DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I'm gonna force myself to expect nothing so I won't be disappointed, haha.

I do wonder what this means for future plans like NC UCs and if any of the current staff are staying.
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 16h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Is neo down? Cant access anything, wheels not loading, bank go 403 forbidden.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Izakaya View Post
    Is neo down? Cant access anything, wheels not loading, bank go 403 forbidden.
    It is loading fine for me, only been viewing AC pages however.

Pronouns
    female
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 19h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    The uc converter item would probably be a temporary "be gone" spray from the nc mall.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wreathy For This Useful Post:

howdy (06-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Ooooh, Neopets coming to Canada? Getting my resume ready. Hopefully one of the interview questions isn't "Do you clraik?"

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Charizard (07-05-2023),howdy (06-20-2023),Ice (06-20-2023),Lyrichord (06-20-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreathy View Post
    The uc converter item would probably be a temporary "be gone" spray from the nc mall.
    "Conversion-be-gone"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I’m secretly hoping that when they do, if they do, come out with the UC paint brush thing that the pets are no trade. Fingers crossed.
    I'm just curious, why do you want them to be no trade?
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

9. The Following User Says Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Wreathy (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) can't speak for Andrew but I also am extremely pro-making whatever reintroduction of UC be somewhat non-tradeable in some way, based on how it's implemented.

For example in the event TNT does the whackadoo and ACTUALLY changes a pet's status on-site as UC from converted, that "UC" pet shouldn't be allowed to move off your account without reverting to its converted state, kind of like how Lutaris used to be stuck on your account. If it's implemented as a cash item, like a filter or other static equipable, then by site rules you could not engage in any kind of pet for an "UC" pet trade since that would be equivalent to trading a pet for NC item. Instead you would have to do NC item for NC item (the UC-er item) trade.

All this is for the sake of retaining some semblance of value for original UCs for whatever reason - make people who worked really hard to collect their UCs not have their efforts go up in dust, preserve UC trading, hell it will even still prevent the full on collapse of our black market haha. Personally as someone who has tons of "original" UCs, I would rather not see my investment and efforts go up in smoke. :p I definitely get how the other side would argue for the exact opposite, essentially deregulating UCs completely and letting anyone and everyone get them.

But there have also been arguments to be made that longevity wise, if everyone could just buy their dream UC without still working through UC trades or NC item trades, what will people have to work toward after? I think there should still be levels of difficulty/rarity in obtaining or owning certain pets, as at the end of the day this is still a game and we don't want people to get their goals and then just dip. Just my two cents!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (06-20-2023),howdy (06-20-2023),I_royalty_I (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I'm hoping they will sell Neopets to another company and invest more money into the game. It feels kinda soulless with mostly just neocash item releases. Neopets has a doomsday feeling every year but I feel like it will still survive haha this game just does not die

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

parakeet (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 23h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    "Conversion-be-gone"
    Well that would be an option after they tried others be gone lol

I understand both Royal and Ice postures about not wanting to be tradable and at some point it will make your pets safer from others wanting to take them away in future.

I also get the sight of wanting to share with everyone and make trading easier. At the end it's TNT's choice about how they will approach this because the site needs the income for sure so they have to secure some cash too (but please don't make it random like caps please don't xd)

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) unfortunately I don't have very high hopes of Neo being bought by another company for a turnaround - something like this will most likely only be seen as a sort of weirdly small but stable profit over time as long as they keep doing soulless NC releases :'( but I'd love to be proven wrong!

@(you need an account to see links) at the very least I think the last time we got little crumbs of discussions regarding the NC UCs, when they polled us the results were (iirc) overwhelmingly against any kind of RNG/gacha element so I could have sworn someone (this must have been back during the uhhhh what were their names... Stephanie and the other weird one time. aka before Ivy and Willow became the ~face~ of TNT. Right Scrappy and gutterfoot lol took me a second) said they were definitely trying to lean away from that, so fingers crossed! Tbh I don't know if I would invest in NC UCs if they were RNG gated solely on that principle lol... fuck RNG and gacha all my homies hate it

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (06-21-2023)