15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcremie View Post
    I started out with just cerave sunscreen but it turned me into a ghost....so then I found moisturizer+spf and it's better, but feels a bit too oily. My skin doesn't seem to mind though.

@(you need an account to see links) you are so right.... I destest having woman hormones so much. One imbalanced day can ruin my face lol.

On the topic of teeth....floss, water floss, brush, mouthwash 2x day... I never had more than 2 cavities but my partner has almost no teeth and gets infections at least twice a year. It's brutal. Please everyone take care of your teeth!
    sorry for late response was working on palworld server stuffs lol. but yeah im sorry hehe! idk sometimes my soap just works !

Quote Originally Posted by Novaray View Post
    Lol @(you need an account to see links) it's so true.

I've also spent so much money getting fillings and other dental stuff done. I rarely eat sugary foods.

Meanwhile my husband can drink pepsi everyday and eat candy and never floss and only has had 1 cavity in his entire life
    it really is tbh slightly unfair haha! im sorry! this is why i love memes too XD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (02-08-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by ponysoprano View Post
    I also do gua sha with a light oil every other day, honestly idk if it does anything lol but it's very relaxing and feels decadent
    omg, I'm so curious about gua sha, how did you get into it? I see videos every now and then and it looks so relaxing, but also looks like it a bit painful? maybe the people I see doing it are just pushing down way too hard lol

Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    I didn't have a skin care routine until I started living with my wife (then girlfriend). I still don't know what I'm doing, but she goes 'use this' and I use it. It seems to be working.
    haha, this is the best way to get into it tho! I'm so curious what products your wife is having you use, I'm glad it's working out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Oh! I'm going to have to add the Some By Mi retinol to the list now! I feel the same, I'm used to using 1% so I don't want to go lower incase there's no effect on my skin anymore xD Yes try the Inky list! They have such great product range that are really nice and affordable
    yess, lmk how it is if/when you try it! I'm def going to try the COSRX .5% retinol & the Inkey List SA Cleanser and will lyk how it goes!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghastly For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-08-2024),Hollow (02-08-2024)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I think I probably saw it on tiktok or something! It's not painful for me at all, and I have really bad TMJ so I feel like it's helpful for relaxing my jaw and reducing puffiness in the morning you can actually use your fingers as well, you don't need a tool! (you need an account to see links) (can't verify that the claims in this video are all correct, but it is a good demonstration of finger gua sha)

i do each motion ten times, and be sure to use an oil or something that makes your skin slick so that you aren't tugging on your skin.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ponysoprano For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-09-2024)

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    77d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    I actually have NEVER worn make up in my 30 years of life, I dont like how it feels. I tried blush once and hated it... I actually just use a baby wipe and witch hazel. I do get compliments on my skin but I dont do anything fancy.

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-09-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    haha, this is the best way to get into it tho! I'm so curious what products your wife is having you use, I'm glad it's working out for you!
    I couldn't tell you if I wanted to lmao, but let me find out tonight.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-09-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Man I don't get skin care routines 😭 for my face anyway. I have sensitive cheeks, but my forehead and nose are oily and can withstand stronger stuff.

I also don't understand how much stuff you can put on your face. I've seen routines where people put like 5 layers of stuff and it just feels like it's getting mixed rather than being absorbed correctly. So if you put a layer of toner after you wash your face, then putting something else will sit on that toner layer, no?

Anyway for me, I try different products a lot to see what works best, but I don't have anything solidified. My priority with my face are a few spots where I have acne scars and I don't want to get chemical peels/lasers and was hoping some topical products could help with repairing the layer (dermis?) to lighten the visibility of the scars, but anyway, I basically wash my face, do some serum or toner after that, then some night cream. For the day, I basically wash the stuff off from the night before and maybe do something lighter like vitamin e oil or a lighter toner. I avoid sunblocks (blasphemy, I know) typically because it leaves my face so oily and smeary. I use powdered makeup that has like SPF 50 at least. I def gotta be using powder vs creams to get my SPF. I guess to help my skin care routine, I've been trying to get collagen in more like in my tea to help my skin from the inside too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-09-2024)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    After years of struggling with acne and blemishes, and trying literally everything under the sun...I finally have clear skin and I feel great! My "routine" is extremely chill.

In the morning:
    If I was at work the day prior (my workplace has lots of toxins in the air) and/or I didn't shower the night prior,
    I wash my face with soap. The soap I use is handmade tallow and goat's milk (+lye) from a small homestead in Iowa.
    I then put vanilla-infused whipped tallow cream on my whole face and neck, even my lips. I do a slightly different cream that has vitamin e and beeswax for under my eyes.

That's it. I only wash my face with soap if I need to, otherwise if I'd recently showered or didn't interact with dirty/toxic substances recently, I just rinse my face with warm water and pat try with a towel.

I never need chapstick despite living in New England, and my face is so clear and soft!

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-09-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by ponysoprano View Post
    I think I probably saw it on tiktok or something! It's not painful for me at all, and I have really bad TMJ so I feel like it's helpful for relaxing my jaw and reducing puffiness in the morning you can actually use your fingers as well, you don't need a tool! (you need an account to see links) (can't verify that the claims in this video are all correct, but it is a good demonstration of finger gua sha)

i do each motion ten times, and be sure to use an oil or something that makes your skin slick so that you aren't tugging on your skin.
    ooo I'm definitely going to try this; I grind/clench my teeth at night (according to friends) so maybe this is something that can soothe/reduce this? do you have a recommendation for a type of oil that you've used for gua sha?

Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    Man I don't get skin care routines 😭 for my face anyway. I have sensitive cheeks, but my forehead and nose are oily and can withstand stronger stuff.

