if there is 1 or 10,000 of them?
    Stop whining about how hard it is to have them, because you already have them and you are not getting rid of them. Since that's been decided, what's the problem adding more when users clearly want it?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Purrina For This Useful Post:

Crow (04-14-2019),Stardew (04-14-2019)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    What if they made UCs non trade able? You have to unconvert them to trade?

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

ailunbee (04-14-2019),Crow (04-14-2019),Menine (04-14-2019),Stardew (04-14-2019)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 6h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I think it was shitty of them to even mention it was a potential possibility in the first place. "We thought about it but nah! :p" came off as antagonistic even if that wasn't their intention.

Staff members have clearly made UCs for themselves so I don't really understand why it wouldn't be feasible in *some* way.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Crow (04-14-2019),Stardew (04-14-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    11d 15h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I think they posted that because they are working on it. I fully expect UCs to return some day in some way. As someone who spent over 10 million on a Draik MP, they're not afraid to throw deflation out there in other respects. I do hope they manage to find something on the site that's feasible to work towards without being completely unattainable, I think UCs could fill the niche.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    138 times
    Time Online
    59d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Yeah I was so annoyed to see it mentioned at all, as well. Quite insulting. "Yeah we talked about this thing you didn't mention, still no, lol"

It's not like this will make the "GIB UCs BACK PLEASE" boards slow down, at all. If anything it'll just add to people begging more and more since they know it's a topic TNT will discuss and address now.

I also had the idea of making NC UCs non-tradeable, perhaps account bound or one per account? Just turning converted upon transfer or pounding would work well enough IMO. Also, make the unconverter item one use, so people who want multiple UCs need to buy the item every time. I also had the idea of UC-only NC wearables, but Nerkmid is probably right in that the current art department is already scraping the bottom of the barrel. Focusing more on wearables that UCs *can* wear would be useful though. Backgrounds, foregrounds, etc. I'm sure customization is still gonna be a big thing, people who love customization will probably keep doing that! For the fun of it, add an extra pet slot and watch people still do customising. 1 NC UC per account + 5/6 customizable pets. Dollar signs in your eyes yet, TNT?

You could add a non-removeable sign + a warning upon trading that this UC will convert upon trading, as well, so that no one gets bamboozled into trading for a fakey NC UC either.

I do believe it'd be a money printing machine. So many people want UCs, and right now UC trading has slowed down to a grind. It'd stop the status symbol shit, it'd stop the trading shit, it'd make UCs obtainable for people willing to fork over the $$ without risking their accounts, and it'd stop the PC from policing their UCs and flooding the tickets with OMG IS THIS UC STOLEN??? I'm willing to bet almost anyone would fork over the money if they could do so legitly. How many people have a 'OMG I love this UC and want it so bad but it's unachievable' story?

All in all, I am 100% for the idea of bringing UC back. Their BS about layers just makes me angry, lol. Clearly UCs work right now in that system. just make every layer the UC, don't add poses or emotions like how it's currently for UCs, and keep restricting shit that won't work with their art. Clearly that is a state that exists for them, because they can 'unconvert' pets that have been converted accidentally or maliciously.

Besides, it would be hilarious to watch the PC lose its shit. Remember how people were trading away UCs the last time TNT stupidly hinted at an unconverter being made? The Royalboy Aisha fiasco? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrina View Post
    Agree 100% with this.

While some of the more toxic PCer's may stomp off in a huff about it, I think that would be more then worth bringing some old and new players back who were interested in their pets as PETS, not as trading commodities and status symbols.

Considering the support emails from nosy UC Stalkers about "suspicious UC MOVED!", I would think TNT would welcome getting rid of that hassle for their support team to deal with.

And finally - if you already have UCs on site, what's the difference if there is 1 or 10,000 of them?
    Stop whining about how hard it is to have them, because you already have them and you are not getting rid of them. Since that's been decided, what's the problem adding more when users clearly want it?
    I mean, clearly one of the problems would be that UCs can't be customized as much as converted pets, therefore they're worried about losing out on NC revenue. But I addressed that in my post above
    Last edited by Stardew; 04-14-2019 at 01:05 PM.

🌜 ALL YOUR STARDROP ARE BELONG TO ME ⭐✨
    hatched as drake: 01.11.2021

Guides by me: (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links)

ty Dita ♥

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Meh. People just want what they can't have and never appreciate the things they do. It's human nature. Money is already being spent on UCs anyway, so from TNT's point of view, why not redirect the money for themselves and let people own them in the open? Win-win, everyone's happy. (Until they get bored and move on to the next thing.) People act like this is an either/or situation and it's not. Is there anyone that would really just have 25+ UC pets and stop customizing converted ones? Very few I think. Customization is fun. In fact it's one of the few remaining sources of actual fun things to do on Neopets. I'm sorry, but loss of revenue is a BS excuse. Any loss would be temporary and short-lived.

If TNT did ever release UCs, there'd be a honeymoon period where everyone would be in love with their new UCs, but the second it really dawned on them that they're not special anymore, the appeal would fade just like with draiks and krawks. Can you imagine seeing an UC PDRK every other post on the boards? C'mon, are you kidding me? People would absolutely feel "blah" about it and want to go back to dressing up pets with clothes just to stand out again.

Oh, and the PC would still be shitty and toxic, except for RN, RW, and BD pets instead, or some other BS like glitched pets. Not to be cynical, but nothing ever really changes.

So... taking all that into consideration... I really don't care if they ever do or they don't.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sugar Rush For This Useful Post:

Stardew (04-14-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    66d 17h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    I personally don’t think they should offer ucs again because or all the drama it would create! Sure, it wouldn’t benefit tnt by redirecting the money spent on ucs to their pockets, but I think a lot of people would be upset! I don’t really care about status but I can already see the chaos when the “elite” are no longer elite anymore lol