DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    10d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Oh please -_- the shit we have going on now is so deplorable. >> And "the people" are the stupidest bunch in history.
    "but I ain't got time for time...dancing in the shadows of the shadows, no time to shine..."

Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    575 times
    Time Online
    62d 4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by rosieb View Post
    Oh please -_- the shit we have going on now is so deplorable. >> And "the people" are the stupidest bunch in history.
    Wow that bad?!!!!

Here in Aussieland lucky people power is still strong with passed new laws and replaced/changed ones all the time.

I guess Aus is really the lucky country possibly after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 20h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I live in Canada and the gun laws are alright enough. I grew up in a gun household too because my step dad liked to hunt. Too bad there is no easy way to just keep guns away from idiots when lots of people are responsible and know how to act lol. I am kind of on the fence about it, I personally enjoyed owning them myself and we went out shooting a few times on a friends property in the middle of nowhere. But I also enjoy not worrying about wandering a city like toronto and having every other asshole be able to blow your head off and take your wallet for the hell of it. Even the bad areas are like w/e. I suppose I would be in favor of no guns, everyone having them makes people twitchy and it makes the cops even twitchier. As far as invasion goes, no matter how many guns you have if you aren't trained for combat they wont do you much good anyways.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    30d 7h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Guns. /flex (bang, bang)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skarl For This Useful Post:

Banannie (05-15-2014),Misha (06-03-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    219 times
    Time Online
    40d 7h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I'm not really sure how I feel about guns, both sides have points. On an unrealistic level, I think guns should not exist, for anyone, for any country.

Most of the people who use guns to murder and injure others are either hooked on drugs, in poverty or are mentally disabled. When 'gun or no gun' debates arise, it's kind of a way to hide from the actual issues that are going on in this country.

People hooked on drugs need safe, non threatening places to be rehabilitated for free. Long term. Not just one or two months and you're "clean", like... a year or something. Really get those people back on thier feet.

Reduce poverty (no durr) so that people aren't shooting each other for money and food, or botched robberies.

Free mental health evaluations for all people. Free counceling and medications if needed. Mandatory mental health evaluations for those looking to buy a gun. Also, we need safe places to let these people live in comfort, if they are too disabled to make it in their own. So many end up homeless.

So yeah... if you wanna solve the gun issue, solve what's making people shoot eachother. It will never be 100 percent safe, but it will be better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

rosieb (05-17-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    19h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    aslong as guns are kept out of the hands of crazies, so they don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I support the personal weapons if people had fully aware of the destructive power of a weapon, both in the lives of people close to her as himself, but as it will never happen, so I am not in favor.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    7d 11h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I used to be very anti-guns and thought it was stupid to allow people to own a gun for protection, but a couple of years ago I completely changed my opinion on this matter and now I'm a firm believer in that everyone should have that right.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    59/0
    Mentioned
    115 times
    Time Online
    14d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I firmly believe in the second amendment. I believe that government really has no right to dictate whether or not I get to keep my guns, let alone post restrictions on how many guns I can purchase. I also firmly believe in being evaluated and schooled on the proper and safe way to hold such an instrument. My mother every day would tell me "Guns aren't toys, you don't play with them because they take a life and what toy does that? This is serious" and "You need to clean your guns. Don't want to have a daughter with a missing finger or fingers do I?" So education and proper handle safety is very important. I also believe that those who you all have deemed "crazies" need the help, whether it be through medication or a ban where they cannot gain access to firearms, though that doesn't mean that they can't go to the black market and buy and do what they originally intended to do. Look at the 22 year old kid who went on a rampage.

I just know that if I want to go kill a deer or other animal it wouldn't be for shits and giggles, but for food. People keep saying that guns kill people but as cliche as it is, it's people who kill people. Look at other countries that it is illegal to own a gun and their murder rates. I'll give you a good example. In Chicago it's illegal to own a gun unless you are a police official or such. The murder rate is at what 16% and let's not talk about the rest of the crime. No offense to those living in Chicago. Beautiful place, nice people, good food but hell damn scary. So I'd very much prefer my guns, my woods and not being called a redneck. (y)
    I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy,
    the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.
    J A G E R

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    The second amendment is outdated in that technology available now wasn't available in the past, as with weaponry.

A general right to bear arms (against some kings and whatnot - as per the original intent of the amendment) or a right to defend or anything else, could easily be done w/o a military-esque caliber weapon.

With that, I have no problem with people owning guns, but there is a definite distinction in the type of guns that should be or shouldn't be illegal. You could always go extreme and say that we should be able to own, if we can afford, bazookas and uzis, metal piercing AKs and whatnot. There really needs to be a limit (which is currently in place). Almost every shooting that put a negative light on firearms are done with some pretty ridiculous weapons.

There shouldn't be an arms race among the civilian population, I shouldn't need a gun better than that guys gun just because he might possibly maybe have it. Though, we might be past that point as we've had an armed police force for pretty much all of eternity. (for those that missed it, countries with the lowest gun fatality rates have police that aren't allowed to carry firearms). Restrictions are needed, bans aren't.