DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    So assuming that they do change (or rotate) the prize pool, is it possible that the price for some of the weekly prizes (especially the consumables) will recover slightly at a later time? Perhaps not to their former historical highs, but they probably will not stay at their current historical lows as well. If that is the case, it might be better to hold onto the weekly prize instead of panic selling for cheap right now.

Also if they do change the prize pool (instead of rotating), I believe it means that only a healthy supply of those items will now circulate into the market. Those who want those items will now find them more readily and easily obtainable, and the price point of those items will also be readjusted lower and probably not return to their historical highs anytime soon. So long they keep changing the prize pool to tackle the lack of supply/absurd inflation of some items, this is probably a healthy change on a general level.

However I also do recognize the fact that it does suck for the players who hoard those items (I'm not going to cry for them), and especially the ones who got those items at their historical price highs before those items become part of the weekly prize pool. This is going to be absolutely demoralizing for the latter group, and does disincentivize anyone from buying anything expensive from the TP/auction.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Two accounts still glitched. What a mess. Maybe they need more than one programmer working on stuff. Seriously.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    yeah i have 2 accounts without the free prize, and of course theyre the ones with the best prizes

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvger View Post
    So assuming that they do change (or rotate) the prize pool, is it possible that the price for some of the weekly prizes (especially the consumables) will recover slightly at a later time? Perhaps not to their former historical highs, but they probably will not stay at their current historical lows as well. If that is the case, it might be better to hold onto the weekly prize instead of panic selling for cheap right now.

Also if they do change the prize pool (instead of rotating), I believe it means that only a healthy supply of those items will now circulate into the market. Those who want those items will now find them more readily and easily obtainable, and the price point of those items will also be readjusted lower and probably not return to their historical highs anytime soon. So long they keep changing the prize pool to tackle the lack of supply/absurd inflation of some items, this is probably a healthy change on a general level.

However I also do recognize the fact that it does suck for the players who hoard those items (I'm not going to cry for them), and especially the ones who got those items at their historical price highs before those items become part of the weekly prize pool. This is going to be absolutely demoralizing for the latter group, and does disincentivize anyone from buying anything expensive from the TP/auction.
    I would actually really like if they rotated the prize pools. I'm not a reseller or a hoarder by any means, but I could see it being a good compromise between those individuals and the rest of us (which I fall under) who want to have access to other retired stamps and collectables.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-31-2023),Pringle (10-31-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvger View Post

The stamps might go back up a little, but not by a lot. My opinion - better to sell immediately and put that money in the bank to collect interest on.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4d 15h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Guil View Post
    yeah i have 2 accounts without the free prize, and of course theyre the ones with the best prizes
    Did your NP go up by 100k on those accounts? They might have randomized and gotten that

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Draothgorin For This Useful Post:

Guil (10-31-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Draothgorin View Post
    Did your NP go up by 100k on those accounts? They might have randomized and gotten that
    nope, just got nothing, and both weekly prizes have rotated away from what it was before. not a huge loss, easy come easy go but it just feels bad to miss out when tons of people are getting stuff

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    5h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Am I hurting myself by not doing these at the moment? I saw there was a highscore board...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidson View Post
    Am I hurting myself by not doing these at the moment? I saw there was a highscore board...
    You should be doing these, easy way to get items to sell. Also, what high score board?

Pronouns
    1/0
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 2h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    All my prizes got genned into the inventory.
    They fucked this so badly that now there is an overabundance of items out there. The Snowbunny Stamp is going for less than a million on auctions atm, for example.
    I personally am rejoicing because I always wanted collector avatars but don't have billions of neopoints or time to spend making bank.

If they decide to rotate pools, that would be a good opportunity for retired stamps or ultra expensive battledome items to stabilize in price, but they need a rarity in the quests as well.

I bet the guy with 60k accounts is hoarding evrything to be released later at inflated prizes once the tide has settled down.

As of now, the markets are a complete mess, so best to avoid buying or selling anything imo.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Null_user For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (10-31-2023),Pringle (10-31-2023)