30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicleaf View Post
    I just don't think we went in with any well-formulated plan, and really if I was to promote my new game, I wouldn't do it via discord; twitter would be a better platform for that, surely? Or Facebook maybe, more reach. As for the crypto stuff, I have zero idea of what it even is so personally no opinion, but I mean, if he could make a game like neopet's where we actually made real money? Like if NP's were the equivalent to a certain percentage in real life, who wouldn't want that?
    I agree. He probably went in out of curiosity hoping to find like minded people who would be interested in a spin off. Whatever plan he has did not go right though, at all!

It depends how crypto is utilized. There are many different directions that I could see it being incorporated and used. Question is whether it would be done correctly or haphazardly.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    It
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I agree. He probably went in out of curiosity hoping to find like minded people who would be interested in a spin off. Whatever plan he has did not go right though, at all!

It depends how crypto is utilized. There are many different directions that I could see it being incorporated and used. Question is whether it would be done correctly or haphazardly.
    He gives me budget Elon-Musk vibes lol. And hmmm, is there anything currently available in the market that is similar right now? I mean, I'm sure crypto did come from a game originally or something similar, the whole 'mining for crypto' phrase gives me that impression. I should probably look into it, I just feel like it's a deep-dive I will be in for the next several years.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magicleaf For This Useful Post:

Numbkins (06-30-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-30-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    He gives me budget Elon-Musk vibes lol. And hmmm, is there anything currently available in the market that is similar right now? I mean, I'm sure crypto did come from a game originally or something similar, the whole 'mining for crypto' phrase gives me that impression. I should probably look into it, I just feel like it's a deep-dive I will be in for the next several years.
    I can absolutely see that. Maybe just by the vibe he gives off. Maybe he is just stuck on what he’s done in the past and trying to figure out where he is going from here. Idk him personally so no clue what he’s been up to.

Crypto didn’t originate from a game perspective though. More accurate to say certain games were spawned from crypto, realistically blockchain, technologies and incorporated that way. Crypto is everything - store of value, interoperability, CBDCs, logistics, gambling, monetary services, storage solutions, on and on. Interesting stuff.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Corliss (07-03-2023),Shawn (07-02-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    In my couple years of observing, there are legit coins and scam coins. A lot of celebrity has-beens likes some rappers, lindsay lohan etc. do pump & dump coins. Other coins are legit and worth following. We have yet to see what Adam ultimately does with his site but it'll be interesting to continue watching the developments he makes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    In my couple years of observing, there are legit coins and scam coins. A lot of celebrity has-beens likes some rappers, lindsay lohan etc. do pump & dump coins. Other coins are legit and worth following. We have yet to see what Adam ultimately does with his site but it'll be interesting to continue watching the developments he makes.
    You are absolutely correct there. There are shit coins that have no utility and no purpose other than to pump them and get some poor sap to buy into it.. all before it crashes and burns. Those can be profitable if you time it and don’t get attached, I prefer to sit in long term holds.

I still vote Adam jumps on ck and shares some cool stories with us. I’m sure we have plenty of people who would beta test things. Reminds me of ArcanePets, which somebody from ck developed. It was a pretty cool mobile game but randomly died unfortunately.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

funnybell (07-19-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    You are absolutely correct there. There are shit coins that have no utility and no purpose other than to pump them and get some poor sap to buy into it.. all before it crashes and burns. Those can be profitable if you time it and don’t get attached, I prefer to sit in long term holds.

I still vote Adam jumps on ck and shares some cool stories with us. I’m sure we have plenty of people who would beta test things. Reminds me of ArcanePets, which somebody from ck developed. It was a pretty cool mobile game but randomly died unfortunately.
    Long term holds are the way to go!

I sure hope he does. The conversations here would definitely be more in-depth and worthy of discussion. If I were brave I'd message him on discord but I am not.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I caught some of this yesterday and it just felt so... bizarre? even a little bit manic. like what purpose did any of that serve him? so so so odd.

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-30-2023),Charizard (06-30-2023),Crooked (06-30-2023),mixednuts (06-30-2023),Sakuras (06-30-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-30-2023),Zenitsu (06-30-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I'm still struggling to believe all this is real.. granted I didn't do any digging to draw a different conclusion. It just seems very troll-y of someone.
    If it is him, I wonder if he's going through something because that was.. odd. Wish him the best.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-30-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    185 times
    Time Online
    44d 6h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    I'm still struggling to believe all this is real.. granted I didn't do any digging to draw a different conclusion. It just seems very troll-y of someone.
    If it is him, I wonder if he's going through something because that was.. odd. Wish him the best.
    It definitely looks like it's him. It's odd for sure though. You almost can't help but chuckle.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (06-30-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    I just don't think we went in with any well-formulated plan, and really if I was to promote my new game, I wouldn't do it via discord; twitter would be a better platform for that, surely? Or Facebook maybe, more reach.
    Setting aside the fact that Adam did not read the room at all in regards to how people feel about crypto, he didn't even really promote his game. Yeah people were heckling him, but he didn't really provide any sort of explanation about what the game even is. I don't know why he wouldn't have had something typed up ahead of time to copy and paste. He didn't even take a minute or two to type out anything of substance. It's like you were saying, it seems like he had a couple of coronas and popped into the Neocord expecting people to kiss his ass and hype up his upteenth project. If Adam and Donna has taken the time to put together an organized presentation of their project, they probably would have piqued the interest of people who either feel neutrally about crypto or are into it, at the very least. Going on discord and reddit to throw a temper tantrum at your built-in fanbase isn't a good look.

Seeing the screenshots from the Dragginz server also left a bad taste in my mouth. If those are the sorts of people that would be making up the Dragginz community, I don't think I want any part in it anyways.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-30-2023),Alister (06-30-2023),Buizel (06-30-2023),Cocobutter (06-30-2023),Ice (06-30-2023),Magicleaf (06-30-2023),mixednuts (06-30-2023),peachling (07-01-2023),Sakuras (06-30-2023)