Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with proxies/VPNs and with getting a new account?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m

Help with proxies/VPNs and with getting a new account?

I would like to purchase a new main, however I have a few questions when it comes to securing it.

What should I use, a vpn or proxy? Do you guys have any tips, recommendations, preferably something free? If it's not free, it's fine too I guess.

I was also wondering how long I should wait until I start transferring pets to a new account, and if theyre illegit, how long I should wait until I start posting in the boards. :/ I don't intend on trading my pets, but still.

Side note: I already have an account linked to my ip, its 100% legit which is why I don't want to risk it, but is there any way to migrate a new account to my ip and then transfer my old main to a new ip?
    Last edited by lagrima; 01-26-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    942 times
    Time Online
    291d 16h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    Using a VPN is much more secure than a proxy. HMA is probably my favourite one, though I'm using Hotspot Shield right now. HMA allows you to choose certain cities. None of these are free, though.
    Also, linking to pirated versions of anything isn't allowed on cK, so I'll say that before it happens haha.

I would wait a month or two, depending on which UCs they are. If they're very high-end or uncommon, you may never be completely safe to go on the boards with them. People are very report-happy.
    i love luna

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Using a VPN is much more secure than a proxy. HMA is probably my favourite one, though I'm using Hotspot Shield right now. HMA allows you to choose certain cities. None of these are free, though.
    Also, linking to pirated versions of anything isn't allowed on cK, so I'll say that before it happens haha.

I would wait a month or two, depending on which UCs they are. If they're very high-end or uncommon, you may never be completely safe to go on the boards with them. People are very report-happy.
    Ahh I didn't know, I'm sorry. I'll edit that part out. I have hotspot shield right now, the elite version, but even then it seems it chooses a different city every time, right? Wouldn't that been seen as suspicious by tnt, if they were to look into it?

I'll definitely look HMA up though!

It's a t6 UC, should I wait one or two months? What about sending 2Ls/3Ls/4Ls/RWs/RNs?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/3
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    83d 21h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    Well it actually depends if you want to be "active" on boards... I feel like the more inactive you are the worthless its the use of a proxy or vpn...
    also, is your new account the only one you will be using? Was the account active or semi-active?
    If the account you are buying its active or semi-active try to use a vpn that provides you with a location near the previous owner of that account or at least the IP it was using, then slowly try to switch to your real IP (if you live far away try to not login if a few days and then do the change)... this of course if you want to be extra safe...

I guess there was a time where TNT actually cares about this but rn I dont feel like they do...

about the second question it also depends on the pets you re thinking to move around, are the pets PC safe? are they UC? are they high-stats pets? if they're away from the PC eyes you wouldn't have any problems move them around.

I would recommed you to use just a proxy to move everything and then switch to your actual IP if this the only account you'll be using, if not try a service like
    (you need an account to see links) wich as a free-service too.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 4h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I have Cyberghost VPN right now, it's really nice! It's free but you can upgrade to $7 a month and pick the city you're coming from.

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by hectorvazc View Post
    Well it actually depends if you want to be "active" on boards... I feel like the more inactive you are the worthless its the use of a proxy or vpn...
    also, is your new account the only one you will be using? Was the account active or semi-active?
    If the account you are buying its active or semi-active try to use a vpn that provides you with a location near the previous owner of that account or at least the IP it was using, then slowly try to switch to your real IP (if you live far away try to not login if a few days and then do the change)... this of course if you want to be extra safe...

I guess there was a time where TNT actually cares about this but rn I dont feel like they do...

about the second question it also depends on the pets you re thinking to move around, are the pets PC safe? are they UC? are they high-stats pets? if they're away from the PC eyes you wouldn't have any problems move them around.

I would recommed you to use just a proxy to move everything and then switch to your actual IP if this the only account you'll be using, if not try a service like
    (you need an account to see links) wich as a free-service too.

I would have two accounts, but I would probably be using the new one better. My old one is all legit so if I used it at all it would be to trade my legit pets. On my new account I intend to be active-ish on the boards, but not the pc. I was never super active on my old account though, I'm not super well known.

They don't care about ips, or?

The pets aren't PC safe, I don't think so. They're mostly UCs.

Two people have recommended cyberghostvpn so I'll give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by syd View Post
    I have Cyberghost VPN right now, it's really nice! It's free but you can upgrade to $7 a month and pick the city you're coming from.
    So, say...TNT doesn't care which city you're in so long as it's in the same country, or? And do you like it better than hotspot shield?
    Last edited by lagrima; 01-26-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    About hotspot shield I've noticed that you can either use it as an add on for chrome/firefox or download it directly as a program for your computer. If you use it as an add on, it will randomly change countries each time all around the world but if you use the downloaded version it only sticks on the USA and doesn't let you unlock other options (Canada, China, etc) unless you upgrade to the premium version. So, this is better if you wanna circulatate and secure accounts around USA IPs, you can just disconnect and reconnect until you match the same state as before again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    46 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Personally, I use hotspot shield free version and have no problems with all my shells. It's been a year now

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    119d 7h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    About hotspot shield I've noticed that you can either use it as an add on for chrome/firefox or download it directly as a program for your computer. If you use it as an add on, it will randomly change countries each time all around the world but if you use the downloaded version it only sticks on the USA and doesn't let you unlock other options (Canada, China, etc) unless you upgrade to the premium version. So, this is better if you wanna circulatate and secure accounts around USA IPs, you can just disconnect and reconnect until you match the same state as before again.
    I downloaded it directly and always make sure it's set to USA, so hopefully there won't be any issues! The state thing is a good idea. By the way, do you know if tnt only tracks your ip when you log in and out or while youre playing and doing random stuff too?

Quote Originally Posted by bluevitriol View Post
    Personally, I use hotspot shield free version and have no problems with all my shells. It's been a year now
    Have you tried them with main accounts before though??

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    @(you need an account to see links) It's been discussed around here before and most people say they take in count login and log out but it never hurts to keep it on all the time you are inside the account just to be safe, since it's not 100% known.