Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is everyone really that surprised that JS only cares about the NC side of Neopets now?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    What I don't understand about JS is that they bought a website knowing good and well that it has been up since 1999 and has it's own way of doing things and rather than maintaining the simple things like news updates, tickets, or just generally talking to us about issues they are experiencing, we hear nothing, we get no updates on things. I feel like it's one thing for them to say "we don't have enough time to have these things out on time" or "we have decided this won't be done" but instead they just don't say anything and expect everyone to overlook a lot of crucial site aspects. But rather than any of us ignoring these things we get angry and it's not like we can send tickets or anything expressing our frustrations because normal wait times for tickets are months... I just feel like they need to manage their priorities a lot better. I feel like they are half-assing so much of the stuff they do... even NC Mall. Just simple things like removing the fall store in winter. It's a money making part of the site and they aren't even keeping up with that!
    You have to remember that JumpStart didn't buy it from Donna and Adam (TNT). They bought it from Viacom. Viacom left it in crumbles and JumpStart is trying to piece it back together. Jumpstart can't be blamed for Viacom's terrible managing. It seems though JumpStart has been quite useless, but I believe its just them recovering.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bettser For This Useful Post:

cloudxcrash (12-07-2015),Corliss (12-10-2015),Spunky (12-07-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 23h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    You have to remember that JumpStart didn't buy it from Donna and Adam (TNT). They bought it from Viacom. Viacom left it in crumbles and JumpStart is trying to piece it back together. Jumpstart can't be blamed for Viacom's terrible managing. It seems though JumpStart has been quite useless, but I believe its just them recovering.
    As terrible as Viacom was, they still had a better hold on things than JS, in my opinion. I am sure much of that is because they still had a few original staffers from Donna and Adam days but they held up the site a lot nicer. Most of my time on the site was when Viacom owned it so it's what I know the best and compared to JS, I would prefer Viacom... Plus, Viacom being a larger, possibly more successful company probably has a lot to do with why they managed the site a lot better... Neopets isn't really a profitable site on it's own if you really think about it. At least I wouldn't think it would be...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 21h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Hasn't nc taken priority for a long ass time now? I actually liked some of the new np items. I don't really give a fuck about useless items though they can stop making those please. Its just site clutter at this point.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Viacom only cared about NC. So where's the difference? Neopets is a business, and a business's bottom line is to turn a profit. That's all. They couldn't give less of a shit about their free users. It doesn't matter who runs the show.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 23h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Viacom only cared about NC. So where's the difference? Neopets is a business, and a business's bottom line is to turn a profit. That's all. They couldn't give less of a shit about their free users. It doesn't matter who runs the show.
    I do somewhat agree with that. But Viacom just did a better job with upkeep, even if it was mostly NC. I think with JS they don't maintain the site to nearly the same par.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    They're trying, the don't even know how the site works and we are just complaining, neo have a lot of hard time and this is one of them.
    Just wait. Or neo is gonna die o float. We never know.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

I do somewhat agree with that. But Viacom just did a better job with upkeep, even if it was mostly NC. I think with JS they don't maintain the site to nearly the same par.
    JS have the site as broke as viacom left it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    *poof* i want money c:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Honestly, the most bizarre thing to me is just that Neopets is probably just a bunch of adults in an office trying to figure out what the hell they are doing

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    78 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I mean it honestly sucks because they are killing so many loyal users because they just gave up on half of the aspects

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    As terrible as Viacom was, they still had a better hold on things than JS, in my opinion. I am sure much of that is because they still had a few original staffers from Donna and Adam days but they held up the site a lot nicer. Most of my time on the site was when Viacom owned it so it's what I know the best and compared to JS, I would prefer Viacom... Plus, Viacom being a larger, possibly more successful company probably has a lot to do with why they managed the site a lot better... Neopets isn't really a profitable site on it's own if you really think about it. At least I wouldn't think it would be...
    Viacom had much, MUCH more assets set aside than Jumpstart.
    Jumpstart started out by getting rid of some of those because they probably weren't up to par, or were too costly for them to keep.

After the transition, I'm sure no one expected the shit show of a dupe storm that followed, and with their minimal assets, had to being working on fixing that, on top of other things that they had already factored to take care of. After the duping their were a bunch of other issues that came into play, and to this day, Jumpstart is still trying to transition their site towards what they want.
    The shit art might be a little more acceptable for kids than people our ages, so maybe they're just trying to appeal to the younger crowd more than they are the adults at the moment? I dunno. Maybe they'll get new artists to work on the art too.

They're tryin' at least. And with as little as they have, and the mess Viacom left left them with, I'm thankful enough for getting the GMC since it's been a year or two since we last saw one. Hell, maybe Daily Dare will be back next March as well. I think Jumpstart is doin' pretty well for what they were left to work with. But that's just me.
    Last edited by Mophead; 12-07-2015 at 09:18 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mophead For This Useful Post:

genesis (12-09-2015),Kawaii (12-07-2015),Skarner (12-07-2015)