15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (02-07-2024),Alister (02-07-2024),caviar (02-07-2024),Ghastly (02-07-2024),Hollow (02-07-2024),♥ lint ♥ (02-07-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (02-07-2024),Styx (02-08-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Lol @(you need an account to see links) it's so true.

I've also spent so much money getting fillings and other dental stuff done. I rarely eat sugary foods.

Meanwhile my husband can drink pepsi everyday and eat candy and never floss and only has had 1 cavity in his entire life

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novaray For This Useful Post:

caviar (02-07-2024),Excalibur (02-08-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I definitely need to change my routine soon, my skin hasn't been agreeing with me lately. I'm not sure what else I should add though to try and stop the acne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novaray View Post
    Lol @(you need an account to see links) it's so true.

I've also spent so much money getting fillings and other dental stuff done. I rarely eat sugary foods.

Meanwhile my husband can drink pepsi everyday and eat candy and never floss and only has had 1 cavity in his entire life
    I have to get a cavity filled soon, brb crying ;;

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    21d 12h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    Honestly based, it's infinitely easier to get into a routine/habit if it's something that you know you'll follow thru with! So many days where I come home late and I curse myself for having a routine that takes 10 minutes when I just want to go straight to bed lol. I used to use the same Ordinary exfoliating solution, how do you like it? I just didn't like that I had to leave it on and then wash it off after 10 min, so I ended up switching
    I like what it does for my skin! Started out with BHA and AHA separately, also using a very weak AHA (mandelic acid) but it turns out my face can tolerate the blood red solution instead lol. Looks horrendous when it first goes on my face, like some horror movie.

The 10 minute wait used to annoy me because I'd be out of the bathroom doing something else, then would have to interrupt whatever I'm doing to go back and wash. So I just started to stay in the bathroom and do squats while watching a video or something until the 10min timer dings LOL

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-08-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    My skin before was similar to yours, in which I had combo skin (specifically T-zone/mostly forehead) and had a lot of breakouts in that area. After getting a routine together, I feel like my skin type has kind of evened out, with some dry spots and my nose staying a bit oily. The main thing for me was that my breakouts decreased and left a lot quicker when I started skin cycling. I don't break out as often now, and acne usually leaves within 2-4 days now, which is really nice.
    And yes, SPF is so important!! How do you like the CeraVe SPF? I started with that one, but it felt really thick, so I switched to Supergoop Unseen sunscreen after trying my friends (it feels like you're putting on a primer and is so nice but is quite expensive). Now I'm currently using MISSHA Essence Sunmilk from Amazon which is a bit cheaper and feels so light on the skin!
    I started out with just cerave sunscreen but it turned me into a ghost....so then I found moisturizer+spf and it's better, but feels a bit too oily. My skin doesn't seem to mind though.

@(you need an account to see links) you are so right.... I destest having woman hormones so much. One imbalanced day can ruin my face lol.

On the topic of teeth....floss, water floss, brush, mouthwash 2x day... I never had more than 2 cavities but my partner has almost no teeth and gets infections at least twice a year. It's brutal. Please everyone take care of your teeth!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-08-2024),Ghastly (02-08-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (02-07-2024),ponysoprano (02-08-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I highly recommend the SPF, it's fantastic! It also doesn't sting around the eyes which is a plus for me The retinol is good, I'd say it's a little drying so deffo use a moisturiser straight after! I've been looking for a new retinol/retinal once I'm done with Paula's Choice though, but I'm not sure which to go for next, do you happen to have any good recommendations? I've found that I much prefer Korean skincare too

To add about the cleanser, The Inky list is a really great affordable brand, very comparable to The Ordinary. I found that their cleanser really helped with clearing my acne They do a few other cleansers too if you find salicylic acid drying!
    Last edited by Hollow; 02-07-2024 at 06:16 PM.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-08-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

I highly recommend the SPF, it's fantastic! It also doesn't sting around the eyes which is a plus for me The retinol is good, I'd say it's a little drying so deffo use a moisturiser straight after! I've been looking for a new retinol/retinal once I'm done with Paula's Choice though, but I'm not sure which to go for next, do you happen to have any good recommendations? I've found that I much prefer Korean skincare too

To add about the cleanser, The Inky list is a really great affordable brand, very comparable to The Ordinary. I found that their cleanser really helped with clearing my acne They do a few other cleansers too if you find salicylic acid drying!
    I've heard really good things about the Some By Mi .1% Retinol serum! I remember it blew up on tiktok, and I saved it but totally forgot about it! I think my friend uses the COSRX .5% Retinol oil and has recommended that one as well. I worry a little, since my skins is already used to a 1% retinol serum, if a lower % serum might not work as well? So I might try the COSRX and see how it goes, but also k-beauty has never led me astray haha

I'll definitely try the Inky List cleanser then, I love when products are in the $10-20 price range! It feels a lot more low commitment and I don't feel pressured to finish the bottle if I don't love the product!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghastly For This Useful Post:

Hollow (02-08-2024)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Here's mine!

Daily:
    - Cleanse with a gentle lightweight cleanser, currently using Cetaphil
    - Apply a moisturizer with SPF

Nightly:
    - Use micellar water to remove makeup
    -Cleanse with a gentle cleanser

2-4x Weekly (Closer to 2 in winter):
    - Exfoliate with Peach Slices Exfoliating Toner (decent Paula's Choice dupe for around $10!)

I also do gua sha with a light oil every other day, honestly idk if it does anything lol but it's very relaxing and feels decadent

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ponysoprano For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-08-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I didn't have a skin care routine until I started living with my wife (then girlfriend). I still don't know what I'm doing, but she goes 'use this' and I use it. It seems to be working.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-08-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    I've heard really good things about the Some By Mi .1% Retinol serum! I remember it blew up on tiktok, and I saved it but totally forgot about it! I think my friend uses the COSRX .5% Retinol oil and has recommended that one as well. I worry a little, since my skins is already used to a 1% retinol serum, if a lower % serum might not work as well? So I might try the COSRX and see how it goes, but also k-beauty has never led me astray haha

I'll definitely try the Inky List cleanser then, I love when products are in the $10-20 price range! It feels a lot more low commitment and I don't feel pressured to finish the bottle if I don't love the product!
    Oh! I'm going to have to add the Some By Mi retinol to the list now! I feel the same, I'm used to using 1% so I don't want to go lower incase there's no effect on my skin anymore xD Yes try the Inky list! They have such great product range that are really nice and affordable

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-08-2024)