27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

Todays society?

I feel like I need to go on a rant here, mostly because I am confussed and a bit pissed off. What pisses me off is that ghosting seems to be so normal right now. Mostly when it comes to dating.
    But I am not really talking about that. I am talking about speaking to people in general. Everyone is busy now a days, it's a common knowledge. No one answers right away. Even I don't do that and I think
    I am online a lot. But I never understood the fact that people can just stop talking to someone instantly, without any warnings. Wheter it is stop responding/blocking or deleting their account in general.

Does anyone else experience this? I am going to throw in a bit of a personal question here. But am I really that annoying to talk to that people one day have what seems like an amazing conversation but the
    next day I am not worth talking to anymore? I mean I am fine on my own. It is just something I've been thinking about a bit lately.

Hope everyone have a great weekend!

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (02-03-2024),Excalibur (02-10-2024),Halloqueenie (02-03-2024),Isabella (02-12-2024),♥ lint ♥ (02-03-2024),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (02-10-2024),♥ Shazi ♥ (02-10-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    When I was looking for jobs I got ghosted after talking to recruiters or interviews, regularly. I've had friends ghost me but they got into drugs. Every single time, whenever a friend has ghosted me in the past, drugs were the reason. It might not be you at all. I'm not sure if it's a societal thing just in todays age, but it does suck. I'm sorry.

edit: also, numerous times I'd have fellas in my inbox, but as soon as they got a girlfriend boom I didn't exist. One did this to me multiple times. Talk to me, ghost after girlfriend, talk to me after breakup, get a different girlfriend, block, repeat. I was just talking to them as friends as well. Super weird. People are weird, I would not say that it is you 100% of the time.
    Last edited by Alcremie; 02-03-2024 at 06:43 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

hellraid (02-03-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcremie View Post
    When I was looking for jobs I got ghosted after talking to recruiters or interviews, regularly. I've had friends ghost me but they got into drugs. Every single time, whenever a friend has ghosted me in the past, drugs were the reason. It might not be you at all. I'm not sure if it's a societal thing just in todays age, but it does suck. I'm sorry.

edit: also, numerous times I'd have fellas in my inbox, but as soon as they got a girlfriend boom I didn't exist. One did this to me multiple times. Talk to me, ghost after girlfriend, talk to me after breakup, get a different girlfriend, block, repeat. I was just talking to them as friends as well. Super weird. People are weird, I would not say that it is you 100% of the time.
    First of all, thanks for the reply. It was a nice read. It is the first time I've heard about ghosting when it comes to jobs though. That is interestingly (is this even a word) scary. Drugs however seems to be quite common. This one I have accepted throughout the years.

Also I am sorry to hear that, people are just ugh, yes. Just ugh. But honestly? Trying to start talking again after a breakup? That is weird after that behavious.

I don't mean to come out as a complete asshole, but I think I am pretty entertaining when it comes to conversations. Sure I might have a bad day, but I do feel like I would not make a conversation boring. In real life, maybe. But that is a different topic lol
    Last edited by hellraid; 02-03-2024 at 06:51 PM.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Yo, this is so relatable. It's happened to me by someone who says they're emotional or sensitive. I can only say, that, if you feel that you had a great connection of some kind with the person, there may be a reason for it that they're not willing to share or need to work on themselves for some reason and it's just easier for some people to completely disconnect, rather than to face you and admit something that will make them vulnerable.
    In one occasion for me, someone who wanted to hang out with me and pursued that, out of no where backed off and I was confused, but just ignored it. Later, the guy finally told me that he gained weight and was worried I would think less of him if I saw him. I was confused because I never made any indication that I cared about his physical appearance- I just liked talking to him. It wasn't so much about him trying to get hot to attract me, but I related so well because me, my sister, and a LOT of friends went thru this in the pandemic where we went out of our way to avoid people because we gained weight. I realized this guy had insecurities before he met me and I, inadvertently intimidated him because he knew I worked hard in the gym so it was easy for him to compare himself to me and think I may have higher standards/expectations.

I'm not making excuses for this kind of behavior because it's messed up when people do this simply because you're left in the dark and have to guess as to what you did wrong, but I think it's important to try to consider if something is going on with them. My sister, for example, is not emotionally/mentally equipped to handle people like this, so for her, it's easier to cut people out and not confront them or figure out what happened. It's not a dig on her, but I'm just saying some people process things differently due to personality traits or life experiences that have affected them.

