DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    It's been a really busy summer. My dad offered me his old house (his dad passed several years ago and he inherited his newer place). When I say this house is old, I mean like 125 and left uninhabited for the last few years. I've been fixing it up so I can hopefully move in here in a few months. Fingers crossed!

Outside of that, just been fixing up and playing with yard sale tech. This year, I found a 6th gen iPod Nano, a 5th gen iPad, an old ThinkPad that used to belong to the local middle school, a few CRTs. I got other stuff too, but those are the highlights.

I socialized too somewhat, chilling with friends and playing Pokemon Go with my folks. It's been a time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Raposa For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-12-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    122d 18h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Nothing of real note happened since it was mostly working, and moving from one city to the next. Ngl I've been feeling pretty burnt out when it comes to doing that every so often and there's already talk abt this happenibg agaib next year. /sighs.
    I've mostly been slowly trying to relocate everything and steadily get the house ready for fall lol. Glad summer's almost over tbh.
    dunno what to do with this...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hydrapple For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-12-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    We've been quiet this summer, because we're expecting our first baby in February! So lots of house hunting alternated with lazy days.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Had an amazing summer! Despite some setbacks we've had a good time. Looking forward to the weather cooling off and the holidays to come around.
    I think my favorite memories were definitely our weekend trips enjoying various fun centers.
    Had a blast on neo, met my best friend and got all I could wish for this summer as well!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-12-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I went camping for the first time which was exciting! It was a weeklong car camping trip. Lots of driving and finding these really isolated campsites down some of the worst old service and logging roads I've ever been down. If I do it again I'd definitely reduce the amount of driving and spend more time at campsites in the mornings to actually enjoy them more!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tra-guy View Post
    I went camping for the first time which was exciting! It was a weeklong car camping trip. Lots of driving and finding these really isolated campsites down some of the worst old service and logging roads I've ever been down. If I do it again I'd definitely reduce the amount of driving and spend more time at campsites in the mornings to actually enjoy them more!
    man, if the skeets werent so bad here, id def go but i'll be a magnet for them. rip camping~ sounds so fun though!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    This summer was pretty epic. I had a trip planned to Colombia but my friend missed couldn't find his passport and we literally missed the flight, minutes from boarding it was such a let down. Then 3 weeks later we went to Oaxaca, Mexico for a bachelor vacation. It was a surf town taken over by expats called Puerto Escondido. Super cool spot that I recommend. You find a lot of it mentioned on TikTok.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Summer was so nice. I am off in the summer so I enjoyed playing my backlog of games and watching all the TV and movies I missed!

I played a lot of Pokemon SV and Go, watched Ted Lasso, went to some live shows, etc. It was wonderful but I'm really looking forward to fall <3

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

Pronouns
    πŸ«ŽπŸ¦«πŸπŸ’ she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    157d 16h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Ghoul View Post
    It was a summer of growth for this ol' ghoulie.
    I'm not someone who copes well with high temperatures, so the past few summers I've been a bit of a shut in, high anxiety and sensory issues keep me inside and I miss out on a lot of life;
    But! No more, I challenged myself this summer to get out there, to go for walks even if I felt like the temperature was too high, and I started seeing a therapist.
    There was an event I really wanted to get to go to; I'm agoraphobic as well, but limited to my hometown, travelling is really difficult to me, and this event was in another country, let alone outdoors in the heat of the summer; It was really hard, a lot of the time, there was a lot of crying and a lot of panic attacks; when I left my home country I cried most of the way.

But! I did it, I went, even though I really didn't think I would be able to, even though, if you asked me a few months ago, I would have said I would never have been able to go; outside and in the summer AND out of country? No way, not a chance in hell. And??? It was the best day of my life, I had so much fun even though the temperature exceeded my temperature limit by 14 degrees, I didn't let my fear get the best of me, and it was so rewarding and so worth it. Especially to have spent all summer working hard to grow and change, it was so rewarding to Make It Happen.

I feel like such a healthier person now, like I've changed so much for the better, I'm making plans to go on little trips outside of my comfort zone, I don't obsessively check the weather anymore. I feel like I've got so much of my life back.

