Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Quote Originally Posted by aymo View Post
    Yup thats exactly what i'm saying.
    I gotchu!! I admit maybe I didn't fully understand the maths when I read your post, but I knew something was off
    I'm not the best with numbers but... there's gotta be some explanation right??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

aymo (01-24-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    21d 11h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Yes, but BOTH 5 packs have bonuses. Yet only one 5 pack is cheaper than five singles. The Deluxe 5 pack is cheaper than 5 deluxe singles. The normal 5 pack is more -expensive- than five singles. Why the discrepancy in pricing????
    I am aware of that, yes. But like I said above, the Deluxe 5-Bundle also has bonus items that increase its value, yet the total cost is still lower than buying 5 deluxe singles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    I think what aymo is saying is that despite the bonus value added, the deluxe 5 pack is STILL cheaper than getting 5 deluxe singles, whereas for the normal kits this isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maki View Post
    I'm not the best with numbers but... there's gotta be some explanation right??
    Ok based on these comments I think I understand what you are both getting at lol

If you look at it from the angle of numerical fairness (e.g. both 5-Bundles should offer the same percentage of discount overall compared to individual purchases), it looks uneven.

But if you look at it from the angle of incentivizing NC purchases, it makes sense. TNT deliberately made the most expensive bundle have the highest percentage discount, which is a common practice. The goal of it is to make it look like a better deal than the other pack and therefore more appealing, even though comparing the packs is comparing apples and oranges (gacha vs. non-gacha item values are not quantifiable unless you know / can infer the gacha's probabilities).

They want you to spend the 3,000NC (or 6,000NC) and think 'wow this is a great deal!' while you're doing it.
    Last edited by Vis; 01-24-2024 at 05:52 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

Maki (01-24-2024),Miri (01-24-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Ok based on these comments I think I understand what you are both getting at lol

If you look at it from the angle of numerical fairness (e.g. both 5-Bundles should offer the same percentage of discount overall compared to individual purchases), it looks uneven.

But if you look at it from the angle of incentivizing NC purchases, it makes sense. TNT deliberately made the most expensive bundle have the highest percentage discount, which is a common practice. The goal of it is to make it look like a better deal than the other pack and therefore more appealing, even though comparing the packs is comparing apples and oranges (gacha vs. non-gacha item values are not quantifiable unless you know / can infer the gacha's probabilities).

They want you to spend the 3,000NC (or 6,000NC) and think 'wow this is a great deal!' while you're doing it.

I would normally buy a multi pack because it's cheaper than buying the items individually, and also to get a nice bonus prize along with it. People don't really do much math in general... so they probably would not notice that five single random NC tokens are cheaper than the 5 bundle. The bonus item is supposed to be a little prize for buying a pack, not a part of the computation of the price of the multi pack (in my personal opinion).

But again, most people wouldn't give the bundles a second look. They will just assume its a good deal. Maybe it still is a good deal, but if you only want 5 random tokens, and have no need for a bonus 6th token, may as well just buy the 5 tokens.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aymo For This Useful Post:

Maki (01-24-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    i feel odd cash grab vibes from all this lol.

If they can release 3 colors they could've released it all. feels slimy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Baklava; 01-27-2024 at 07:26 PM.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It does feel like a cash grab.

I'm cool with UCs being obtainable, lord knows I've wanted a RB Kyrii for a decade lol

But I wish you needed to have the corresponding colour as well, not just the species. I know they were worried about inflation (I think grey PBs skyrocketed to 20mil when the UC revival was announced), but they could counteract that by putting the UC-related PBs in the Hidden Tower, or something like that.

It feels a bit hollow shelling out fifteen bucks and getting your dreamie with a few clicks of a button, lol. I understand they're hurting for cash, but dang.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novaray For This Useful Post:

Maki (01-24-2024),Pringle (01-24-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaray View Post
    It does feel like a cash grab.

I'm cool with UCs being obtainable, lord knows I've wanted a RB Kyrii for a decade lol

But I wish you needed to have the corresponding colour as well, not just the species. I know they were worried about inflation (I think grey PBs skyrocketed to 20mil when the UC revival was announced), but they could counteract that by putting the UC-related PBs in the Hidden Tower, or something like that.

It feels a bit hollow shelling out fifteen bucks and getting your dreamie with a few clicks of a button, lol. I understand they're hurting for cash, but dang.
    Yea that's why it feels a. bit weird now. Because you dont even need to paint your pet.
    prior to 2007 you had to put in work..

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    121 times
    Time Online
    39d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel View Post
    Yah okay, that is truth.
    I don't know, why they did this.
    Like why put two Randoms into the Deluxe Bundle. When I buy Deluxe, I don't want to gamble.
    TNT logic.
    I gambled with my "free" gacha supplies ngl it was kind of exhilarating

Custom Ryu by @Zapdos

By me

By @honeycomb

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wooloo For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (01-24-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    21d 11h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I would normally buy a multi pack because it's cheaper than buying the items individually, and also to get a nice bonus prize along with it. People don't really do much math in general... so they probably would not notice that five single random NC tokens are cheaper than the 5 bundle. The bonus item is supposed to be a little prize for buying a pack, not a part of the computation of the price of the multi pack (in my personal opinion).

But again, most people wouldn't give the bundles a second look. They will just assume its a good deal. Maybe it still is a good deal, but if you only want 5 random tokens, and have no need for a bonus 6th token, may as well just buy the 5 tokens.
    My phrasing made it sound more mathematical than it actually is. Because as you and Maki saw, even at a single glance, one was noticeably a better deal than the other. That's instinct at a level that barely requires any calculation.

It's valid that people have different purchasing habits when it comes to how deeply they consider deals, but that is missing the point I was making. You and Maki questioned why TNT would price one so much better than the other, and my answer was that TNT just wants it to instantly look like the better deal out of the two bundles, even if you don't do deeper calculations.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

Miri (01-24-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    My phrasing made it sound more mathematical than it actually is. Because as you and Maki saw, even at a single glance, one was noticeably a better deal than the other. That's instinct at a level that barely requires any calculation.

It's valid that people have different purchasing habits when it comes to how deeply they consider deals, but that is missing the point I was making. You and Maki questioned why TNT would price one so much better than the other, and my answer was that TNT just wants it to instantly look like the better deal out of the two bundles, even if you don't do deeper calculations.
    Do you feel that people just see TNT as stupid and slow?

I think majority underestimate them (the current owners)

u 'mirin?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miri For This Useful Post:

Parrot (01-25-2024),Sakuras (01-25-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    21d 11h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Do you feel that people just see TNT as stupid and slow?

I think majority underestimate them (the current owners)
    I've never actually considered this before lol, only gone as far as vaguely feeling there exists friction between the user base and TNT. But I can see where you're coming from. In the interest of not going off the topic of NC UCs, I'll message you instead