27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

volunteer abroad

sooo, I've been thinking and I need to do something. So I am thinking I should do one of these volunteer programs. There is a lot. But I am not sure where I should go. At this time everything sounds amazing. But I am still torned between Australia, Canada or somehere in the states. I am the person who would be happy to do anyhing. So pretty much help out people on their farm or whatever. Is it a bad idea, like is it to much of a long-stretch?

I understand that it is difificult as it is already. Maybe I should look into somewhere in Europe as well? I would't mind. Europe is pretty. But I just want to escape everything. It's not like I don't love my country, it's just not for me right now.

I am so scared to take this leap, but I talked to my aunt this evening and she told me she'd kick my ass if I didn't do this :k

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Hey if it sounds good to you and you’ve thought it through, I see no down side. I’m sure anybody would be happy to have volunteers help them out, the world is a tough place to be in sometimes. It would be a good opportunity for you to explore somewhere new too I’m sure!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

3. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

hellraid (07-29-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraid View Post
    sooo, I've been thinking and I need to do something. So I am thinking I should do one of these volunteer programs. There is a lot. But I am not sure where I should go. At this time everything sounds amazing. But I am still torned between Australia, Canada or somehere in the states. I am the person who would be happy to do anyhing. So pretty much help out people on their farm or whatever. Is it a bad idea, like is it to much of a long-stretch?

I understand that it is difificult as it is already. Maybe I should look into somewhere in Europe as well? I would't mind. Europe is pretty. But I just want to escape everything. It's not like I don't love my country, it's just not for me right now.

I am so scared to take this leap, but I talked to my aunt this evening and she told me she'd kick my ass if I didn't do this :k
    Where are you from?
    I know that a lot of north americans go volunteer to south america. A lot of people to help and also cheap.
    I mean, Canada, Australia and the States are awesome, but I don't think they need that much help volunteering than a poor country.
    Also south america is gorgeus!

But also, yeah. Do what makes YOU happy

Edit: Nice cookie bar! I want itttt!
    Last edited by Tyranitar; 07-29-2023 at 05:51 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Hey if it sounds good to you and you’ve thought it through, I see no down side. I’m sure anybody would be happy to have volunteers help them out, the world is a tough place to be in sometimes. It would be a good opportunity for you to explore somewhere new too I’m sure!
    I know, I am so excited to do this. I am not quite sure where to start. It does feel good that I have support of family though. So they will back me up. I just need to do something to turn my life around you know? Just not sure where to start or how to take that leap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Where are you from?
    I know that a lot of north americans go volunteer to south america. A lot of people to help and also cheap.
    I mean, Canada, Australia and the States are awesome, but I don't think they need that much help volunteering than a poor country.
    Also south america is gorgeus!

But also, yeah. Do what makes YOU happy
    Oooh I live in Sweden, so it's kind of a big leap.

I mean I would not turn down any country to be fair. If I can't get a job here might as well just help others in need.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraid View Post
    I know, I am so excited to do this. I am not quite sure where to start. It does feel good that I have support of family though. So they will back me up. I just need to do something to turn my life around you know? Just not sure where to start or how to take that leap
    I’m a big supporter of just jumping into something scary and going for it. Granted, I’m a thinker and like to attack a problem or thought from every angle before I jump into it. But once you make up your mind after doing that, you can rest assured that you made the right choice and thought it through
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

7. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

hellraid (07-29-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I’m a big supporter of just jumping into something scary and going for it. Granted, I’m a thinker and like to attack a problem or thought from every angle before I jump into it. But once you make up your mind after doing that, you can rest assured that you made the right choice and thought it through
    I've never been like that to be honest. I've always been the safe good old guy. Just keep living their life because it's safe. But it is fucking boring (sorry. don't ban me D I have made up my mind. Now it's just a matter of where I should go. It would look good on my cv as well.
    @(you need an account to see links) I know right? So lucky with the userbar, Jebus christ

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (07-29-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I think this kind of thing can be great, but would probably look into any sort of organization you work with to make sure it isn't too voluntourist-y, but I know even within organizations it can vary a lot. It might not be the type of volunteering you're into, but I've met a lot of people over the years who had great experiences (you need an account to see links), but I think there might be mixed reviews overall, I'm not sure?
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I think this kind of thing can be great, but would probably look into any sort of organization you work with to make sure it isn't too voluntourist-y, but I know even within organizations it can vary a lot. It might not be the type of volunteering you're into, but I've met a lot of people over the years who had great experiences (you need an account to see links), but I think there might be mixed reviews overall, I'm not sure?
    I will do the woofing for sure, it does sound the easiest. I've seen a few post to reach out through facebook as well. Woofing for me has always felt like the go to. But I've always been to scared to do anything. But who cares now. I need to stop being a chicken and just do

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-29-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 3h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Overall it sounds like a great idea and opportunity! The States in general would be amazing, but would definitely depend on exactly where, and what sort of volunteer work it was. Also I'm not sure if 'distance from home is a thing' but Australia would maybe be a bit too far in that regard?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

hellraid (07-31-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Overall it sounds like a great idea and opportunity! The States in general would be amazing, but would definitely depend on exactly where, and what sort of volunteer work it was. Also I'm not sure if 'distance from home is a thing' but Australia would maybe be a bit too far in that regard?
    Yeah I actually have no idea. I am just spitballing right now. I've seen a few Swedish people living in Australia needing help to take care of their farm and familly though. Right now I can't find the damn post though. They probably already found enough people for the season though