This has been the best summer in years. Happy Summer, CK!
    That's so great to hear! Congrats on getting those supports and overcoming that fear/anxiety to go to the concert. I hope you enjoyed every minute of it and it now opens the door for more experiences for you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raposa View Post
    It's been a really busy summer. My dad offered me his old house (his dad passed several years ago and he inherited his newer place). When I say this house is old, I mean like 125 and left uninhabited for the last few years. I've been fixing it up so I can hopefully move in here in a few months. Fingers crossed!

Outside of that, just been fixing up and playing with yard sale tech. This year, I found a 6th gen iPod Nano, a 5th gen iPad, an old ThinkPad that used to belong to the local middle school, a few CRTs. I got other stuff too, but those are the highlights.

I socialized too somewhat, chilling with friends and playing Pokemon Go with my folks. It's been a time.
    Oh how neat to be fixing up an old hone lime that. Where I live I don't think I have even seen a home that old. I think the climate was a bit too harsh for them to last. That would be a lot of fun to work on as those.homes.have such character. Thanks for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sho Minamimoto View Post
    Nothing of real note happened since it was mostly working, and moving from one city to the next. Ngl I've been feeling pretty burnt out when it comes to doing that every so often and there's already talk abt this happenibg agaib next year. /sighs.
    I've mostly been slowly trying to relocate everything and steadily get the house ready for fall lol. Glad summer's almost over tbh.
    Sorry to hear about your summer. Hopefully you can get settled in a recovery and not have to move again so you can enjoy next summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by myonlyappeal View Post
    We've been quiet this summer, because we're expecting our first baby in February! So lots of house hunting alternated with lazy days.
    Congrats on your baby!! How exciting! House hunting can be a lot of fun and also "nesting" to get.it all ready for the baby to come. I know when we were moving I was addicted to Pinterest for room set up and decorating ideas. Happy House Hunting!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-guy View Post
    Oooh how fun! I love.camping but in a trailer...haha so I like to "glamp". When you say car camping do you mean sleeping out of your car as well? Or just packing everything up in your car and tenting? I am guessing the former. Either way good on yah and I'm glad.you enjoyed the experience and explore more next year!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard View Post
    Had an amazing summer! Despite some setbacks we've had a good time. Looking forward to the weather cooling off and the holidays to come around.
    I think my favorite memories were definitely our weekend trips enjoying various fun centers.
    Had a blast on neo, met my best friend and got all I could wish for this summer as well!
    That's so great to hear! Glad you made the most of summer. Thanks for sharing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkeh View Post
    This summer was pretty epic. I had a trip planned to Colombia but my friend missed couldn't find his passport and we literally missed the flight, minutes from boarding it was such a let down. Then 3 weeks later we went to Oaxaca, Mexico for a bachelor vacation. It was a surf town taken over by expats called Puerto Escondido. Super cool spot that I recommend. You find a lot of it mentioned on TikTok.
    Oh man bummer about your Columbia trip. That would have been a pretty cool trip. Hopefully you can go back next year. I'll also need to look up the place in Mexico. I love going there and would like to see some new areas!

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mothmen View Post
    Summer was so nice. I am off in the summer so I enjoyed playing my backlog of games and watching all the TV and movies I missed!

I played a lot of Pokemon SV and Go, watched Ted Lasso, went to some live shows, etc. It was wonderful but I'm really looking forward to fall <3
    Sounds like you got to catch up on some much needed you time! I also got to play lots of SV as well in my down time.i am also looking forward to fll. I find it is the best weather of the year!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Charizard (09-13-2023),myonlyappeal (09-14-2023),Nameless Ghoul (09-12-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    5d 16h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    That's so great to hear! Congrats on getting those supports and overcoming that fear/anxiety to go to the concert. I hope you enjoyed every minute of it and it now opens the door for more experiences for you!!
    I absolutely enjoyed every minute, it was a total lifechanging experience; but even if it had sucked the biggest reward has been what a notable turning point it has been for me with recovering and overcoming the enemy that was my brain. I will be outside and when I get home realize it's been like 10 degrees over the temperatures I was previously able to handle and I didn't notice or even thought it was a nice day, and I've been able to travel so much further from my home than I used to be able to. It's wild what positive reinforcement can do when challenging anxiety.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nameless Ghoul For This Useful Post:

Charmander (09-13-2023)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast