DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I went to high school with a girl who got pregnant at 16. She still finished high school, and now she and the father are happily married four years later.

Theirs is a rare case, though, to be sure. Sometimes I think I did some pretty crazy stuff in HS, then I look at what the kids nowadays are doing and realize I was pretty tame, lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Humans shouldn't be able to get pregnant so young lol
    They haven't had to work an 80 hour week or pay bills or do any adulting. They don't know what the real world is like and if they don't, they would be scared to death. They need to study and get good grades, not have babies. Ugh.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I was also the pregnant girl in high school and some of these posts make me want to cry and take me back to walking through the halls with the whispers.

I was 16 almost 17 when I had my daughter. I had been with her father for over a year before we decided to do anything and I ended up pregnant the first time.
    I had a job, paid a baby sitter, and went to school. I graduated with a 3.75, having to be home bound for 6 months while I was pregnant due to complications. I received multiple scholarships to go to college and made it a full two years before dropping out. I simply did not have time between a full time job and mom and chose to have more time with my baby girl. I did not have my second child until I was 23 and now have my tubes tied. I do receive a medical card for each of my children, but have only received food stamps for 6 months, when I was pregnant with my second child. I do have a job that is food/gas but I get full benefits there (other than medical). While my boyfriend and I did split up for a short time, we are now talking about marriage. I don't know why I typed that all other than maybe people wont think so low of all high school mothers.

I do wish I had waited, but my little girl wouldn't be who she is and neither would I.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to googleport For This Useful Post:

Allegra (03-26-2016),Lyric (03-20-2016),Teakwood (03-20-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 1h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I honestly can't pass judgment because I wasn't one of those people in that type of situation. We had multiple girls who had gotten pregnant in high school, one as young as 14. I personally wouldn't want to have to sit through the ridicule of being a teen mom, because usually it doesn't end so well.

I've seen both ends of the spectrums, where it turns out well or really bad, like one girl who had three kids throughout high school and is now living off the government because she doesn't want to work, and another girl, who is in her last year of law school, and now has two kids.

It could work out either way, and quite honestly, unless you were in that kind of situation, which just seems like two people from this thread, you have no reason to pass judgment. You don't know how hard it was for them. You don't know what they went through. So instead of making comments like, "you haven't experienced life" "you don't know what working 80+ hour work weeks is like". Say congrats to the ones who did make it, and made something of themselves. Because honestly, you're no better than anybody else in this world.

Thank you Hellraid <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Lyric (03-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I couldn't imagine what some of you lovely cK'ers went through during high school. Kids are awful at that age.

There were a couple of pregnancies whilst I was in HS but I guess my group just didn't care. I know one dropped out and the other one lost custody of her kid a few years ago...so kudos to you awesome parents.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Lyric (03-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Honestly shoutouts to @(you need an account to see links) for being such a strong and wonderful mama to her babies, I'm so proud of you.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elf For This Useful Post:

Curse (03-21-2016),Lyric (03-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Just curious to the young moms here. If you were able to look into the crystal ball of future, your child is now doing the similar things you did in high school that led to you getting pregnant. Whatever that was as it could literally be any reason. What do you do? You can see the warning signs, maybe a dumb crush on a guy and you see it going downhill, or you have a son who you found out is having sex so young. Again, whatever the reason. Would you stop them from going down the same path as you, or would you say you just made your own future here is a pat on the back for good luck as you will need it.

I ask because any one of us without kids right now, who may want to in the future, will go through this. The unknown of whether or not our future children will be pregnant in high school. We do not know the warning signs or patterns that maybe you do, and only you know as you truly lived it. I am scared shitless that my future kids would go down this route. I can hope that sex ed classes and my own talks would steer them away from the potential situation but you cannot control your kids. They will still do whatever they want, hormonal kids are that way. It just worries me big time. I do not want to be a Grandma in less time than I was a mother.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    51d 10h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    Just curious to the young moms here. If you were able to look into the crystal ball of future, your child is now doing the similar things you did in high school that led to you getting pregnant. Whatever that was as it could literally be any reason. What do you do? You can see the warning signs, maybe a dumb crush on a guy and you see it going downhill, or you have a son who you found out is having sex so young. Again, whatever the reason. Would you stop them from going down the same path as you, or would you say you just made your own future here is a pat on the back for good luck as you will need it.

I ask because any one of us without kids right now, who may want to in the future, will go through this. The unknown of whether or not our future children will be pregnant in high school. We do not know the warning signs or patterns that maybe you do, and only you know as you truly lived it. I am scared shitless that my future kids would go down this route. I can hope that sex ed classes and my own talks would steer them away from the potential situation but you cannot control your kids. They will still do whatever they want, hormonal kids are that way. It just worries me big time. I do not want to be a Grandma in less time than I was a mother.

