Thread: Any Profs here know what gets flagged out during a quiz with Respondus lockdown?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m

Any Profs here know what gets flagged out during a quiz with Respondus lockdown?

Was always curious what actions warrants a flag by the respondus lockdown browser? Does it really track eye movement like what people say? How often can you tell a student is really cheating?

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stss View Post
    Was always curious what actions warrants a flag by the respondus lockdown browser? Does it really track eye movement like what people say? How often can you tell a student is really cheating?
    My mom is a professor and department president of the dental hygiene department at the local state college in town. I don't know the exact answer to your question, but a little insight that I've gotten from her could possibly help. I've talked to her about how she and her fellow professors know if a student is using chatGPT and she's explained that they don't have a program or anything that runs it through, but that they solely rely on student chatter and other students filing complaints about hearing that another student uses it.

Super different situation, but it is a really large and successful college so I imagine they'd invest in software if it was actually a thing.

I'd be really surprised personally if they did in fact track eye movement. That sounds so extreme to me lol but again, so not an expert by any means or even a "sort of educated in this" opinion, so take that with a grain of sand lol

Hopefully the information from my mom can help ^_^

(you need an account to see links)
    ・・♡ custom nc/np outfits ☆・・

pfp/ryu/siggy bar by the amazing (you need an account to see links)
    avatar by the great (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunnii For This Useful Post:

Stss (10-07-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnii View Post
    My mom is a professor and department president of the dental hygiene department at the local state college in town. I don't know the exact answer to your question, but a little insight that I've gotten from her could possibly help. I've talked to her about how she and her fellow professors know if a student is using chatGPT and she's explained that they don't have a program or anything that runs it through, but that they solely rely on student chatter and other students filing complaints about hearing that another student uses it.

Super different situation, but it is a really large and successful college so I imagine they'd invest in software if it was actually a thing.

I'd be really surprised personally if they did in fact track eye movement. That sounds so extreme to me lol but again, so not an expert by any means or even a "sort of educated in this" opinion, so take that with a grain of sand lol

Hopefully the information from my mom can help ^_^

Oh that's interesting!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stss For This Useful Post:

Bunnii (10-07-2023)