I also don't understand how much stuff you can put on your face. I've seen routines where people put like 5 layers of stuff and it just feels like it's getting mixed rather than being absorbed correctly. So if you put a layer of toner after you wash your face, then putting something else will sit on that toner layer, no?

Anyway for me, I try different products a lot to see what works best, but I don't have anything solidified. My priority with my face are a few spots where I have acne scars and I don't want to get chemical peels/lasers and was hoping some topical products could help with repairing the layer (dermis?) to lighten the visibility of the scars, but anyway, I basically wash my face, do some serum or toner after that, then some night cream. For the day, I basically wash the stuff off from the night before and maybe do something lighter like vitamin e oil or a lighter toner. I avoid sunblocks (blasphemy, I know) typically because it leaves my face so oily and smeary. I use powdered makeup that has like SPF 50 at least. I def gotta be using powder vs creams to get my SPF. I guess to help my skin care routine, I've been trying to get collagen in more like in my tea to help my skin from the inside too.
    iirc, when you apply product, you go from thinnest to thickest because the thinner products absorb in the skin quicker. additionally, I think you're supposed to wait 1-2 minutes (or more) depending on what you're applying, to give the product ample time to absorb into your skin

I would definitely recommend looking into an exfoliator/retinol as they'll help with acne scarring, if you want to avoid chemical peels/treatments! I think as long as you're using some sort of SPF before going out into the sun, you're good to go! I'd recommend the Supergoop Unseen SPF sunscreen; it goes on very light and feels like a primer on the skin. the brand is a bit pricey, so would try a tester size before committing, but would recommend if you're looking for a light sunscreen!

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    After years of struggling with acne and blemishes, and trying literally everything under the sun...I finally have clear skin and I feel great! My "routine" is extremely chill.

In the morning:
    If I was at work the day prior (my workplace has lots of toxins in the air) and/or I didn't shower the night prior,
    I wash my face with soap. The soap I use is handmade tallow and goat's milk (+lye) from a small homestead in Iowa.
    I then put vanilla-infused whipped tallow cream on my whole face and neck, even my lips. I do a slightly different cream that has vitamin e and beeswax for under my eyes.

That's it. I only wash my face with soap if I need to, otherwise if I'd recently showered or didn't interact with dirty/toxic substances recently, I just rinse my face with warm water and pat try with a towel.

I never need chapstick despite living in New England, and my face is so clear and soft!
    that's so awesome!! I'm definitely jealous that you have a light routine, but honestly sometimes a very light routine is best, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it haha.
    I've seen a lot of tiktoks about people rendering tallow for soap, but I've never actually used it! would love a recommendation/advice on what to look out for in tallow soaps to try it out sometime!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghastly For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (02-09-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    ooo I'm definitely going to try this; I grind/clench my teeth at night (according to friends) so maybe this is something that can soothe/reduce this? do you have a recommendation for a type of oil that you've used for gua sha?

iirc, when you apply product, you go from thinnest to thickest because the thinner products absorb in the skin quicker. additionally, I think you're supposed to wait 1-2 minutes (or more) depending on what you're applying, to give the product ample time to absorb into your skin

I would definitely recommend looking into an exfoliator/retinol as they'll help with acne scarring, if you want to avoid chemical peels/treatments! I think as long as you're using some sort of SPF before going out into the sun, you're good to go! I'd recommend the Supergoop Unseen SPF sunscreen; it goes on very light and feels like a primer on the skin. the brand is a bit pricey, so would try a tester size before committing, but would recommend if you're looking for a light sunscreen!

that's so awesome!! I'm definitely jealous that you have a light routine, but honestly sometimes a very light routine is best, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it haha.
    I've seen a lot of tiktoks about people rendering tallow for soap, but I've never actually used it! would love a recommendation/advice on what to look out for in tallow soaps to try it out sometime!
    Oooh a sunscreen that's like a primer?! Def going to look into this! Thanks for sharing!! Also, thanks for the tip on applying thinnest to thickest. That's what I get confused about because if I get some "set" of products, they usually have them listed as "do this first, then second, and this one third." I always wonder if you add on more product to that, when in that process do you add it. I honestly just need to stick to one thing consistently for 6-8 weeks, but I always end up stopping and use something else because I'm so impatient lol.

Currently using (you need an account to see links) and then applying(you need an account to see links) of the same product line. I noticed recently (in the last 1-2 years) that I'll periodically break out in some rash/irritation (not acne) on the upper sides of my face near the eyes and upper cheekbones and I can't figure out why. It's some kind of irritation brought on either by getting my skin heated(?) or sweat irritation like after doing intense cardio and sweating a lot (that's when I've noticed it most) or some kind of reaction to a product put on my face. Idk why this started happening, so I now try to be more cognizant of using products like the ones I listed to reduce irritation/inflammation/sensitivity to those areas of my face. Maybe after a few weeks I can re-incorporate serums and other stuff like that.
    Last edited by lint; 02-09-2024 at 11:02 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (02-09-2024),Ghastly (02-09-2024)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    4h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    i currently use bio-oil just bc it's what i have on hand rn that i know is safe for skin lol, but i think a lot of people like to use rosehip oil or jojoba. i would do research depending on your skin type to avoid breaking out, but i think the main thing when using oil for gua sha is just to ensure that you aren't pulling your skin. so ive even done gua sha in the shower just using water or after i use a face lotion, it's not vital to buy an oil specifically for it

it definitely doesn't really reduce my tmj much unfortunately but it's very soothing and relieving for me. i didn't realize how tense my face is in the mornings after grinding/clenching in my sleep all night until i started doing this!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ponysoprano For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-12-2024)