30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    It could be a 0.00001% chance new avatar. It would be a good excuse for rotating the pool to more normal/cheaper items and keep players still doing the quests.
    I wouldn’t be on board with that. What’s the point in doing plots, being around for over two decades in some cases, and putting in that effort if it’s possible to get those avs for feeding a pet and buying an item; essentially just playing the game. I’d be on board with an av for completely the weekly quest. Maybe one for completing it a whole month, a whole year. Or maybe on for 1 week, 10 weeks, 25 weeks, etc. new avs, trophies or something along those lines.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

2. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

♥ foxe ♥ (11-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I wouldn’t be on board with that. What’s the point in doing plots, being around for over two decades in some cases, and putting in that effort if it’s possible to get those avs for feeding a pet and buying an item; essentially just playing the game. I’d be on board with an av for completely the weekly quest. Maybe one for completing it a whole month, a whole year. Or maybe on for 1 week, 10 weeks, 25 weeks, etc. new avs, trophies or something along those lines.
    What would be the point of being active and engaging with site events to guarantee the gain of avatars annually vs giving people a 1% 52 times a year or even 12 times a year (once a month) for doing dailies every day? I hope the point is an increase in daily users, which brings more advertising income, which keeps the site around longer. Every other Jumpstart asset was shut down, and I don't want Neopets to go that way, so as much as active players of 20 years deserve acknowledgement, they aren't enough to keep the site around for another decade

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cornishwall For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (11-08-2023),Erik. (11-08-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    I might agree with this more if they were less freeze-happy, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who did plots ~20 years ago on accounts that got thrown into the sun ~17 years ago. I think rare chances to unlock old avs would be a great way to refresh the game a bit (and help vindicate anyone who's been unfairly frozen lol)

honestly even if it wasn't chance based, like letting each of us pick one retired avatar a year like it's premium perk would be sustainable as long as they keep putting out new ones too. it'd make the avatar high score list less impenetrable too

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Erik. (11-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    There is already a BOON where you can use any avatar you want for a week! Just play Obelisk War if avatars matter that much to you.

Nobody needs retired avatars as a reward. Just release new ones. It's like saying you'll give out plot trophies from old events as a new reward. Those trophies and avatars to display your participation in old events. If you have a 1 week old account you have no business permanently unlocking an avatar from 15 years ago, imo.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aymo For This Useful Post:

♥ foxe ♥ (11-07-2023),I_royalty_I (11-08-2023),Ice (11-08-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I'd rather TNT spend their limited time and resources converting the rest of the site before adding enhancements to the daily quests. Let it roll as it is for around a year or so, take a survey to collect what changes we'd like to see implemented as players, and go from there.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Autobot (11-08-2023),aymo (11-08-2023),Druid (11-08-2023),kittyray (11-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by aymo View Post
    There is already a BOON where you can use any avatar you want for a week! Just play Obelisk War if avatars matter that much to you.

Nobody needs retired avatars as a reward. Just release new ones. It's like saying you'll give out plot trophies from old events as a new reward. Those trophies and avatars to display your participation in old events. If you have a 1 week old account you have no business permanently unlocking an avatar from 15 years ago, imo.
    That was going to be my response. The boon lets people “have” those old rare avs they might not have gotten for a short while. We don’t need there to be a way for people to permanently get them.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

12. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

aymo (11-08-2023)

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    oooo i still remember how super duper upset avatar chat was when retired avatars were available from the coincidence

it was hilarious tnt should absolutely do something like that again

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

cornishwall (11-08-2023),Druid (11-08-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    honestly even if it wasn't chance based, like letting each of us pick one retired avatar a year like it's premium perk would be sustainable as long as they keep putting out new ones too. it'd make the avatar high score list less impenetrable too
    That'd be cool but people would still cry about losing their exclusive old account avatar status just like people are crying now about their pets potentially being mistaken for non-legit UCs when they announced the UC brush thing.
    There's just so much cool shit about Neopets that is in the category of "you should've played the game 20 years ago if you wanted to experience it!" which can't be helped if you weren't even born back then or were literally a baby.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Habanero For This Useful Post:

cornishwall (11-08-2023),Druid (11-08-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (12-06-2023),Kisses (11-08-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I was actually referring to a total new avatar with a low chance of unlocking! Point is to keep people playing and if TNT rotates pool prizes to cheaper items then users will stop doing quests (plus all the drama going would surely drives away more players).

If you don't like the economy to continue deflating or whatever and want to keep the quests going, you need somehow to motívate playerbase but without doing something so extreme. That would at least give TNT some time to think about what else to do on site (hopefully for good...)

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Druid (11-08-2023),I_royalty_I (11-08-2023),♥ Rattata ♥ (11-08-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I definitely understand the appeal of wanting to have a chance at old avatars, sucks when you miss out because of missing one tiny thing on day of release, or getting frozen for doing something stupid as a kid, or any number of things like that, but I'm also neurotic about avatars and would feel Wrong™ if I were to get one just randomly like that. Somebody mentioned the stir the coincidence caused when avatar REs were in the pool, and I feel like the better option would be, for some avatars, figure out an alternate way of unlocking, or something, idk.

That said, I'm thinking back to the charity corner boons, and maybe something like getting the pair to an avatar you normally can only get one of like Royal Korbat or Meerca Brothers, or lowering the needed score for game avatars for a week? That might be cool and a happy medium!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB