Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    29d 17h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel View Post
    From what they said in the AMA, pirate is very likely.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I've been lurking a bit but I feel like actually posting because of this most recent fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    On a personal basis, I really think what I object to is feeling lied to - saying people should have seen this coming isn't quite the case. TNT both old and new have *consistently* said that OGUCs wouldn't be touched and would retain trading value / be distinguishable from NCUC. It is, in fact, one of the only things they've been consistent about.

The decision to autoconvert all pets and stop OGUC owners from being able to trade pets they already own and worked for came out of the blue a week before they plan to do it and with no chance for feedback or discussion.

I say this every time but if TNT could manage to be open about their plans ahead of time and let their users make plans of their own they would deal with WAY less of the drama rollercoaster they constantly seem to be on now. They're barely a month out from upsetting their userbase with peas in santa hats, which came less than a month after upsetting people with poorly thought out parameters for the faerie festival. I truly feel that what they are trying for is overall good but wish they could figure out how to communicate better and stop shooting themselves in the foot. Just like the advent calendar ended up having bad vibes for a lot of people despite giving out some amazing things, here is another amazing thing they've managed to execute in a way that's caused negativity and had their players turning on each other.

I just want to have fun and play with my pretty pixels, IDK.
    This, 10000% this. They've consistently dropped the ball on clearly communicating to their userbase what is happening next. I understand keeping things secret in order to "tease" an upcoming change but the level of secrecy has caused nothing but anxiety and speculation. It seems that they don't tell us anything because they themselves aren't sure how things are going to work until the day they release something, and the faerie festival and SuAP nonsense are great examples of this. Even now, why not tell us how much this will cost? Why not be clear about how exactly this will work? Just let people know so they can make plans or mentally prepare!

I don't personally own any UCs but over the last few days, I've watch the pound chat have meltdowns and discord erupt while reddit took screenshots and laughed. People have poured countless hours into this site and I have seen RW/VWN/BD pets get traded for BN UCs. Now the former is going to skyrocket in value while justinbieber38934 converts to a regular ol' baby kougra come Tuesday. There are also people who spent millions of NPs painting their pets in preparation because they were under the impression the pets would need to be pre-painted for the NCUC item to work. This all could have been told to us months ago when this was being planned.
    Last edited by WrongTree; 01-19-2024 at 06:40 PM. Reason: a word

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WrongTree For This Useful Post:

billions (01-20-2024),birdies (01-20-2024),cregganwhitehare (01-21-2024),Fiore (01-20-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (01-19-2024),Ice (01-23-2024),NeopetLandy (01-20-2024),parakeet (01-22-2024),Politoed (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I am absolute having a blast watching that discussion on the site events board about ucs not being auto converted.
    The funny thing is they've been operating in this bubble on the site, and now they get to experience utter boredom that 99% everyone else has been going through since KQ and Habi died.

Anyways I'm hopeful and excited that the process goes well. Not sure that i'll buy one because i like customizing, but i might think about it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Baklava For This Useful Post:

♥ Pam ♥ (01-21-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by porridge View Post
    This is great, I think people lose perspective on how long ago 2007 was (17 years!!) and how terribly off-putting UC trading is for newer and returning players. I know some people enjoy trading, but I can imagine that many more were driven away by seemingly inaccessible goals since most VWN++ and RWs have been taken years ago by people also hoping to get UCS and your other avenues like training your pets can take years.
    I know it's upset a lot of players but I agree with you. I've been a long time player myself and I've owned UC's where I'd spent countless hours, days, months and years trying to up trade for a decently named UC pet - like the entire thing is off putting, and frankly not fun at all, it just sucks the enjoyment out of trading tbh. I think this is refreshing and sort of needed.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Corliss (01-20-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (01-20-2024),Styx (01-20-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 6h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongTree View Post
    I've been lurking a bit but I feel like actually posting because of this most recent fiasco.

This, 10000% this. They've consistently dropped the ball on clearly communicating to their userbase what is happening next. I understand keeping things secret in order to "tease" an upcoming change but the level of secrecy has caused nothing but anxiety and speculation. It seems that they don't tell us anything because they themselves aren't sure how things are going to work until the day they release something, and the faerie festival and SuAP nonsense are great examples of this. Even now, why not tell us how much this will cost? Why not be clear about how exactly this will work? Just let people know so they can make plans or mentally prepare!

