Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's with this mystery UFA trend spike on the PC? and more UFA culture complaints

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    56d 6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I was never a fan of adoption processes in neo.*I created five detailed petpage applications with fleshed out characters (character and story illustrations, all that jazz) before my faith in uc adoption processes were completely destroyed and replaced with pure utter hatred. Since then I am enjoying the game a lot more with all the UCs I bought, the amount of time it took me to earn the money I paid for my pets far less compared to the hours I've dedicated to uc applications.

I hate that people expect others to spend weeks on applications for a pet they have very slim to no chance of getting.*There's nothing I hate more than wasting other people's time.*Disclaimers are bullshit, you are definitely forced to make a petpage application if you want a chance at getting that uc pet. Almost every foster will expect you to make a petpage application, otherwise they wouldn't make the deadlines so horribly long. Also a special shout out to the "80% of my decision will be my judgement of your account, but I expect you to pull all stops for that remaining 20% which is your app )))" fosters. Fuck y'all

Everyone is biased towards something, it's impossible not to be. Fosters are no exception. They will nitpick everything and turn down perfectly acceptable applicants for the dumbest reasons. I know that if a stranger rubs me the wrong way they aren't getting my pet. A user's account/pets is the main representation of their dedication the game, everything in their pages should be all you need to decide whether or not you want them to have your pet. I'm all for short neomail applications but anything more than that is just a waste of time, really.

Mystery adoptions are such a joke, why make people apply for a pet they don't even know exists? I just found the rules page of one the other day and you can just see how much they revel in that false sense of superiority from having an UC ufa. Literally what is the point of having a public list of rejected applicants with links to their applications displayed for all to see, other than for the foster to humiliate them? And all that noise for a low tier uc that you can buy here with pocket change lmaoo

*And the idea that only deserving owners are those*who spends hours creating fancy applications, have tons of well developed character pages and amazing artwork is absolutely insane. Of course those people are definitely dedicated and deserving, but the hours they spend building shrines for their pets doesn't make them any more of a deserving owner than those who don't care for character development. Its a fucking game. It's a fucking neopet. Just liking a pet for whatever reason makes you a deserving owner already.*

Also I'm sorry, but that blumaroo is deadass ugly LOL
    I don't care whether or not they have a ck account. Fuck them.*Their pet, their rules - Sure, but those rules are literally garbage and so is their personality. They're just like every other foster who gets off the attention they get for having a uc ufa.*If you are reading this and you are planning to applying for the blum, please please please save your time and what's left of your dignity and just buy the pet you want.

TLDR; uc adoption processes are a waste of time, just get your pets from clraik

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    3d 18h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It is ugly and it has a horrific name.

He's literally complaining how "lame" it is that he only received 10 apps so far. Why would you want more applications unless a.) all of them are terrible apps, and if that's the case, just say what you need to say or b.) you don't feel like you have been applauded for your kindness enough. And the message could easily be construed as him disprivileging Neomail applications (of which he has plenty), which isn't something that you're supposed to do.

Also, one of his 'joke' rules is to make art of HIS characters, if I read the rules correctly (and it seems like this is a hard thing in itself to accomplish, according to how displeased he is). Not the Blum, HIS characters.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    6d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    A user's account/pets is the main representation of their dedication the game, everything in their pages should be all you need to decide whether or not you want them to have your pet.
    I really wish people did genuinely care about that. I was always sentimental about my pets, loved the game as a whole, but I wasn't into this character building trend where every neopet has to have custom drawn art and stories on display about it. It's just not how I play the game and I guess that makes me an unfit owner? No matter how long I had been playing or how nice my account was, all anyone is interested in are players who want to do all that other stuff that isn't really even a part of the game IMO. How many of the players that adopt out their pets even do that themselves?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thankfully not all uc fosters are like that, I have adopted mid tier ish uc just based on my accounts. Granted this is two three years ago.

Also why would someone spend SOO LONG just reading all those apps... I wouldn't haha. I rather just skim accounts and get it over with.
    Personally I dont care about other people's characters of the pet since the said pet is no longer mine.... I have gifted uc on whim just cos they seemed like nice person and actually do something with this website.

Most fosters nowaday just want their ego lick about their generosity. Spending so much time on a pet 'you no longer want' seems really... contradictive.

Easiest way to get uc: spend a few dollar and just buy it. One less night out = a pretty decent pet imho

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    13d 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by olivehead View Post
    Has anyone seen the UC Sponge currently UFA over PC and the boards/rules for it? Christ, I just noticed it and it's exactly what I'm talking about.

Sorry if that's any of you, wouldn't want to put a CKer on blast but...
    are you talking about the roo?
    i was going to apply buttt
    tfw i have a few ucs, tfw i'm not a good artist, tfw they seem so cranky and serious and they expect the world for their bn tier 4,
    the juice is simply not worth the squeeze

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You should see that UC sponge owner's boards, they are the most cringe-inducing things I have ever read in a long while.

"I'll be honest I'm really disappointed by the amount (or lack of) apps I've received for clover."

Then people pointed out that the reason why there are few apps is because the rules are too strict.

"im not defensive b baka but thanks
    my rules keeps away the scrubs i dont want applying "

"Nah m8 i'm so used to this salt
    if this continues im gonna pass out lollipops to people like children get when they get shots
    maybe scooby too bandages to patch up the butt hurt "

"I think its funny people are mad at me being rude
    well of course i'm being rude
    i'm not apathetic enough not to notice that. I'm just a rood dood "

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alilquicker For This Useful Post:

♥ cherub ♥ (01-17-2016),olivehead (01-17-2016),Ribbon (01-17-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    7d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Whenever I see long lists and rules and stuff for ufa ucs I can understand.

I have tried to put ucs ufa before and never succeeded in going through the whole process.
    because too many people ask stupid questions, or don't add a disclaimer, or tell me what I don't want to hear
    For example I don't care if you don't feed a uc, but I want to know you are active.

Long rules are there because of precautions and past experiences.
    try putting a uc ufa, just do it.

The pc are all idiots who need to be spoon fed to every last detail to do anything correctly.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I'm so, so glad to see some hate on this sponge owner. Almost every time I looked at their board a few weeks ago there was someone commending them on their "honesty" or something as stupid. There was one board where I saw upwards of four people, people who weren't even allowed to apply, commending the foster. For a good time I thought I was in the twilight zone where it was A-OKAY to be a complete narcissistic jerk and get away with it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    71d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    I actually wanted that sponge, but I don't fit the requirements and I felt like it was too much of a hassle to try and recreate what the owner wanted.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Does anyone have a link to the UFA page/rules? I kinda want to see lol.