Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    23d 8h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    It would be great if they fixed the battledome!! I�ll agree giving us a battle centered plot with the current BD we have is a little dumb... but I feel like they just don�t have the staff/programmers around anymore to work on that. They are giving the user base what they want, people have been chanting PLOT for years. Customization and pet trading right now are what the majority of the user base are into, so that�s what TNT is working on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Botan For This Useful Post:

donuts210 (10-28-2017),neofreak (10-28-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I don't think a majority of the "complainers" are just whiny little bitches that need a nap or a time out. A lot of them bring up really good points, express why they feel that way, and offer up their own ideas or suggestions on how to improve those areas they see as a problem. Why is that a bad thing?
    Last edited by neofreak; 10-28-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    9d 20h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I appreciate the fact that we are finally getting some communication. It has been too long without staff and player interaction. The answers scrappy is giving might not be what you want to hear, but at the minimum she is at least trying to make the site better. Scrappy asked for a few things to be mailed to her, and she also said she would talk to the respective team, hopefully we should be seeing minor changes/improvements in the upcoming days/weeks. That being said though, if we don't see anything changing/improving in the upcoming weeks, I think it's fair to discredit what Scrappy tells us.

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    157d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I do like the acceptance of having user created shields and avatars as a random contest and the potential of those being used in the future by the site. There are a lot of creative minds on the site and I think they are definitely a valuable source for TNT to tap.

And who knows....maybe now with this newer acquisition they are working on fixing the BD and that is why the plot is stated to be delayed. It is the first major plot for the new owners and maybe they are working on getting everything right to impress the user base. This is just my theory though. Personally I would rather have a plot/event delayed a few weeks than participating in a glitched and broken event.

I still feel that it is ridiculous for members to be asking for a map/outline/timeline of TNT's plans for the site. C'mon people! I like the surprise when there is a new change to the site like the day the additional pet slot was added or the attack of the Wraiths on the Faerie Festival. You shouldn't feel the need to be entitled to all of what TNT is planning. Just chill and go along for the ride and enjoy the surprise when something new is added or even something old is fixed.

I do feel bad for Scrappy. You can definitely tell that some of the criticism is taking a tole. I know I would get a little snappy if I had to deal with what she is. Not only is she dealing with this on the boards but I can only imagine what her inbox can be like some days! I am not saying she is perfect there are things that could be dealt with better but give the girl a break. She may have been thrust into this position to deal with the neopublic by other staff. Or drew the short straw out of everyone who knows. Overall, I don't think it's fair to shit on her for things that are out of her control, and neopians are toeing a fine line; she may finally decide one day she is sick of it and shut down all communication.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Botan (10-28-2017),Yeri (11-02-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I appreciate Scrappy's efforts, but to be honest I think she should be replaced. She doesn't seem to have any experience in customer service and isn't doing very well. At this rate she's just going to burn out.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tiramisu For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (10-29-2017),Malarkey (10-28-2017),neofreak (10-28-2017),Polux (10-28-2017),Riviera (10-29-2017),tribbianitribble (10-28-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    19h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't know that it is a generational issue as much as a general expectation of how a company should perform. Especially a company that asks for money. Nearly everything on Neopets is broken, and people are tired of it. I currently have a dispute open on Paypal because I paid for a premium membership that never got activated. If you submit a ticket to TNT, it can go literally years without even being looked at. That's just horrible customer service, and there isn't an excuse for it. I say that as someone who is too socially anxious to send a steak back at a restaurant if it was cooked the wrong way, and I really don't consider myself spoiled or entitled in the least. It's just common sense for a company... If you're asking for money for a service, you might want to actually provide that service to the people who buy it.

If TNT is unwilling or unable to respond to tickets and provide the services that they supposedly offer, they need to rethink their structure entirely or just shut down the site. Selling the site to even lesser staffed companies every couple of years clearly isn't working out too well for them. And I actually agree with one of the posters in that screenshot... Maybe TNT does need to look into the idea of volunteer staffing. Lord knows NP is full of users who are skilled in coding and who would be willing to help. Hell, I would help them for free if there was a place for me (customer service, social media managing, etc). They just need to get it together one way or another, and the current path they're on is obviously not the way.

I think the frustration in these posts stems not just from the plot being delayed or taking too long or whatever people are thinking. It's the general chaos of the site and apparent lack of concern on TNT's part. They ignore tickets for years but shell out NC items every week to string along the players who are willing to hold onto the site for nostalgia's sake. It's unprofessional and ridiculous. The BD is broken. KQ is broken. Habi is broken. It's gotten really old.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phoenixfeathers For This Useful Post:

Buckley (10-29-2017),DevotedD (10-29-2017),neofreak (10-29-2017),Riviera (10-29-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    49 times
    Time Online
    93d 17h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    That's the problem with neopets/society.

Staff completely ignores us, people complain. Staff 'tries' to engage & more people complain.
    Players are bitter.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    Is it a good idea for a staff member to go to the boards to defend their inefficiency?

No, because this is what happens...
    and it just makes the staff look unprofessional and like people you can go around to yell at their face with no consequences.

This.

I think she is trying to play 2 roles mixing friendship (or w/e you want to call it) with business. Friendship + business rarely go well together because you give people more hope than what actually exists. Idk if they forget that majority of the player base are paying adults who don't want "tehehehe" answers 100% of the time.
    They need to allocate someone to do the "Neopets" friendly interactions in the editorial, and then someone who informs/takes criticisms etc on site happenings. It's too much for 1 person (Scrappy) to handle.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 23h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I feel like Scrappy's true problem is that she is too open to the public. Any professional TNT person shouldn't be posting on the boards like that with regular users. Not to mention whatever she says is put on display and analyzed so much that no matter what she says people are going to hate it. She needs to stop worrying about reaching out and just focus on getting projects moving quicker. I get she wants to reach everyone on their own level but it's basically like she is feeding herself to the wolves at this point.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 23h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Squingo View Post
    Neither side of this issue are wrong. The team should be providing updates on the plot and the players need to understand the plot takes time to make.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

I disagree with this though. It's a good idea to have a sort of community ambassador. It's just that the ambassador also needs to have a high tolerance for hostility and a sense of professionalism, something Scrappy I feel has neither of.
    I do agree with that, that there needs to be someone communicating the goings on however my point is that Scrappy, although her intentions may be good, is doing far more harm than good because she is handling things so wrong and by constantly fueling the fire she is making herself an easy target for ridicule. Idk I just think her whole motive up to this point is just digging her a deeper hole lol