I don't personally own any UCs but over the last few days, I've watch the pound chat have meltdowns and discord erupt while reddit took screenshots and laughed. People have poured countless hours into this site and I have seen RW/VWN/BD pets get traded for BN UCs. Now the former is going to skyrocket in value while justinbieber38934 converts to a regular ol' baby kougra come Tuesday. There are also people who spent millions of NPs painting their pets in preparation because they were under the impression the pets would need to be pre-painted for the NCUC item to work. This all could have been told to us months ago when this was being planned.
    I don't understand why they've been teasing so much while being vague when answering our questions. I was hoping to at least get an answer as to how much this will cost. Should I buy a ton of NC cards? Will only a couple suffice? Sure the deluxe styling tokens or whatever they're called are tradable now, but will that change? Should I have moved my UCs over to my main to get the tokens off them? Will those tokens be tradable? Are they consumed once used? Like I'd hate to have cool UC tokens stuck on an account I don't intend to invest in!

A quickie FAQ page would have been nice from them while they get things ready for Tuesday. How this will affect trading because I'm kinda under the impression these NC UCS won't be tradeable or have some kind of restriction implemented (hence the pound being under maintenance). It's a lot to take in knowing that all UCs will be converted and basically "won't exist" anymore.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (01-20-2024),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-20-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (01-20-2024),Mangle (01-20-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    How much it will cost should be the FIRST piece of information they shared about it. It's unsettling that they are trying to create hype around it and tout it as reinvigorating the site, while not being transparent about the monetary portion.

It seems like the pets themselves will be tradable, but not as UCs. Each individual owner will have to purchase the NC UC style for each pet if I am understanding their information correctly.

It is really weird to essentially force-convert all UCs.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Tray For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-21-2024),Charmander (01-21-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 18m
    I really hope they roll out this supposed FAQ tomorrow before the downtime so we can all sort through it and have a game plan for Tuesday's launch.

Something I am still wondering- will the Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies from Stocking Stufftacular serve as a "whatever you want" NC UC item? There's no way to choose what it's for now and I'm not sure how it would be specified later otherwise.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

Charmander (01-21-2024),Taffycat (01-22-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Tray View Post
    How much it will cost should be the FIRST piece of information they shared about it. It's unsettling that they are trying to create hype around it and tout it as reinvigorating the site, while not being transparent about the monetary portion.

It seems like the pets themselves will be tradable, but not as UCs. Each individual owner will have to purchase the NC UC style for each pet if I am understanding their information correctly.

It is really weird to essentially force-convert all UCs.
    I really don't want to be having to drop $20 a pet to turn them into UCs if that's what they end up doing hypothetically.

Wild idea, but I'm thinking maybe they're trying to go back to square one and make it a more 'even' playing field for any new members that consider joining?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    In a way it evens the playing field completely.

Now us naughty black market buyers aren't the only ones buying UC's.

Now everybody has to buy them... even if they already had them.

TNT gotta get that cash from us somehow.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Charmander (01-21-2024),Cinnamoroll (01-21-2024),DarkSkies (01-21-2024),Doggie (01-21-2024),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-21-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (01-21-2024),Totodile (01-21-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    I feel bad about it (maybe i AM a greedy elite!) but I'm already feeling a little different about my UCs now that they're going to be converted.

I'm thinking I might move some pets around because my UCs have fairly static custom designs, so I'll move them to a side and move over my converteds that I spend more time working on. Until now I've kept most of the UCs on my main just because it feels like my most secure account and they were the most 'at risk'. Perhaps I'll just keep my oldest and most meaningful UCs on my main.

Something I'm wondering about - we've been told we don't have to paint our pets the color we want them to be so... what's it going to look like on their lookup? Are we going to have 'Pookie the green draik' who is wearing a grey draik NC outfit, or will it be 'The NC style draik' or 'The grey draik'. I think that will matter to (some) people.
    Last edited by birdies; 01-22-2024 at 08:04 PM.