DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    If you were frozen for protection, that indicates to me that they suspect someone else is using / attempting to enter your account. Was the account one you created or was it something you obtain through other means?

As for throwing in the towel, only unless you think you're ready. Yeah neo takes a lot of free time, but if it brings you joy and isn't interfering with your personal life then I wouldn't give up yet. It slightly depends on how much you lost, but for a half-days work at even a minimum wage job, you could get a decent main and enough nps so you could build from there. Neo isn't an expensive habit, it's just time consuming. So decide if you want to free up your time with something else, or if the nostalgia, friends and BS drama are worth sticking around for.
    Last edited by Infiniti; 06-08-2019 at 08:58 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infiniti For This Useful Post:

Old but gold (06-08-2019),sugarsneak (06-08-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    48d 17h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    (you need an account to see links)

Previously: meowtain
    Always seeking to buy cute pet names. ♥

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowbunny For This Useful Post:

sugarsneak (06-08-2019),Winona (06-08-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm sorry this has happened to you @(you need an account to see links). I'm with what seems to be the majority - take a breather and think it over. That said - I am aware of the range of emotions a freezing can cause and I feel for you.

I don't know a lot about the process for frozen accounts and I haven't had much luck in the past with that myself but if I knew then what I know now, it might have turned out different so I'm unsure if this is helpful because it doesn't involve a freeze but it does involve being locked out (which had never happened to me before).

One day my p/w was working, the next it was not.

I was worried the account might have been compromised as that had happened before with a side where I had an UC for safe-keeping (oh, the irony) but I got that back no problem (the pet too - which had been moved already but thankfully not converted).

So, this time (and this was super-recently) I emailed support with my details, last p/w, PIN etc. and they asked for my original email from back in the day when Neo first started; I didn't know - FFS. I'm too disorganised to remember an email from when I was 12 or something.

Instead, I explained this and gave them a bunch of information "only I would know" but it seemed wasn't enough and they wanted that email address so I sent the details again, explaining there was NO WAY that I could know that email and voila - password reset.

TBH I was shocked as I was expecting a tussle of epic proportions and had settled myself to maybe weeks of to-ing and fro-ing with them and it actually took 48 hours.

I guess what I'm saying is, sometimes asking a few times can be helpful and I definitely prefer emailing support to the boards or the old ticketing system (my reports were never dealt wtih in a timely fashion or very efficiently - if at all). I wish I had known this when my other accounts were unfairly frozen (I swear - I did n-o-t-h-i-n-g sketchy) because maybe perseverance would have assisted me.

Also - making a record (even if it's screenies) of a few aspects that are particular to your account and keeping them on removable storage (away from your machine) is a sound idea and one I have seen suggested but never actually done (more fool me). Lesson learned.

I hope you get your account back - even if you don't stay on Neo in the long run - just on principle. I have thought about quitting a couple of times (no wonder really) but stick around because I just enjoy messing about with customising my pets and raising their stats - that's my thing - but, I don't like TNT's methods when it comes to account freezings. I understand it - I just don't think it is always dealt with correctly. If I had been frozen because I was cheating or defiantly breaking some rule or other I would have put my hands up and moved on. I was not and it still irks me to this day that they took accounts from me for no reason. It was claimed I was using an AB-er. Back then, I didn't even know what an AB-er was - never mind how to use one. It took me 3 days to work out how to use these forums. I am not tech-smart. AB-er indeed - it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
    Last edited by sugarsneak; 06-08-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've only actually ever had my account frozen once (for my own protection)-- at one point, I was known-ish for being an MSPP lender (I actually got it legit from the old trading card game prize codes). They froze for my own protection as someone got access to my account. I had a word document set up with details over time, old passwords, email address, neofriends, NC purchase logs, items in my SDB and closet. I forget where I heard you should do this-- it actually might have been here. I sent in the ticket with all the information copied and pasted from the word doc and had no issues getting the account back, however, someone had emptied out my gallery and inventory and all my nps were gone (the MSPP was miraculously untouched along with other valuables in my Safety Deposit Box) and most areas were actually PINed. But I remember thinking if I couldn't get my account back, I'd be done with the game.

But now I think more along the lines of give it time and if it's something you enjoy, you'll always end up coming back to it. Old habits and hobbies and all. But I do understand the overwhelming sense of loss that comes with this and then feeling silly because it's pixels and a virtual pet site and then rationalizing because it does have the nostalgia factor and it was a huge part of your life for so long etc. It's definitely a stages of grief thing. Give it some time and if you truly don't think you'd ever enjoy playing again, even casually, stepping back might be a good thing.

Something I've been thinking about recently is the idea that building something worthwhile and accomplished on Neo is incredibly hard in its current state. With people being frozen for no discernible reason or for paltry offenses happening so often. Even if you're a legit player, you fear for your account safety day in and day out. I've been working on my sides more often to make them, I don't know, worthier I guess? In case something happens? Have some of my painted pets I love stored there with some backup items so I don't have to start from scratch if something happens and I have things that I love on those accounts to hold on to if worse comes to worst. I feel like spreading your touchstones out might help? So you don't end up feeling like you've lost everything, you know? But then again, I've genuinely never understood chain freezing. I do remember IP bans where you couldn't create a new account from that IP address, it would automatically freeze you. Is that similar or does that even still happen?
    Last edited by pickledplumbs; 06-10-2019 at 09:15 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to pickledplumbs For This Useful Post:

ThePeanutExpress (06-10-2019)