In conclusion, it sucks to go through this stuff and I'm sorry you're having that experience right now. A lot of people do this with bad intentions because they're selfish or just don't know what they want, but I think if you consider something may be going on with them, you can at least try to amicably let go for your own sake. I'm very stubborn and get hung up on these things BIG TIME because I have to know WHY it happened. I can live with it happening, but first, W H Y lol. When I go thru stuff like this, I like listening (you need an account to see links), but it helps me think about the "good times" and that dwelling on the negative doesn't help move me forward. Also, it's possible for people to change, so maybe you're part of the reason why they'll learn to change for the better?

Anyway, sending hugs! You're not alone in this!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

hellraid (02-03-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Yo, this is so relatable. It's happened to me by someone who says they're emotional or sensitive. I can only say, that, if you feel that you had a great connection of some kind with the person, there may be a reason for it that they're not willing to share or need to work on themselves for some reason and it's just easier for some people to completely disconnect, rather than to face you and admit something that will make them vulnerable.
    In one occasion for me, someone who wanted to hang out with me and pursued that, out of no where backed off and I was confused, but just ignored it. Later, the guy finally told me that he gained weight and was worried I would think less of him if I saw him. I was confused because I never made any indication that I cared about his physical appearance- I just liked talking to him. It wasn't so much about him trying to get hot to attract me, but I related so well because me, my sister, and a LOT of friends went thru this in the pandemic where we went out of our way to avoid people because we gained weight. I realized this guy had insecurities before he met me and I, inadvertently intimidated him because he knew I worked hard in the gym so it was easy for him to compare himself to me and think I may have higher standards/expectations.

I'm not making excuses for this kind of behavior because it's messed up when people do this simply because you're left in the dark and have to guess as to what you did wrong, but I think it's important to try to consider if something is going on with them. My sister, for example, is not emotionally/mentally equipped to handle people like this, so for her, it's easier to cut people out and not confront them or figure out what happened. It's not a dig on her, but I'm just saying some people process things differently due to personality traits or life experiences that have affected them.

In conclusion, it sucks to go through this stuff and I'm sorry you're having that experience right now. A lot of people do this with bad intentions because they're selfish or just don't know what they want, but I think if you consider something may be going on with them, you can at least try to amicably let go for your own sake. I'm very stubborn and get hung up on these things BIG TIME because I have to know WHY it happened. I can live with it happening, but first, W H Y lol. When I go thru stuff like this, I like listening (you need an account to see links), but it helps me think about the "good times" and that dwelling on the negative doesn't help move me forward. Also, it's possible for people to change, so maybe you're part of the reason why they'll learn to change for the better?

Anyway, sending hugs! You're not alone in this!
    Amazing to read through this, I probably won't be able to touch upon everything you wrote about. But I do understand what you talking about. A sudden change in life might very well happen and you just cut everything you knew before hand.

But I do find it a bit messed up to cut someone out when it isn't even any romatic feelings involved. It's just good conversation. Maybe people just being selfish as you state and want to kill some time for a day or two.

I personally avoid any romatic conversations with anyone right now. I just want to discuss music or whatever and have a good conversation.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading your reply. It was a really good read.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (02-03-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I will say that anonymity makes it so easier to be cruel to people. People say things to others online, truly horrid things, that they probably wouldn't say to that person's face. The Internet has ruined empathy.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

hellraid (02-03-2024),Styx (02-03-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    I will say that anonymity makes it so easier to be cruel to people. People say things to others online, truly horrid things, that they probably wouldn't say to that person's face. The Internet has ruined empathy.
    This does make a lot of sense. I do believe that internet has ruined a lot of things along the way of creating some amazing things. But in the end yes, with all these different platforms, something might be ruined forever. Mostly because a lot of infuensers actually have a lot of influence on a lot of people

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraid View Post
    Amazing to read through this, I probably won't be able to touch upon everything you wrote about. But I do understand what you talking about. A sudden change in life might very well happen and you just cut everything you knew before hand.

But I do find it a bit messed up to cut someone out when it isn't even any romatic feelings involved. It's just good conversation. Maybe people just being selfish as you state and want to kill some time for a day or two.

I personally avoid any romatic conversations with anyone right now. I just want to discuss music or whatever and have a good conversation.

Anyway, I really enjoyed reading your reply. It was a really good read.
    I agree! Grown people really should not be doing this regardless. If they're not ok when this happens to them, they should not be doing this to others. I know that, speaking for myself, I spend way too much time thinking about why something went wrong and, since I don't have enough information or answers, I start to think that maybe I needed to rethink what I did or said and, honestly, it's just not worth it imo. Again, easier said than done lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

hellraid (02-04-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Ghosting definitely sucks, especially when trying to look for a job. A simple rejection email would go a long way.

Pronouns
    bur/den
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    6d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m