@(you need an account to see links) thank you

Sci, that is an excellent question. I have already been through this with my brother in law when he was in his teenage years and started to 'explore'. I explained that things happen out of his control so it's best to learn as much as possible and never hesitate to talk to me. I was very firm on that. TALK TO ME. You get a girl pregnant, talk to me we'll figure shit out. You contact a STD, talk to me I'll take you into the doctor discreetly.

When my own children start to ask questions I won't hold anything back. I won't shelter them and act like sex doesn't exist. I'll tell them everything, make them feel confident enough to ask questions, not feel weird about talking it over with their mother.

I learned from experience with my brother in law. I bought him countless boxes of condoms and now he's in his twenties and making very good decisions regarding sex and relationships. What I did for him I'll do with my own children. I'll provide knowledge and a friend to talk to. While, also, of course, being their parent.

I didn't have any of that above. I was living in a very sheltered, naive world that didn't explain what sex did other than what I saw on movies. I won't let that ignorance in my children's lives.

Here's to some awesome, intellectual sexual education and making good choices! xD

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyric For This Useful Post:

potatoespotate (03-25-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    53 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyric View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) thank you

Sci, that is an excellent question. I have already been through this with my brother in law when he was in his teenage years and started to 'explore'. I explained that things happen out of his control so it's best to learn as much as possible and never hesitate to talk to me. I was very firm on that. TALK TO ME. You get a girl pregnant, talk to me we'll figure shit out. You contact a STD, talk to me I'll take you into the doctor discreetly.

When my own children start to ask questions I won't hold anything back. I won't shelter them and act like sex doesn't exist. I'll tell them everything, make them feel confident enough to ask questions, not feel weird about talking it over with their mother.

I learned from experience with my brother in law. I bought him countless boxes of condoms and now he's in his twenties and making very good decisions regarding sex and relationships. What I did for him I'll do with my own children. I'll provide knowledge and a friend to talk to. While, also, of course, being their parent.

I didn't have any of that above. I was living in a very sheltered, naive world that didn't explain what sex did other than what I saw on movies. I won't let that ignorance in my children's lives.

Here's to some awesome, intellectual sexual education and making good choices! xD
    This. I also was sheltered. I want my daughter to be able to come to me and tell me if and when she thinks she is ready. Of course I will try to steer her clear, but I know what it is like to be a teenager and sometimes hearing no only makes you want to do it more. My daughter is almost 9 now, she knows some stuff already. If she asks I do not lie, I may maneuver around certain details to suit her age, but I don't lie. I grew up being raised my my grandma, I knew what my period was and was so scared to say anything I hid it. I fell in love and didn't know who to talk to. Had I had someone, perhaps I would have known that antibiotics void your birth control that my doctor had prescribed for acne and that I wasn't in fact protected at that point. I would have known more risks of not using condoms and wouldn't have said OK. I don't know, maybe I would have.

My aunt studied child psychology and did this with her children, was as open an honest as she could be for their ages. My cousin is now 17 and came to his mother a few weeks ago to tell her he was ready. She talked to him about everything involved and it steered him clear for a few weeks and he came back, she talked to him again and he decided he was not ready. Two weeks pass and he came again to tell her he was ready. She said at that point she knew it was going to happen either way. His dad bought him his first set of condoms and he had sex with his girlfriend, but he was prepared. That's not to say something is not going to happen for sure, because no one knows that but at least she tried no matter how uncomfortable it was. That is what I want for my daughters.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to googleport For This Useful Post:

Lyric (03-21-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    51d 10h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by googleport View Post
    This. I also was sheltered. I want my daughter to be able to come to me and tell me if and when she thinks she is ready. Of course I will try to steer her clear, but I know what it is like to be a teenager and sometimes hearing no only makes you want to do it more. My daughter is almost 9 now, she knows some stuff already. If she asks I do not lie, I may maneuver around certain details to suit her age, but I don't lie. I grew up being raised my my grandma, I knew what my period was and was so scared to say anything I hid it. I fell in love and didn't know who to talk to. Had I had someone, perhaps I would have known that antibiotics void your birth control that my doctor had prescribed for acne and that I wasn't in fact protected at that point. I would have known more risks of not using condoms and wouldn't have said OK. I don't know, maybe I would have.

My aunt studied child psychology and did this with her children, was as open an honest as she could be for their ages. My cousin is now 17 and came to his mother a few weeks ago to tell her he was ready. She talked to him about everything involved and it steered him clear for a few weeks and he came back, she talked to him again and he decided he was not ready. Two weeks pass and he came again to tell her he was ready. She said at that point she knew it was going to happen either way. His dad bought him his first set of condoms and he had sex with his girlfriend, but he was prepared. That's not to say something is not going to happen for sure, because no one knows that but at least she tried no matter how uncomfortable it was. That is what I want for my daughters.
    Your daughters are going to appreciate your support and honesty. Thank you for sharing. <3