Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Hello, new and confused here

Hello!

I've been having trouble getting my goals on neopets and I've been considering buying some stuff... but I'm completely new to it. The sites that a friend has used before are currently down for whatever reason, so I thought I would join here to try to scope things out.

But when I got here, I got extremely overwhelmed... All the rules, talk of rep and programs and bumping rules and such is all veeeery confusing to me.

I would really appreciate any help to understand how things work here to see if this is a community that I fit into

thanks in advance~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krogan For This Useful Post:

Crow (06-28-2019),sugarsneak (06-28-2019)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Hey, @(you need an account to see links)! Welcome to our community! Our rules may appear daunting at first, but we've made them to ensure that our forum is a fair, safe and reliable marketplace and social network. If I had to summarize them, I'd say that we'd like for our members to be friendly and engaged, and for our sellers to be reliable and trustworthy.

The best way to get started is to make yourself known (which you've already done with this introduction), then jump into some of our conversations around the forum. We have plenty of things to talk about, and you'd be welcome to start a discussion of your own as well!

We are a peer reviewed market, wherein our buyers and sellers rate each other based on their level of mutual satisfaction. Members with positive iTrader ratings and reputations are considered to be the most favorable to purchase from, sell to or trade with, so you'll want to look out for that while you shop around. We have everything that you can imagine for sale here, and plenty of awesome folks to buy from!

I hope that helps to clarify things a bit! If you have any more questions, then please don't hesitate to ask!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Crow (06-28-2019),honeybadger (06-28-2019),krogan (06-28-2019),Mama Bear (06-28-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Well, welcome! Introducing yourself is the first and hardest part. I lurked for quite a while before I ever said peep (I think).

Have a peek around; if you're most interested in Neopets, read through some of the Neopets Chat threads and you'll get a sense of our community. If something sparks your interest, reply! That said, if a discussion has been dead for a while sometimes it's better to start a new topic, or see if what you wanted to say is applicable in a more active ongoing discussion thread.

If you have any questions you can always post them, just try and make it to the right board so you get the kind of folks answering who are knowledgable about your question. A LOT of questions have been asked many many times, so you can use the search function first to see if that gives you an answer without saying a word.

Stay and chat a while, I think you'll find a pretty neat and diverse group of people -- you're bound to fit in somewhere, really!

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Bat (06-28-2019),krogan (06-28-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you both for the welcome!!
    @(you need an account to see links) First off, I gotta say that I love that bat icon so much, it's great!

I totally understand the need for the rules, it's just a bit daunting all at once. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it the more I poke around.

Oh, one question that I had, just because I didn't see a specific place for it - is it allowed to trade one site currency for another? I have a lot of currency on Flight Rising and would be looking to trade that for Neopets stuff. I'm assuming it's allowed but wanted to make sure, and I was wondering where the best place to post for that would be?
    @(you need an account to see links) I'll definitely have a look around! I have anxiety but I'm gonna do my best to not let it get the best of me. I might lurk for a bit first but I'm sure I'll find something that interests me enough to chime in haha

thanks again for the help and for welcoming me to clraik!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hi there @(you need an account to see links)!

I lurked f-o-r-e-v-e-r before I posted anything. It's actually a good way to learn how things are done, from my experience.

I know literally nothing about programming/coding/scripts/buying/selling (outside of the NP economy).

Nothing.

I'd say my clraik newbie terror level was around 13/10 and my membership a WIP.

TBH I was a bit worried about breaking rules / looking stupid and I haven't got it right every time but, I have found the mods to be super-understanding and helpful and nobody yelled at me yet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sugarsneak For This Useful Post:

krogan (06-28-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by krogan View Post
    Thank you both for the welcome!!
    @(you need an account to see links) First off, I gotta say that I love that bat icon so much, it's great!

I totally understand the need for the rules, it's just a bit daunting all at once. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it the more I poke around.

Oh, one question that I had, just because I didn't see a specific place for it - is it allowed to trade one site currency for another? I have a lot of currency on Flight Rising and would be looking to trade that for Neopets stuff. I'm assuming it's allowed but wanted to make sure, and I was wondering where the best place to post for that would be?
    @(you need an account to see links) I'll definitely have a look around! I have anxiety but I'm gonna do my best to not let it get the best of me. I might lurk for a bit first but I'm sure I'll find something that interests me enough to chime in haha

thanks again for the help and for welcoming me to clraik!
    Welcome to our community.
    Regarding site currency, you could post it in either the NP or FR trading sections, but both wouldn't be allowed, as the same goods can only be in one thread. You'd need to decide which location would better suit what you were wanting to sell. So if you're trading FR for Neo, that'd go in the FR section. That's definitely allowed, as long as you're converting via the regulated rate of $2USD/1m Neopoints (I wouldn't have a clue about what FR is worth, sorry). So you couldn't trade $50 of FR for 100m ($200 worth) of Neopoints, if that makes sense. Honestly though, you'd probably have more luck selling for USD, then purchasing NP.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

krogan (06-28-2019)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    First, welcome to our forum!

As I always tell people, take a step back and just read to understand everything. It helps to do that and lurk around for a few days to wrap your head around the community. Honestly, I've been here since my registration date and it's not complicated at all.

Reading will get you far, and not just here but in life as well. It makes evertything easier as you'll already understand what's going on, and it can answer any potential questions you might have. It leads to a more successful lifestyle. Trust me.

We have stickied guides/topics in every forum section that is our main focus. All topics are extremely helpful and valuable.

See you around ~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

13. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

krogan (06-28-2019)